Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The last film you saw

What was the last film you saw?

Did you like it?

Last film I saw was Juno. It was watchable, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it to be honest. It was kinda slow and boring, and the ending was really predictable.

Last film I saw at the cinema was Star Trek, which I'd already seen twice before, and frankly it is the best film in the series so far (much better than Nemesis) and is really worth watching even if you're not a trekkie. (I never considered myself one but considering I've seen every episode except for Enterprise I guess I'm wrong :~) Anyway yeah, I would definately recommend seeing it even if it does mean forking up cash for the pictures or pirating it. Though I also watched a pirate copy and it wasn't the same as on the big screen... it was a bad copy though.

Jason

Awesome Bro

I went to see Transformers 2 yesterday, for everyone who hasn't seen it, it's immense...

The film is 150 minutes long, about 120 is giant robots fighting (Figures), the other is Megan Fox...

Lol.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Well the first one was pretty fucking amazing, the second one, is like 100x better than the first, with more action than you could ever wish for, the fight scenes are just brilliant, but the only problem I have with both movies, is that Shia LaBeouf is the main character, someone needs to kill him and his owl eyebrows.

But yeah, definately worth watching them both, however, I'd recommend watching the first before you go and see the second, since it's pretty obviously a follow on, lol.

Last movie I saw was Saw. (no kiddin jk ghgeh)

anyway, I saw Angels and Demons this morning.. thought it was pretty mediocre. I liked the first movie though, the only things I like about this are the badass special effects.

Last I saw at the cinema was Dragonball.... .. .
that was rather entertaining, in it's own way. I spent what, how short is that movie? -anyway, the whole movie laughing. Not only at the fucked up things that were good in dragonball, but also at the camerawork, and script. Shit there were some shots in there that were really unneccesary, and didn't add anything to the movie.

but let's not talk about dragonball

last movie i saw in theatres was star trek
it was pretty good but imo not quite as good as i heard from everyone else
i do actually like that they are trying to take the thing in a new direction though
but even though it was necessary to the plot and to the fanservice i felt like they could have left leonard nemoy out of it
dont get me wrong he's cool as hell
just the way they wrote him in felt like it killed something that took me out of the setting.

All of the origional actors had some part to play in the production, idk why Nemoy was special though. He's a great actor but yeah... I do think Quinto is the right guy to continue the role though.

Old-Scotty's son is standing next to Simon Pegg in one of the scenes apparently.

Edit: Except Shatner, because the rest of the cast hate him and his toupe.

Crank 2 High Voltage, excelente movie, if you wanna laugh see it. Also, the last film I saw before Crank 2 was actualy Crank, which is better than the second one, and totaly recommended.

jbrist":dg8bdbsg said:
I went to see Transformers 2 yesterday, for everyone who hasn't seen it, it's immense...

The film is 150 minutes long, about 120 is giant robots fighting (Figures), the other is Megan Fox...

Lol.

lol that's the last movie I saw, and yeah it was 100x more epic then the first.
I don't think its for people like Wyatt though.
The first one would be alright...
but in the second one things move so fast Wyatt would get his balls all tied up in a knot.

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Last movie i actually watched at the cinema was i think .............. Stardust (yes, that long ago!). But the last movie i saw in general was "The Uninvited". Has one of the best endings i've seen in a good while. Recommended from me!

Yesterday, I watched a romance movie called A lot like love. It is a 2005 movie but I loved it nevertheless. It was kinda gross at some parts but I loved how cute it was at the end. :cute:

Oh man thats one of my favorite movies :3
But anything with Tim Curry qual's for that.

But recently (besides awesomely terrible MST3K films) I saw Adaptation.

It stars Nicolas Cage, he's playing the writer who wrote Being John Malkovich. He wants to write a screenplay adaptation for a book about Orchid thieves, but he can't find the right creative outlet. He also plays his own twin brother, who writes terrible hollywood garbage and banks off it hugely. It has a pretty brilliant ending if you read between the lines. Anyway, it's very amusing, in the dark, strange Being John Malkovich fashion.

I didn't like it quite as much as BJM as it didn't have the same surreal fantasy aspects, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Cage in something I didn't hate him in. He actually did a really good job :0

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.