Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

i was wondering, the notes.html says :
There should be five different image files for new Pokemon (XXX is the Pokemon's number):
    *the other stuff
    * Graphics/Icons/iconXXX.png

however, the icons494 to icon539 are unknowns and other pokemon, so what if you created your a new pokemon #494 ?

maplelame":1ajfur7r said:
i was wondering, the notes.html says :
There should be five different image files for new Pokemon (XXX is the Pokemon's number):
    *the other stuff
    * Graphics/Icons/iconXXX.png

however, the icons494 to icon539 are unknowns and other pokemon, so what if you created your a new pokemon #494 ?

Those icons are not used in the game, so you can delete them to make room for your Pokemon.

O_O

This starter kit is great;but i have one issue...when a pokémon evolves,in middle of the animation,my RPGXP crashes...there's any known issues for this?

Mean1

ok this kit is pretty cool but it does not have what I want, unless I missed it. You know how when you are on the field and there is no pokemon encounters unless you walk into grass? Well I want to add that to my game where you only have monster battles in grassy areas. Is that scripting in there??? I have RPGMVX

Mean1":3w15sd7y said:
ok this kit is pretty cool but it does not have what I want, unless I missed it. You know how when you are on the field and there is no pokemon encounters unless you walk into grass? Well I want to add that to my game where you only have monster battles in grassy areas. Is that scripting in there??? I have RPGMVX
Oh dear god. That post was more horrid than an aborted fetus. Please read notes.html before posting like a fucktard.

O_O

No one knows why the evolution scene crashes the RMXP?I Already checked the evolution script,and found something to prevent crashing,but as my script knowledge is good as my english spelling,i am sorta confused there...

@A Forgotten Legend - Actually, if you read, it's been compatible with VX for sometime now.

@O_O - If your having trouble, and no one here can help you, then just PM Poccil. He IS the one who made the kit you know =P

@Mean1 - If your having trouble using it with VX, then PM Poccil, because as far as I know, I haven't used it with VX yet, so I'm not entirely sure how to set terrain tags.

-Krobe

This is actually pretty good, I might use a few scripts in this but not allot as I tend to want to code everything myself(usually by event coding)

Resolution script is my favorite, it's perfect!

Necrile":1xnhyys7 said:
Mean1":1xnhyys7 said:
Oh dear god. That post was more horrid than an aborted fetus. Please read notes.html before posting like a fucktard.

No offense Necrile, but please don't flame. Saying someone posted like a "f-tard" is definitly a flame. And it's also using an offensive word. I'm not mad or anything, but please don't do that again, even if you think someone didn't read instructions enough.

So, can someone tell me how I would exactly use it in VX?  Should I open it up in XP and transfer the scripts... or what?  That could be a bit too complicated.. O_O Because looking at it, it doesn't look very VX compatible. =/

@A Forgotten Legend - Poccil wrote a script changing the commands and such so that the scripts WILL work with VX.

If I get around to it, I might test it with VX, and I'll let you guys know.
-Krobe

VX project files are .rvproj, but all that is in the starter kit is .rxproj, the XP file.  How could you openi it anyway? I'm confuzzled.

EDIT: ...is there another script I need to find then?

What I did was open a new VX project, erase all VX scripts, and copy/pasted all of XPs scripts into it. Then I got a PBItems error in Pokeradar script, so I'm not sure exactly how to use it in VX.

Perhaps Poccil should also make a VX demo?
-Krobe

Krobe, are you sure that you copied the newest text files into the folder in VX? Maybe that's why you got the pokeradar error. Check items.txt and see if it has
501,POKeRADAR,POKé RADAR,5,0,"This device helps you find a defeated wild Pokemon more easily.",2,0

Actually, I forgot to place the graphics -.-,

I'm just wondering, where would the fogs, battlebacks, transitions, windowskins and titles go? I'm assuming most of them (if not all) would go in the system folder yea?
-Krobe

@Krobelus: Hí, well i have bean working on the pokekit  and well everything is working fine after i made mi first gym. Wen i finish battling the gym leader  i made a switch event so wen i finish battling the gym leader the switch activate and gave a badge  and then i put the number and wen i look  my bag and then  mi profile no badge???

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.