Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

I think removing some of the events that were originally there probably messed it up, as I don't think the comments alone will work. Also, bttrainers.txt is for trainers in the Battle Tower, not regular trainers.

Sorry I can't help you there, because I don't make my events that way. It gets too confusing for me if I don't make trainer events exactly the same way as the ones that came with PSK.

@Vavalar - Take a look at my script "Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))".
Now take a look at yours "Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character
(0))"

You have "(0))" on the next line. Meaning you pressed enter when you typed it in. Make sure when you type it in, that you don't press enter, otherwise it'll count as separate code, meaning the top code isn't complete. I think that's why it has an error.

-Krobe

I know, but if you press enter, then it'll count as a second line. If you just type together, without pressing enter, then it will count as one line of code. Better yet, just clear the script, and copy/paste this in: Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))  If you just copy/paste it in, then it should work.

-Krobe

vavalar, if you paste his code, it will still be on two lines, but it will read it differently and probably work. Try testing it now that you've put it in. :)

btw Krobelus, I think you are very good at this. I just tried making a trainer event your-style, and it worked! Now I can make trainer events with screen shakes, screen flashes, and any other rpgxp command you can think of. Or well, sort of. Basically I don't have to follow the methods done by the comments if you know what I mean, I'm more free to put in event commands in a sense and can therefore customize trainers more.

wata

I got a question :eek: How do you make it so a trainer(Your rival) chooses the oppisote element of pokemon you've got? So if you start off we a grass he will choose the fire one? xD

@wata
Although I have never tried it, when you choose your starter, you could probably set a variable to 1, 2, or 3 depending. Then make 3 different versions of your rival trainer (each having a different pokemon), then battle just one of them according to what the variable is. You could probably also use the same variable for future rival battles later in the game, but you'd have to make three versions of every one of them.

@Nim the Dialga - Thank you very much! I never ever used comments for that very reason. I always thought everyone used that method? o.o Ho Hummm...

@Wata - Yea, basically you have "if" variables depending on what Pokemon the player chose. So if you choose Pokemon 1, then he'd choose Pokemon 3, if you choose Pokemon 3, he'd choose 2, etc. etc.

-Krobe

Nim the Dialga":2p16bskb said:
vavalar, if you paste his code, it will still be on two lines, but it will read it differently and probably work. Try testing it now that you've put it in. :)

It still says syntaxerror.

Oh, I thought it was an actual script error, and it would go into detail. I think for this problem, your better off PMing Poccil. Sorry, =/

-Krobe

I'm wondering something. I saw a script in the starter kit for the "battle arena", but unlike the battle tower and battle palace, there was no map for it. Can someone please tell me how to set it up?

umm how can i make an event that gives you a certain pokemon i have search the project and i have seen battlers of all pokemons!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.