Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mr.Mo's Squad Based ABS (SBABS)

Sparx-1: you can always do the old doorjam trick. This is where you place the enemy in between the left and right side of a door thus blocking it, then make the entity boss stationary(But can be animated)and use special skills that involve distant attacks. Even add a melle attack to the boss in case you get too close. Then when you defeat the boss, it disapears(thus making the doorway open) leading into a room with a switch to open a special door. Thus making the boss be the only thing between you and the switch that opens the special path(door). Prolly not the way you whant, but it works pretty well in some cases.

Are you using catipiller script for your party? This depends a lot on how your game is set up. If it is not catipiller, make an entity with the event command "Move Event" then select the event you would like to move toward the top of that screen, the way you would like the actor to move, the a switch afterwards to turn this off and exit out of the cut scene thus bringing you back to your story. Simple stuff(I know sounds sloppy but im tired and dont feel like getting in depth). However, if it is catipiller script, I don't know because I try not to use it as of yet.

Okay, I looked in the script instructions and figured out how to make an event after a boss is defeated. And no, I am not using a catterpillar script, I am using the SBABS system that this thread is about. Thanks anyway, though ^^

I got a little problem. I use the pixel movement script, and it wouldn't work with mr.mo's squad based abs. I tried to use the shadow script for more detailed lighting gfx, didn't work with this. I can't get my enemies to shoot arrows, but normal powers work fine. And the MAJOR problem, the one I would like fixed the most, is in the HUD. It doesn't show my gold count, what lvl I am, the time, or my heroes name, I DID GET THE MINIMAP TO WORK!!!. Other than these thing, the lagg was at an all time 0!!!!! I have NO lagg whatsoever, 512mbRam, 1.8ghz, nVidia GeForce 6100(even if other programs are running). I fixed it to where my enemies and the heroes are both animated. I thought the act of attacking friends and turning them to enemies was brilliant. So far this is the BEST ABS script I have seen.

How can I say a monster fires arrows? Do I have to say something else in a comment? Plz help me. Ty

And i to bad the minimap shows grass also as unwalkable.

At the moment I'm having problems with using this with the MODE7 script, as whenever you kill an enemy, their sprite doesn't disappear and you can't see the pickups.

Okay, this is gonna be like such a stupid question but, uh... How do I put away that screen in the beginning? And automaticly when it starts, it seems the game clicks on new game itself! How can I stop that? Thanks already! And by the way, this is like SO amazingly cute! Its like so amazing! I was like, OMG! This is what I need!! xD

Itachi

is it possible to make troops?

and a second question.

how can i set that for example "mass ice" hit 4 enemy?s. because it it all enemys on the map and that is to much, becaus you kill 20 enemy?s on the map with one spell.

and what mean?s in the demo personality 1,2,4?

i hope you understand me

Shiro

@Itachi: You need to read the help file that comes with the demo.

Code:
Personality 

1 - Melee  - Can use melee attacks.

2 - Ranged - Tries to stay far.

3 - Run    - Runs when dying.

4 - Don't Move - Doesn't move. Good for turrets, cannons.

5 - Don't Turn - Doesn't turn. Good for stationary atillery.

Sparx-1;202942 said:
Hey, how do I make it so that when a certain enemy dies and event happens? Like a boss you have to defeat to open a door etc.

Also, how can I make the party members move around and stuff during a cutscene?

You could try reading the help script.... It tells you hwo to have a switch, variable or self switch change when you defeat an enemy. Not hard, really...

BrunoTR;204494 said:
You could try reading the help script.... It tells you hwo to have a switch, variable or self switch change when you defeat an enemy. Not hard, really...

Actually, I did later (As you can see on a later post) but thanks for the tip. Now all I need is to find out how to move my party members around...

Anyone...? Eh? Eh? :-/

Well, nice script! But I have a problem... when I make a party member leave, it dissapears from the menu but stays in the map (and attacks enemys, heals me, appears in every map, etc.)
Thanks in advance.

hello,

i found an error in the enemy hp bar script, when i hit an enemy move to another map and come back to the same map it gives an error (see attachment)

~hellbas

Ok...since nobody helped me with my FONT issues where my gold count, time count, hero lvl and name, [buy, sell, and exit(In shops)] didn't show up....I have found the issue. THIS IS FOR THOSE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM> I figure I might as well help some1. All you gotta do is goto the script editor and select Main. Find the script line that states $defaultfonttype = "Tahoma" AND $defaultfontsize = 22 Now ALL U GOTTA DO IS change $defaultfonttype = "Tahoma" to Font.default_name = $fontface = $defaultfonttype = "Tahoma" AND change $defaultfontsize = 22 to Font.default_size = $fontsize = $defaultfontsize = 22 ....then VUALLA...FONT is FIXED! No credit needed.

everytime i download this i get to like 800 KBs and it stops and when i extract it says unexpected end of file/file is corrupt? i tried redownloading 3 times with no fixes so what do i do?

Found 2 errors with the animated sprites.

1.After battling an enemy, I pressed "D"(defend) and the _defend sprite changed into the _hit sprite. This lasted for only about 10-15 seconds before returning to normal.

2.(Only if you have more than 1 party member)When transporting to a map made with custom chipsets instead of premades that come with the rpgmaker, your partner ends up at the top-left hand corner at the map instead of by your side. It was funny when I walked out of a cave to a mountain side only to see my teammate floating off the mountain way away from me to the top-left hand side of the map.

Itachi

@ Hellbas: i have this error too. can someone fix it?^^

and when you kill an enemy and he droop gold and go on the other map, you can see the gld on this map too.

is it possible to say when my party member should heal me? caus the heal me i have very low hp.

Hey mr. mo, I love your script, I tottaly forgot if I already posted something... =P anyway, I was here to ask 4 questions,

1. Is it possible to put the mini-map away? Or how do you install it? Couse its just blanco...

2. When a team-member dies, can you just make her dissapear instead of showing a down character?

3. How can you let an enemy use an skill that damages all the party members? Couse when I install the skill in the enemy tab, he never uses the skill... =S

4. Oh yeah! When attacking an enemy, First the damage comes, and then the animation, can you switch that? Couse it looks really silly when the last party member dies without seeing anything happen... =P

Thanks Very much! :D

Greetings Daisy

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.