Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mr.Mo's Squad Based ABS (SBABS)

Okay, I think Mr.Mo is busy with his scripts, and I'll try my best to help you lot, but its better to wait for Mr.Mo's responds.

DarkMessenger:
Dunno about that, but it should work if you removed the party. @_@

Hellbas:
Not too sure about that, try putting it in Self Switch and it might prevent it, if not, consult Mr.Mo

N()()B + P()()NED:
Hmm, thats weird; I'll upload a copy on Box.net (I'll edit this post) and see if it works for you.

frostedsn0:
1. Probably a bug.

2. Once again, a bug (Enterbrain's side...) I had that sometimes.

Itachi:
1. I think it need disposing, try putting it as Self Switch on or something, or its a bug in the script, I don't know.

2. And, I think you can edit that in the script?

ninaheethart
1. In the SBABS, you use Switch ID 3 to turn it on or off. (And at the top of the script, (Minimap) '@corner = 4', this is for configuring the position of the minimap.

2. Best ask Mr. Mo that.

3. Set it to attack all actors? (If not, best ask Mr. Mo that.)

4. Same answer as 2.

Eldnar

Hoa i have a idea i dont now if i talk....but..
In our next version you could create a _dead animation for the enemies is more fun i dont now if the other use animated abs but i use and will be more fun with the enemies have a dead animation too.....
so when the enemy die he make the animation and he stop on the last frame
and wait a 5 seconds and desapear! and he start to make the respawn!
and
I dont now exatily if is a bug
when i use a spell my character make the _hit animation no the _cast animation....
NOTE: I use the enemy and the player animated!

Eldnar;207315 said:
Hoa i have a idea i dont now if i talk....but..
In our next version you could create a _dead animation for the enemies is more fun i dont now if the other use animated abs but i use and will be more fun with the enemies have a dead animation too.....
so when the enemy die he make the animation and he stop on the last frame
and wait a 5 seconds and desapear! and he start to make the respawn!
and
I dont now exatily if is a bug
when i use a spell my character make the _hit animation no the _cast animation....
NOTE: I use the enemy and the player animated!

Woah, didn't understand a word of that, except for the first part.

I won't make a _dead animation for the enemies, it already lags enough.

Anyways:

As for the bugs people, I will get to them soon, been busy lately, need to reorder things. ':|

great script really impressive , but i have three questions (im a noob in script)
Tell me plz how to change icon of gold and item droped when monster die.
Where write this call to disable hud?

thnks

When I save with 2 more or more people in my party it crash I no scripter but I think you have to edit the script so it saves other party members differently cos there on the map now and also when I leave the map when enermies are near it crashs cos it doesnt dispose the Bars graphics

Eldnar

I won't make a _dead animation for the enemies, it already lags enough.
Oh boy... lets explain better... I say:
I kill the monster and he dye. When he dye he make a dying animation.
so they bodie stay on the ground[this is make lag].But to not make lag the bodie desapear!
now you Undarstand?
More one idea:
When the enemie die he drop the icon of the item!

Eldnar;211276 said:
Oh boy... lets explain better... I say:
I kill the monster and he dye. When he dye he make a dying animation.
so they bodie stay on the ground[this is make lag].But to not make lag the bodie desapear!
now you Undarstand?
More one idea:
When the enemie die he drop the icon of the item!

The bodies do disappear :-/. They should at least. Are you using animation on enemies as well? I might have to test that.

the second idea, You can manually edit that in the Script settings.

Eldnar

Yeah i using the animated player and enemy!
if you want test i give to you some sprites!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And i dont know much of scripts but i will try!

And how i change the possition of the hotkeys on map [not the hud]?
Because i try change here:
HOTKEYS_SHOW = true #Show hotkeys?
HOTKEYS_X = 170 #Hotkeys X Display
HOTKEYS_Y = 430 #Hotkeys Y Display
and dont happen nothing!

Can you help me out with the save problem it occurs whenever you save with 2 or more people on the field with you I hate to break the rules but I really like this system and my mates and me love playing games using it

I don't understand what you mean by "2 or more", do you mean party members?
What is the error?

Eldnar,
I'll check it out when I can.

the error occurs when you try to save with 2 or more party members It say something about marshal dump for class sprite you can check it out go to your demo talk to the guy who gives party members and save it'll happen on your demo too.
by the way The only reason I would bug the scripts creator to fix this so much is because the love the script Fantastic work XD

Shiro

Yes, the error appears if there is 2 or more people in your party and you try to save:

Script 'SDK Part III' line 1773: TypeError occurred.
no marshal_dump is defined for class Sprite

Code:
    Marshal.dump($game_actors, file)

Wow... I can surely say that I've been pretty inactive... but WOW!
Amazing, Mr Mo! Keep it up. ;)

Edit
Err... error! :P

I am frequently getting this error:

"Script 'Mr. Mo's SBABS Lite 1.0' line 906: ZeroDivisonError occurred.

divided by 0"

Code:
update_enemy_attack(enemy,enemy.attacking) if Graphics.frame_count % (enemy.aggressiveness * BASE_AGGRESSIVE) == 0

No certain actions... it just happens all the time... -_-

Shiro

Disable ABS
Code:
$ABS.active = false

Disable HUD
Code:
$scene.hud_hide

I don't know how you would disable the caterpillar though (except by manually removing the party members)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.