Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

did you also copy all the files from the folders including the PBS folder??? (I think it is .pbs...) anyways, inside that folder is the metadata information...in a file called metadata....Also, when you edit your post with new info, don't delete what you already said, then no one knows what you said before hand....which doesn't help us in trying to help you...

now this starter kit we can use this meterial to make my own pokemon game as long as credit is giving right?  I know this is a stupid question but i dont want to deal with crap for using the meterial

Just make sure to give credit everywhere that it is needed including a ton of credit to Poccil with this awesome starter kit..and pokemon for the ideas....

I transfered everything to their respected folders, data into the data, audio sorted, etc. But I didn't find any folder for PBS. If I click on the "play game" icon in its folder, I get to the name input then I get an error after that. "load_data'No such file or directory - Data/trainernames.dat That file is in the data folder. I really am not sure what to do.

The reason I deleted what I said before was a question I answered myself and was irrelevant.

so i wont get seud for making a game as long as i give credit and i dont sell it(Which i dont want to) i just wanna make a fan game thats all i'll credits arent a problem cause this kit is aswome i'd want credit if i made this too :D plus credit is good!!! lol

I'm having a little problem with the mart. I'm sure I have the right coding. I need to know all the things you must add to the player to make him able to obtain items, pokemon, and all that stuff. Basiclly I need to know what scripts can get you started and ready to play the rest of the game.

ok i need help i have pokemon outworld sprites but i need them bigger how do i make them big enough... kinda like the person did with the professon oak... how do i do that?

Bring it it into an art program(I use paint) press Ctrl+A, then press Ctrl+ the plus sign on the numpad. I'm currently doing that for Fr/Lg Gym Leaders.

Mitch

This is perfect. I'm one of the few hundred who is also making a Pokemon Game and although i'm not using the orginal battle system Becuase i have something ten times better (Think SSB) Ha. Anywho anyone who wants to join just give me a hollar.

Hey, I was fiddling around with this and realized that there's no reference to imputting a trainer name WITHOUT prompting the player first. Note that I'm refering to the trainer that you play as, not just any old trainer. I looked everywhere I thought relevant, but couldn't find anything. I'm assuming that it's possible, but I don't know HOW. Can anyone help me out?

Also, I'm having serious issues with script hanging. I get like three maps into the game and then it says that the script is hung up and restarts. I editted the pbIntl, but I'm pretty sure that was just to stop hangup when the game is launched. Is there anything that I can do to stop this, or is my computer just so craptastic that it can't handle it?

Thanks to anyone who can help :S

EDIT: $Trainer.name="WHATEVER" doesn't seem to be working.

FIXES FOR STARTER KIT

FIX NUMBER 1
I found a solution to an error in the Evolution Check script.

Basically, the evolution type "HasInParty" (in which a Pokémon needs to have another in the party to evolve) does not work. The error is actually caused by a careless mistake, one I've made plenty of times, in the script.

At line 521, it has the following:

for i in $Trainer.party.length

It should be:

for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length

Make this change, and you should have no problem evolving your MANTYKE into a MANTINE with a REMORAID. Or anything new you come up with.

FIX NUMBER 2
I noticed that the starter kit uses this line of script when dealing with a night time condition:
(time.hour>=20 && time.hour<6)

You don't have to know much about scripting to see this problem. Basically, Night is defined as any time after the 20th hour (8 o'clock PM) and before the 6th our (6 o'clock AM). The problem is the work "and." It is simply impossible for it to be an hour greater than or equal to 20 AND less than 6 at the SAME TIME. In order to fix this, an "or" sign represented like this || should be used instead. If you've tested out evolving your Eevee into an Umbreon and it doesn't work, there's your problem.

It should be:
(time.hour>=20 || time.hour<6)

how come when i play test my game i can walk on some of my houses fences trees and other things like that can anybody help with that?

udivision":3d811o1u said:
vavalar":3d811o1u said:
how do I make 2 on 2 battles? Whenever I try i get an error.
He explains it very well in the notes.

For double Wild battles though, use:

pbDoubleWildBattle(poke1,level,poke2,level)

No I mean 2 on 2, when I do a double battle when I have a partner registered, It always gives me an error.

Shikamaru88, its because the tileset hasn't been edited to disallow passage there. If you go into Database/Tilesets, You can edit the passage by clicking the tiles. a circle means you can walk on it and an x means you cant.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.