Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mr.Mo's Squad Based ABS (SBABS)

Darkus;215283 said:
I set the
$antilag.max_cpu_utilization to 50 then 30. (Default was 70.)
I set
$antilag.high_priority to false.

But I still get the 'disposed sprite' error.
i'm not able to connect maps with this problem.
Did I set the wrong options? or is there another problem?

Did you change the scripts?

Another problem.
I set up a teleporting enemy, using a series of variables to randomly decide it's placement from the player. The enemy also shoots a ranged spell.
But if the enemy shoots a spell, then randomly shifts to the other side of the spell...
He gets hit by his own spell and starts beating himself up...
There a way to disable that, without having to disable the ability for monsters to beat each other up?
Is there something in the script I can call to disable that?
Or would I have to change something in the script itself?

lol

Another thing...would it be possible to script the 'Deal Damage' event command to show damage like being hit?

$game_party.actors[0].damage = NUMBER

Yeah, I changed the scripts. Didn't stop the problem, just made me alot laggier.
Did I change the wrong things?

and yeah...it's funny that an enemy will beat the crap out of itself. But it's not funny that it'll completely screw up certain encounters that are supposed to be deadly.

Anyways, thanks for the help and the great script. I editted my earlier post a moment before you replied with another problem.
A new error has occured.

Editted again less then a minute after this post:
Apparently you can Dash while inflicted with Sleep....
...doesn't seem right, you know?

More edits!
This time it's a huge problem...When you try to remove party members. They disappear from the menu. But their character does NOT disappear from the level. It still follows you from level to level and occasionally causes disposed sprite errors.

Hello. Firstly: Great script.
But I have a problem, is it possible to disable the following of party members?
Not the whole script. I only search a command to disable the following temporary,
so you don't see them anymore, and they don't attack.

I'm not sure if this is caused byyour script, but my large events keep sticking to the side of the screen. So, for example, if I had the carriage event on my map, and I walked around, the event would stay at the side of the the screen when I walk away.

Is there a way to fix this if this is your scripting?

How can I manually change the ANIMATION_DIVIDE using events? Since I have skills that is full screen (ANIMATION_DIVIDE = 2 makes them only shown in the middle) and I need all the other animation smaller.

How about a hash for ANIMATION_DIVIDE = 1 and ANIMATION_DIVIDE = 2. Or make animation marked as 'screen' not affected by animation divide.

No? T-T

AN EASY FIX TO THE DISPOSED SPRITE ERROR:
The disposed sprite error occurs when you attempt to 'Transfer Player' while an enemy is currently hostile towards you.
The fix is rather simple, in the event in which you're attempting to transfer the player.
Simply make it:

Script: $ABS.active = false
Wait 10
Transfer Player: Somewhere...
Script: $ABS.active = true

The wait will provide enough time for the sprite to become 'disabled' when you toggle off the ABS.
The wait must be at least 7 or higher. It seems the lower the wait, the more chance that it will crash. With a wait of 10, I was unable to make this problem occur.

There is a bug with your SABS, well for me there is. When I teleport my character to another map, my allies spawn at random places in the map (well not so random becasue it's always the same spot) but it's anoying since I can't make them move from there. I would like it if you could check that out to make sure it's not only me, and if it is only me then tell me and i will try and see what the problem is. thank you

BrunoTR;215428 said:
I'm not sure if this is caused byyour script, but my large events keep sticking to the side of the screen. So, for example, if I had the carriage event on my map, and I walked around, the event would stay at the side of the the screen when I walk away.

Is there a way to fix this if this is your scripting?

That is the anti-lag. Post at the anti-lag thread.

Hello. Firstly: Great script.
But I have a problem, is it possible to disable the following of party members?
Not the whole script. I only search a command to disable the following temporary,
so you don't see them anymore, and they don't attack.

Remove party members. If it causes an error, I will get to it when I feel like it ;)

To the others: no, ok,temporary and ok.

Mo, read my post earlier concerning the party members.

Party members cannot be removed effectively, the 'event' called to simulate them in the game does NOT disappear when you remove them.
And even changing levels doesn't help, they still follow you.
I attempted to make a simple work-around to this.
(Deal Damage 9999 on that actor just before removing him, so his 'animation' will disappear.)
While it looks like it works, the invisible event is still following you from level to level. Causing unnecessary lag.

Also...Paralyze now has an odd error.
When you become paralyzed, this error appears and abruptly crashes.

Script 'Mr. Mo's SBABS Lite 1.0' Line 793: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method ` old_speed=' for # <Game_Player:0x3ede208>

Darkus;215856 said:
Mo, read my post earlier concerning the party members.

Party members cannot be removed effectively, the 'event' called to simulate them in the game does NOT disappear when you remove them.
And even changing levels doesn't help, they still follow you.
I attempted to make a simple work-around to this.
(Deal Damage 9999 on that actor just before removing him, so his 'animation' will disappear.)
While it looks like it works, the invisible event is still following you from level to level. Causing unnecessary lag.

Also...Paralyze now has an odd error.
When you become paralyzed, this error appears and abruptly crashes.

Script 'Mr. Mo's SBABS Lite 1.0' Line 793: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method ` old_speed=' for # <Game_Player:0x3ede208>

this:
To the others: no, ok,temporary and ok.

I'm a busy person, can't deal with everything.

Mr.Mo;215907 said:
I'm a busy person, can't deal with everything.

Sorry, i'm not telling you to do all this. I don't want to sound like i'm demanding these things fixed.
I'm progressing on my game, and either suggesting things that would be helpful or should be fixed.
I'm just saying these things for you to have in mind when/if you do feel like updating your script in the future.

That being said...is there a way to limit the range of Melee skills?
(Skills like Cross Cut.)
Being able to cast those over such a long distance, and from anywhere on the map seems...unbalanced.

Great script. From testing around I noticed that if you make an enemy that uses the tilesets (say a wall or tree that you want to blow up or hack away) the attacks do not recognize the event as an enemy and pass right through it. Not sure if this is a result of faulty programming on my end or perhaps a flaw in a script itself. I figured you may want attention to be brought to it. Thanks!

Yeah, I had that problem as well, Shanexgt. The script is made to work only with characters in that aspect, so it doesn't recognize tilesets as a possible enemy.
Whether or not they are set to an ABS-event.

I've got a question for anyone who might know or be able to fix this:
Is it possible to disable enemies from hitting each other?
I'm noticing lately, in my last few levels that use slightly more complex event calls to make better enemies, that they tend to hit each other quite a bit and turn against each other.
In some situations in my game, that not only makes things to easy, but it also kills the idea for the map.

The ability for enemies to hit each other isn't worth the trouble it causes in other levels.

Hello! I don't mean to pester at all, but there was a certain problem posted a while back about getting errors when you try to save or load with two or more members in your party.

I checked the 5.2 demo and the errors still popped up. I just wanted to know if this was being fixed, or if it has been fixed and I missed it. Thanks in advance for any help, and take your time. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/la2citrus/Error1.png[/IMG]
On saving with 2 or more party members.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/ ... Error2.png[/IMG]
On loading that file.

Hope that helps.

I've been doing some experiments with skills and common events through your SBABS and got stuck in a stand point.

Whenever I use skills that opens a common event with a player....it works just fine.

However, whenever an enemy uses a skill that opens a common event...the common event doesn't start O_o

I'm lookin' to see if anyone got a response to this ':|

It seems the part of the script that allows enemies to use skills only uses certain parts of the skill.
It'll read the stats and modifiers. But it won't read the common event setting.
I'm not sure if it uses SP either.

Error! -_-
I'll post it... wait.

"Script 'Mr. Mo's SBABS Lite 1.0' line 615: TypeError occurred.

cannot convert nil to String."

This happens when I enter a map with enemies.

Code:
      @enemies[event.id].personality = eval(per[1])

Edit
With the multi-drop add-on, it's line 629.

Eldnar

Please mr.mo make the enemies can drop more than one item!!!!please!
I need ssssooooo this.

And in my game i use your SABS and somentimes [rarity] have lags.....
Please!
I know that should be annoying! but please

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.