Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The last film you saw

Just watched a really strange (but compelling to watch till the end) film about baseball, staring Robin Hood and Darth Vader. Very odd. I didn't exactly get what was going on, mainly because lolbaseball, but nonetheless good film.

e

Sponsor

Darkfire":2ceosqsf said:
I really like the soloist. Then again, I tend to love character studies, and that is exactly what that movie was. Also, I don't see how it can have the premise of something but not develop in to anything since it was based on a true story.

If you've ever seen Ayers in interviews, he's pretty much different from how he was portrayed, hence I assumed they were doing a very liberal interpretation of what happened.

In other news, I saw Moon yesterday, which was pretty enjoyable, but much too short for the slow pace they chose; the movie is very, very slow, and while its promising (the story is intriguing, though nothing new in sci-fi, the cast is very good, photography is solid), it falls short by saying too little. It's, unfortunately, not strong enough on the visual side to compensate for the lack of any information/action.

Still good, but not worth 12$ at the theater? Just rent it.

mawk

Sponsor

Rocky V

I can see how it got some lame reviews because it's a departure from the formula of all the Rockies leading up to it but honestly I think it was still really solid. like the movies are about him and his life and five did a good job of keeping to the man's hypothetical life and characterizing him and so on and etc. was different, yeah, but it was a cool movie still.

Hmm... i saw Bedtime story last time, (a long time ago though, my dad always watch those boring cowboys >.> ) it's a cool movie, have a very creative story.

have you seen Brazil? see that too if not.

when you do eventually see it, make sure to notice all the little details. I've seen it like 4 times and still I'm noticing little extra shits and details that expand the plot even more. the first time you see it you'll be all "o.O" mostly. But then watch it again and go ":eek: ohhhh"

Jason

Awesome Bro

006":4iepjlxf said:
Rented Saw a week ago, so very awesome. And very shocking and ingenious really.

Yes, yes it is, you should think about renting the others, since the story is really mind boggling with twists EVERYWHERE, but damn damn damn I love them films so much, best set of films I've seen so far to be honest, well for the genre anyways, since my favourite trilogy is the Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy, damn gotta love it, although the fourth one (Fountain of Youth) will suck terribly, since it's a different director, and two of the main characters aren't going to be in it... (Guess who)

The last film I saw, I watched Role Models last night, cause it's a darn funny film, lol, and Sean Willam Scott is awesome...

Orphan.

Watchable. The first few hours droned on and on with not much happening; the last half hour was good.

I really think it could have been better, BUT it was better than I expected it to be, being generic psychochildhorrormovie #24601.

Watchmen extended director's cut. Runs well over 3 hours.

Let me just give you a spoiler, in case you havent read the novel:

almost everything you were pissed about it missing? it's there.
including the death of night owl I.

it was

fucking

fanstastic

jesuschrist

the pacing was better, the interludes more drawn out, the drama more intensified, and the woefully missing scenes, re-added.

beau-tiful.

Just watched Men In Black again.

It's an amazing film, I'd rank it up there with Ghostbusters, but everyone I've ever spoke to about it absolutely hated it, idgi I thought it was really good anyway.

Oh shit I completely forgot he was even in it

Man that was a good one, second one. They showed it on Watch but I missed it because I was watching a Sky+'ed of the first film while it was on :crazy:

But this being Watch, it'll be on every night for the next month lol. Look what happened with Dante's Peak, I've counted at least five showings this past week.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Lol and Dante's Peak is shit anyway, lol.

But yeah, I could sit through Men In Black 2 five times, just give me pizza... lots and lots of pizza.

Recently watched Practical Magic. I really really like that film :x

It's about witches and it's got Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman

But yeah liked it and this is the fourth time I've watched it :x

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.