Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mr.Mo's Squad Based ABS (SBABS)

Ok ok... maybe it's just my computer, but whenever I try and download one of these demos, it fails on me. I get this message every single time.

http://i14.tinypic.com/4qhrm2u.png[/IMG]

Now I don't know what it is... but I really need this script. :s Can someone please PM me the script and graphics, or put a demo that will download up. Thank you. (And I've requested it in Script Requests... nobody helped :()

The SBABS is very gret!
But I have a request, it's posibly that you're including the Destruction Engine?
I have try to inclued it with Events, but it's very difficult... .
~Ragni
PS: Sorry for my ENglish, but it's 6monts ago I have started to learn ot :X

::Update::

- Fixed "Enemy kill each other"
- Fixed "Dispose Error"
- Fixed "Enemy Can't activate Common Events"
- Fixed other reported bugs.

@Darkus;

Item hotkeys work... You are not using the right keys. Look at which keys are hotkeys and change them around. You can change them!

Also, I can't duplicate the walk animation freeze.. How did you manage to get that?

Anyways,

I was just playing the demo, I actually had some fun(even though it just trying to take a fort over). Someone needs to make a good game with this script!

Mimi Chan;215532 said:
How can I manually change the ANIMATION_DIVIDE using events? Since I have skills that is full screen (ANIMATION_DIVIDE = 2 makes them only shown in the middle) and I need all the other animation smaller.

How about a hash for ANIMATION_DIVIDE = 1 and ANIMATION_DIVIDE = 2. Or make animation marked as 'screen' not affected by animation divide.

No? T-T

$ABS.ANIMATION_DIVIDE = NUMBER
;)

If I were to able to pull of my game, I'll make you proud nyahaha.

$ABS.ANIMATION_DIVIDE is still giving me a problem since it changes the size of all the animations, on my part though I only want a few skills animation retaining their original size (100%) while the rest is halved (50%) I think a few line that check if the animation has the position: 'screen' if yes, It wont resize it but the rest (top, middle, bottom) will be halved.

How about when the ABS is turned off the other character will go to the main hero and disappear (so you only have your main hero on the map) or make them follow you in a caterpillar fashion (so your other character won't get lost in the map when the ABS is turned off.

Another concern is, (quoted from arevulopapo) When you're using characters that require some space in the bottom (i.e. for steps animation). In that situation the graphic is ussually moved up, and it may cause some weird situations when calculatin passability or coordinates. This happens to me (see attached files)

Though I think this scripts fixes it, I dont think it works with the ABS at the moment

Here's the link: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9708

Thank you for the very cool scripts. (and no...dont quit RMXP!)

Thanks for fixing those errors, Mr.Mo. ^_^
Unfortunately, I've got a new bug report for you. @_@

Saving and loading works perfectly now, I can add party members and save or load, but if I remove those party members, and then try to save or load, these same errors resurface:
Akaire said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/la2citrus/Error1.png[/IMG]
On saving.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/ ... Error2.png[/IMG]
On loading that file.

Mimi Chan;227054 said:
If I were to able to pull of my game, I'll make you proud nyahaha.

$ABS.ANIMATION_DIVIDE is still giving me a problem since it changes the size of all the animations, on my part though I only want a few skills animation retaining their original size (100%) while the rest is halved (50%) I think a few line that check if the animation has the position: 'screen' if yes, It wont resize it but the rest (top, middle, bottom) will be halved.

haha, what was i thinking.. Find this in the script(CTRL+F), around line 2965:
Code:
    for an in $data_animations
      next if an == nil
      frames = an.frames
      for i in 0...frames.size
        for j in 0...frames[i].cell_max
          frames[i].cell_data[j, 1] /= $ABS.ANIMATION_DIVIDE
          frames[i].cell_data[j, 2] /= $ABS.ANIMATION_DIVIDE
          frames[i].cell_data[j, 3] /= $ABS.ANIMATION_DIVIDE
        end
      end
    end

and replace it with:

Code:
    for an in $data_animations
      next if an == nil or an.position == 3 
      frames = an.frames
      for i in 0...frames.size
        for j in 0...frames[i].cell_max
          frames[i].cell_data[j, 1] /= $ABS.ANIMATION_DIVIDE
          frames[i].cell_data[j, 2] /= $ABS.ANIMATION_DIVIDE
          frames[i].cell_data[j, 3] /= $ABS.ANIMATION_DIVIDE
        end
      end
    end

A new update will be ready soon.

Edit:
::Update::

Uploaded fixed version and updated FAQ

Great! That was a very quick update, too.
The SBABS is awesome by the way; it's too fun to use. Now I'm really going to get working on my game, haha. :)

Mr.Mo, i'm sorry that this may cause some trouble, can you please post the scripts down on the right order? Soz, but when i open your project, it opens, but them it closes without me doing anything. I don't know what problem it is, so please post the scripts.

Hey,

This script is working well, but I have a slight question...

When ever an enemy drops gold or an item and you pick it up, on the side of the screen it says "Found (number) Gold" or "Found ____ item", right?

Well, in very dark places it's hard to see the text, because it is black. Is there a way to change the color of that text ingame (or at all?)

I've already looked through the scripts, but I can't find anything.

By the way, I'm actually using the ABS but I don't think it should matter.

Thanks if you could help.

~RPG Gamer

Find this:

@display_sprite.bitmap.font.color = Color.new(0,0,0,255)

There should be 2 of them and play with the numbers. Red, Green, and Blue.

yay! thanks for the fix on the animation thingy. Any chance that you will pix the character's graphics moving up because of the space on their feet thingy?

Thanks, that worked.

I have another request/question. Trickster's Bestiary. When ever I defeat an ABS enemy I expected it to show up in the Bestiary (by Call Script), but it doesn't. Can you please make it so it does?

If you can't do this for a reason or another (busy), I really don't need this right now.

The script can be found here: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17461

How come when you fight an enemy they run away from you and get stuck on the edge.

Is there anyway to stop that from happening?

serpent;229056 said:
How come when you fight an enemy they run away from you and get stuck on the edge.

Is there anyway to stop that from happening?

Look at the Personality list ;)

when i teleport, my allies go somewhere else... they go to the same map, but they aren't near the main character... but besides that, i love the script...

What other scripts do you have? This works fine for me and should work fine for me.

Also, are you teleporting to different maps or the same map?

I am teleporting to different maps. it work fine if i remove my allies from party and then replace them. But, i have another problem... I am using the chrono trigger cms, and i can't set hotkeys. Can this be fixed. If so, can you help me...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.