Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The last film you saw

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Great, best in the series so far...

It sucks that The Deathly Hollows is going to be split into 2 parts, released a year apart.

The last movie I saw was The Watchmen when it was still in theaters. I skipped my "jesus and his teaching class" to go watch it. :devil: hehehe.

I'm going to have to rent all the movies that have come out since then.

went to the drive-in last night and saw Ice Age 3 and Transformers 2.
One was awesome and the other was one of the worst movies i've seen in a while.
Ice age3 wasn't as good as i thought it would be but still good. It seemed anti-clamatic to me, and a little lost in some areas. I rated it a B over at yahoo.

*warning: wall-o-text*
Now the other one, i felt so robbed of my time i actually went to yahoo movies and posted a review, which i never do. It was like the director (bay) knew what movies were supposed to have in them, but failed to grasp the concept. Plus, it was filled with bad language (a lot provided by the autobot twins), and stupid crude humor. If you're a hormone crazed boy who sees it to stare at the female cuties, and love watching cgi action in which you can't tell what's happening but lots of stuff blows up, then you'll love the movie.
It was 2 1/2 hours of torture. And since most of us here make games i think we consider ourselves writers and story-tellers. It had at least 1 hour of pointless crap, either through the humor of things humping things, or the new college kid who's job in the movie was to be scared and scream a lot.

It kept building up with things getting worse, then action, kablooeee, then somehow humans get away even though autobots magicaly aren't around. then more 'end of the world' stuff builds up, then action, then kablang! then humans runnning in slow mo, ok this repeated itself for a while. it had i don't know how many parts rising to the climax, which they finaly reached and the last battle wasn't too bad, but by that point i'm wishing it would end and can't take their fake 'end of the world moments' seriously, especially since they didn't set-up characters for anyone but the 2 annoying autobots and the stupid kid.
in conclusion, half the movie was mindless, screeching action where you couldn't tell what was happening, and the other half was following the humans around as they did stupid things and day to day life which had nothing to do with the plot. Next time, put autobots in the transformers movie and give humans a 25% role.

Jason

Awesome Bro

I have to seriously disagree with you, I loved Transformers 2, yeah it had some bad areas, and the twins were annoying as hell, but I quite liked the story, athough I'm more a fan of the decepticons than auto-bots, since Starscream is my favourite Transformer, lol, and the ending could have been better, Jetfire is too cool to give his heart and parts to Optimus, lol.

But yeah I really liked the film overall, lol.

Hmm, the last film I saw was last night, I couldn't pick what I wanted on, so I just randomly threw a disc in, and to my dissapointment, it was Jumper, but I fell asleep 20 minutes in anyways, haha.

But if we're talking last LATEST film, I saw Bruno last week, I don't care how gay people think it is, especially with a close up of him windmilling his penis, and his japs eye opens up and screams BRUNO, I thought overall it was an amazingly funny film.

^yeah rbuno was pretty fun, especially the part with the woman xD

last movie I saw was Harry Potter, don't go watch it.. I enjoyed the first 4 movies alot;. but this (the 6th i think) is total garbage... One of the worst movies i've ever seen.. okay I know they can't make a 5 hour movie, but IF you split the movie make 2 good parts and not 1 really bad one .. Total waste of money it was that movie.

e

Sponsor

I just saw The Soloist last night; not quite what I expected. It has the premise of something good, and a strong cast, but somehow it never developed into anything. It's still enjoyable, but nothing incredible.

candle

Sponsor

I really like the soloist. Then again, I tend to love character studies, and that is exactly what that movie was. Also, I don't see how it can have the premise of something but not develop in to anything since it was based on a true story.

Slumdog Millionaire. I found it very racist, there were no white or even African American people in it. Nah, I really did enjoy it I don't even care it was a standard storyline, it was very touching.

The "last scene" of Transformers 2 is like half of the movie. In this scene, we have:
- Old guy climbs a pyramid
- Shia LeBeouf and Megan Fox walk across the desert

Exciting!

It is a lot of "oh no oh no they're here what do we do AHHHHHHHHHHH phew okay everything's fine (repeat)"

oɹnɔsoɹǝɔ: my thoughts exactly :thumb:

in other thoughts i saw 'penelope' on tv the other day, and it was surprisingly good, they even stayed away from cliches while making fun of others :lol:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.