Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mr.Mo's Squad Based ABS (SBABS)

@brandonrichard, I don't know, I never looked at the Menu, better ask the maker of the Menu.

@Gunjah, that error could be anything so I have no idea. Does the demo work fine? If yes, what did you edit?

Yes, it perfectly works fine. I just changed the hero's sprite in the database. I'm currently using the rmxp 1.1 version, I cant update it yet to 1.02a due to some internet problem, it's about the ntiles.

Iam trying to make it so that the HUd doesnt apear on a certian map..How do you Disactivate the Hud apear key?

Also Whenever you go to the menu the hud comes back agian.

pirate;232097 said:
I dont know if this has been asked but is there a way to deactivate the heal all key?

I dunno. Did you read the instructions!

Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Make the following nil if you don't want to use any. For example, if I don't
# want to use the HEAL_ALLY_KEY;
# HEAL_ALLY_KEY = nil

I actually forgot the example I gave was the HEAL_ALL_KEY.. This makes it even funnier :p

Mr. Mo, could you by any chance create for me a separate piece of your script? The damage/healing, critical and miss messages that display. I've tried to find a way to just cut that piece of the script out and use it for a different purpose (evented cbs) but you've integrated it so well into the script that I can't isolate it. It's like a malignant cancer.

You're obviously very skilled and so I'm asking you to please work your magic. I need a short script to call whenever damage or healing is delt on a hero or enemy. Something along the lines of...

Code:
class scene_messages

def initialize
   font color = white
   text = arial black
   size = 14
   if "variable[miss?] != 1
      draw.text = "\v[damage]"
         if "variable[damage]" < 0
         font color = green
   else
      draw.text = "MISS!"
   if "variable[critical?] = 1
      "variable[damage]" *= 1.5
      draw.text = "CRITICAL!"
   end
end

You need my Sprite_Character and edit it so it works independent from my script.
After that any damage should be displayed automatically.

oh right.. you don't know how to script..

put this above main.

Code:
#==============================================================================
# ** Sprite_Character
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This sprite is used to display the character.It observes the Game_Character
#  class and automatically changes sprite conditions.
#==============================================================================
class Sprite_Character < RPG::Sprite
  #
  alias mrmo_abs_sc_update update
  # * Update
  def update
    if @_damage_duration <= 0 and @_damage_sprite != nil and !@_damage_sprite.disposed?
      dispose_damage
    end
    mrmo_abs_sc_update
    #Skip if no demage or dead;
    if @character.is_a?(Game_Player)
      a = $game_party.actors[0]
      #Display damage
      damage(a.damage, a.critical) if !a.dead? and a.damage != nil
      #Make Damage nil
      a.damage = nil
    end
  end
end

sorry if this has already been answered, but there are over 20 pages i dont really have the time to look through. anyways, is it possible to make it so that events attack events? im asking this because im wanting to make a cutscene in which the "heroes" (which are events, instead of the person who is playing because its a cutscene) are attacking the "enemies" (which are also events). if this is possible already, then how would i do that? if not, then is it possible you could add it in as a feature? this would have other purposes than just cutscenes; you could have different clans fight each other or have guards fight monsters that come close to village gates, and i know there are other uses for something like this. I do not want to have to use another ABS script for this, because this one is so awesome.

Thanks for reading the big post :P

Shiro

swiftdeathsk;233107 said:
sorry if this has already been answered, but there are over 20 pages i dont really have the time to look through. anyways, is it possible to make it so that events attack events? im asking this because im wanting to make a cutscene in which the "heroes" (which are events, instead of the person who is playing because its a cutscene) are attacking the "enemies" (which are also events). if this is possible already, then how would i do that? if not, then is it possible you could add it in as a feature? this would have other purposes than just cutscenes; you could have different clans fight each other or have guards fight monsters that come close to village gates, and i know there are other uses for something like this. I do not want to have to use another ABS script for this, because this one is so awesome.

Thanks for reading the big post :P

Mr. Mo has a EvE ABS that you can use for that. No SBABS though since that would lag too much.

Shiro;233119 said:
Mr. Mo has a EvE ABS that you can use for that. No SBABS though since that would lag too much.

well ive already setup the script and implemented it into my game, so im not going to change everything just so i can have this one cutscene...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.