Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

True Pokemon Starter Kit

Just wondering, does that code account for any pokemon species that don't have any alternate forms? Like some pokemon have alt forms, others don't, does it know to only "makealt" if the pokemon HAS an alt form? I think that would be something important to include, if it isn't already.

:)

edit: I believe this code that you included was what I'm looking for.....?:
@alt=true if FileTest.exist?(filename)

that's cool. but it's missing the following things:

shiny & back images of arceus forms
all sprites of alt forms of giratina, shaymin, & rotom
shaymin sky forme's cry
mp3 versions of diamond/pearl/platinum music (which I already have most of though)

Faint

I've got a problem with the battlebackground types, Grass/Mud/Stone. As far as I know I put the right encounters for my map. This is what I've put
Code:
I've got a problem with the battlebackground types, Grass/Mud/Stone. As far as I know I put the right encounters for my map. This is what I've put <code>############

030 # MAP030

Land

BULBASAUR,20,30

BULBASAUR,20

BULBASAUR,20

BULBASAUR,20

BULBASAUR,20

BULBASAUR,20

BULBASAUR,20

BULBASAUR,20

BULBASAUR,20

BULBASAUR,20

BULBASAUR,20

BULBASAUR,20

</code>

This must be the good code. This is what it shows on that map in a wild battle.

I have a question

When I make an animation in the animation editor and then save the changes, it doesn't save. What am i supposes to do in order to have the animation save?

^_^

well how do you save it, do you just click the save button cuz that is what I do and it never works. Am I supposed to name the files a certain name? For example I named one of my files Move:COMETPUNCH, did I do something wrong?

"I've got a problem with the battlebackground types, Grass/Mud/Stone. As far as I know I put the right encounters for my map. This is what I've put "

You have to edit the MetaData for the map. The Background has nothing to do with Encounters, Go to Metedata, and add in your map ect. Make sure you enable OutDoors, if you want a cave map enable CAVE ect. But to get the BG tye you need to edit MetaDta and add your map. PLEASE READ THE MANUAL before posting a question next time, The answer is usually in there.

becoolioman":n6u5jgrj said:
I have a question

When I make an animation in the animation editor and then save the changes, it doesn't save. What am i supposes to do in order to have the animation save?

^_^

I've had this problem also. Can someone please help with this, as I really want to make animations that work with the actual pokemon sprite, which can only be done in the animations editor, not in rpgxp. :)

Faint

I made a big mistake, it doesn't saves with mine editor either.

@sprugles555
Thank you for your answer. It works now. I really read the manual but was unable to find information about that. Thank you very much.

I've had this problem also. Can someone please help with this, as I really want to make animations that work with the actual pokemon sprite, which can only be done in the animations editor, not in rpgxp. :)

You can also do it Rpg Xp. In order to do it though, you have all the animation at the point 0,0 AKA in the center. It may be harder but its all I am doing right now. Though I wish the animation editor would work, it would make my life 10 times easier.

becoolioman":tj7slaga said:

You can also do it Rpg Xp. In order to do it though, you have all the animation at the point 0,0 AKA in the center. It may be harder but its all I am doing right now. Though I wish the animation editor would work, it would make my life 10 times easier.

Yes, but I meant like I can't do things like move the sprite, zoom it, or rotate it. I know I can put things on top of the center to make them appear on top of the sprite, but I can't mess with the sprite itself.

I have a very frustrating problem. This is the error log -

pokemon.jpg

But looking at the pokemon wordpad file, I see nothing wrong with this formatting.

[508]
Name=VALORCAN
InternalName=VALORCAN
Kind=Sparkling
Pokedex=It has learned the values of true power, and has an extremely strong sense of justice. It will fly at amazing speeds

to attempt to stop crime.
Type1=ELECTRIC
Type2=FLYING
BaseStats=114,90,70,120,30,150
Rareness=120
BaseEXP=113
Happiness=70
GrowthRate=Fluctuating
StepsToHatch=3840
Color=Brown
Habitat=Grassland
EffortPoints=0,0,0,2,0,0
Abilities=INTIMIDATE
Compatibility=4,4
Height=0.6
Weight=15.5
GenderRate=Female50Percent
Moves=1,TACKLE,1,GROWL,1,QUICKATTACK,5,QUICKATTACK,9,WINGATTACK,11,THUNDERSHOCK,18,ENDEAVOR,23,THUNDERBOLT,28,AERIALACE,33,TA
KEDOWN,38,AGILITY,43,DOUBLEEDGE
BattlerPlayerY=8
BattlerEnemyY=12
BattlerAltitude=0

To add more frustration, if I delete the Pokemon supposedly creating the problem, the Pokemon BEFORE it has the same problem! Please...help me! :sad:

The error has something to do with one of the wild hold items for it (the one that's more rare). I don't see that shown in your code. I think I'd need to see more of the code in your file to help you fix it, but I think it's probably a simple mistake.

I don't know if many people know this or not, because the notes only mention it very briefly - but you can actually have snag balls in this game!

There are a good amount of troubles with it however.

In singles, they work properly for the most part - after the pokemon is caught and added to your pokedex, the trainer will send out a new pokemon if they have one, or will be defeated if they don't. But the "caught" jingle music doesn't stop and the battle music won't play again.

In doubles, when a pokemon is caught, the trainer doesn't send out a new pokemon and thus you'll be in battle against only one. I haven't tested to see what happens if that one remaining pokemon is caught or ko'd.

One more weird thing - in singles snagging a pokemon gives you exp, and in doubles it doesn't.

Any coders know how to fix all this?

I am having the worst troubles setting up a flipping server. I put the right crap in netserver.xml and in servers.txt

I ran netserver.exe and everytime I go to trade or register it says There are no available servers. I followed the instructions and ahve done this numerous times.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.