Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mr.Mo's Squad Based ABS (SBABS)

ok. that parts clear. but still, my enemys just won't use any ranged skills.
every skill works fine, but when I list it as a range skill (even copied your skill 81 from the demo in the database, the monster can use it, and also copied the lines in the script RANGE_SKILLS[81] = [15, 6, "Arrow", 3, 0] and I even copied and pasted an archer) it just walks towards the hero as it would attack, but it doesnt. normal skills and attacks work perfectly though, so I just don't know what the problem is.
another person actually has the same problem and there wasn't an answer so far (page 2).

great script =]
but, why the dmg dont decrease when i defend?
i didnt change nothing, just played, and when an arrow come, i press D, i see the def animation, but dmg dont decrease 50%, as script says

Is it possible for one enemy not to have a health bar? Probaly not, but I just want to see

And, is it possible for an anemy to move over a terrain tag, cause I have flying enemies like Bats in my game? Like, the same tag as arrows.

One other thing - when you teleport from one map to another, your allies appear in the same co-ordinates as they were on the previous map. Is there a way to have it so when you transfer, they are on the same co-ordinates as you, or something.

Eldnar;201684 said:
Yeah! this is possible but you need delete the script "Mr.Mo Enemy Bars"
BrunoTR;201590 said:
Also, is it possible for one enemy not to have a health bar? Probaly not, but I just want to see
I only ask because I want an explosive barrel in my game. If it's hit, then a nearby wall blows up.

Woah, It's awesome, and I really like the Item Drop thing, it's like in real MMORPG-s.

Only little problem with it is that it lags.

I found another glitch. This does not work with ccoa's UMS.

ie, when you get to the end of a message, and press ENTER, you re-do the action. For instance, if you were talking to someone, and the message got to the end, and you press enter, you talk to them again.

Also, text skipping does not work anymore, either.

@BrunoTR
That's not a bug in MrMo ABS it was an incompatibility of UMS with SDK, and Trickster posted a fix in the UMS thread somewhere.

please sumbody answer my question =/

why the dmg dont decrease when i defend?
i didnt change nothing, just played, and when an arrow come, i press D, i see the def animation, but dmg dont decrease 50%, as script says

Defending must be done at the time of an attack, it a timing issue, you are one either lagging, two slow at pressing buttons, or three have horrible luck... trust me it works, I was the one who suggested it and tested it for a few hours just to make sure. It works, just time your buttons accordingly.

@Axerax

i tried, sooo many times, it didnt work Oo
why these things only happen with me x.x

thanks for ur help, dont u know about the animation time?

Defending works. I've looked at the script and it does. Your timing must be wrong.

As for the animation time. I made it for frames at the speed of the player. The only way to increase(easily) is to change the speed of the player before and after the animation. I'll post more on it when I get time.

This script is really great. Lags on the computer I use for rpg xp (crappy 256mb ram) but I'm sure that's my computer not your script.
Just want to say thanks, the funny thing is I came to this site to post a request for a script almost exactly like this.
My one question, and this might be a whole seperate script, is there a way to randomize the items that drop from monsters (like MMORPGs) so that sometimes they will drop nothing, sometimes crap, sometimes ok stuff, and very seldomly uber items?
Thanks for a great script!

I got a little problem. I use the pixel movement script, and it wouldn't work with mr.mo's squad based abs. I tried to use the shadow script for more detailed lighting gfx, didn't work with this. I can't get my enemies to shoot arrows, but normal powers work fine. And the MAJOR problem, the one I would like fixed the most, is in the HUD. It doesn't show my gold count, what lvl I am, the time, minimap, or my heroes class. Other than these thing, the lagg was at an all time 0!!!!! I have NO lagg whatsoever, 512mbRam, 1.8ghz, nVidia GeForce 6100(even if other programs are running). I fixed it to where my enemies and the heroes are both animated. I thought the act of attacking friends and turning them to enemies was brilliant. So far the BEST ABS script I have seen.

Hey, how do I make it so that when a certain enemy dies and event happens? Like a boss you have to defeat to open a door etc.

Also, how can I make the party members move around and stuff during a cutscene?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.