Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

tobacco goldfish":1m8nj4dm said:
lol did you join this forum just to defend my little pony? all of your posts are oriented to this thread.

yeah dude it';s an obvious troll account but we'd rather just play along for the sake of having an actual discussion.

i mean on a forum where a lot of people generally agree it's nice to have a dissenting perspective to keep convrsation acctive. so welcome trolls :toot:

Cait

(o.o) I just wanted to post that I don't think the shows that bad, pretty good for a My little Pony (I only watched the pilot), and the characters are really have potential. I just wanted to thank you for posting this topic, because if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have realized that I was introverted. Despite the fact that my own mother knew, she never said a word. Now I realize that .. there's nothing wrong with me. (^_^)/ Thanks! (I watched it and had enough, so I wanted to know what the word really meant). One of the good things is that they don't portray being SHY as the same thing as introverted, which is one of the biggest misconceptions in the world. There are shy people who believe they are introverted and introverts who believe they are shy. It's a really well down show and something that the whole family can watch. (Although, to be honest, I don't see many young men or boys wanting to watch this. Which is a shame, because it's so well done. Maybe if it hadn't been called: My little Pony which is a girl's toy traditionally.)

Glad to see that you're enjoying My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. They're many people who enjoy this show, as we're fans/bronies of the show.

You can thank Lauren Faust and the team behind the cartoon for creating this wonderfully show.

moog

Sponsor

Friendly Friend":1k3h2tfv said:
Here's one of my many favorite videos that I like to share to everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tjb14VoWjg

ok now youre trolling. its pretty funny though so please continue

I was just contributing to the thread, not trolling. Am I bothering you? I'm sorry if I made you angry, I just wanted to show everyone this cool video that was made by bronies.

Please forgive me...

Apple_bloom_sad-%28n1295290422027%29.gif

guys
dont accuse people of trolling if they are trolling then you dont need to point it out
the person is contributing to a discussion i dont really care if you think that their opinion is stupid or they are stubborn
that really doesnt make it trolling because the person is continuing a discussion
so stop calling people trolls

if you dont have anything to say about mlp that is constructive/adds to the conversation then dont say it at all
seriously next person to do it gets a warn~
Ive given pretty much a bunch of warnings about this but no one is listening so oh well
and dont respond to this~

I gotta say, whatever everyone else says, I'm actually in love with the animation even if it is "lazy". So much time has clearly been spent on it, regardless of the medium it's created in.

Uhm I didn't watched any ep of My Little Pony, but I must say something about that "this is for children, and I'm adult so this will suck" thing.
As a grown up man, who just recently finished school (I'm going to study at university this year) I really enjoy fairy tales, book and movies for children. For example I think that Wizard of Oz series beats shit out from most "adult" fantasy like Lord Of The Rings etc cause it's actually fantasy, not some medieval-like-world-with-orcs-and-magic(TM). Of course I don't say that ALL children books are that good, or better than "adult" books, but I'd never say that they are WORSE just because they are for kids.

I think that MLP must be at least decent, otherwise it wouldn't get that huge attention from adults. I'm gonna try it soon.

@GameBoy

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves.
To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.

And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow.
But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development.
When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so.
Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C.S. Lewis

I don't have a problem with people that watch MLP. We all have our guilty pleasures, whether I agree with them or not.

My only problem is that some people who watch the show feel a sense of entitlement for some reason - like they're superior because they admit they watch a children's show. And yeah, these people do exist.

I love to indulge in youth fiction and revel in shows targeted towards children, but I don't embark on a mission to "convert" other people to liking the stuff. You like MLP, sure, but you don't have to convince anybody else to like it.

What Gameboy said reminded me of C.S Lewis quote, thats why I posted it, glad you all liked it.

@ dadevster: Yes, you are indeed correct as it is not right to force someone's liking down another's throut, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't allow someone to enjoy what they like because you don't like it.

the cs lewis quote is irrelevant to this because the basis of the argument comes from bronies saying that the show HAS ADULT DEPTH MADE FOR AN ADULT AUDIENCE TOO and that just isn't true. i mean yeah in my research (reading wikipedia lolol) i found that the creators of the show pay attention to their fanbase and that's a really cool thing that gives me some kind of respect for the show but at the same time

MLP made for kids (girl kids) and people claiming that it has some kind of underlying adult theme are just bullshitting themselves and making up excuses for watching kids shows. they're saying things that aren't true in an attempt to justify their fandom. so recognizing it from that perspective, the bronies themselves are the ones who should read that quote.

I can understand where your coming from, as it's true that the show was made for kids. But that doesn't mean that the show can't be enjoyed by adults because the show was made for all ages. To be enjoyed by kids and adults alike.

I love the show because of the calm, cute, humor, writing, and nostalgia the show is and how surprising the show is unlike it's other generations ( as before FiM existed, my little pony was just a advertisement ploy to sell toys for little girls).

It's a breath of fresh air how FiM accomplished the impossible which lead to massive impact that is the brony fandom.

Hey guys, you know there's a secret trick to know when Watching My Little Pony, you have to be high.

Weed usually does the trick, it's what makes the show awesome, it's why people enjoy it.

The Colours, the music, see the picture?

moog

Sponsor

people dont enjoy it because of drugs, they "enjoy" it because they are in too deep and dont have the balls to admit its fucking stupid

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.