Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mr.Mo's Squad Based ABS (SBABS)

i?ve got a bug, when i change the leader of the party, the SDK crashes...

It displys this error:
"no marshal_dump is defined for Class Sprite"

When this error ocours, i change the leader with events, with this commands:
<>Add new member
<>Call Scipt: $game_party.move_forward
<>Remove old member

With this commands i exchange the leader of the party...

I Think the error is in this part, there?s another way to do this without getting an error???

=/

NBEOTM

I have a small problem. "$scene.hud_hide" does not work for turning off the hud. Instead it pops up this error: ' Nomethoderror occured while running script. Undefined method 'hud_hide' for # <Scene_title.....> Please help me solve this problem.

Taylor

Sponsor

EDIT IV: I've discovered that when you Load Game your allies stats do not update in the menu, they are basically not there unless they were part of the initial party (if you went 'New Game') or they were added during the current play (since loading the file). When you remove a party member by a event, it is removed, but the ally instance isn't, creating a clone that can't be interacted with.
(Note, it may also be affected by when I was testing re-adding actors I was 'initializing'.)
Removing it again removes the ally instance.
This seems to only happen once, after the starting of a new game or load. After one set of double removal the ally vanishes fine.

Next- to fix the bug where allies do not follow, search for mrmo_sbabs_scene_map_transfer_player in the main script, and move it to the start of 'transfer_player' (not the bottom, as it were).

Now questions-
How do I stop the control shifting to another party member when one dies? I have a common event Game Over which acts odd if the view changes to a human ally that turns into a dead demihuman. (Actually that's not acting odd, it just looks odd.)
And how can I make allies move closer to enemies? My allies walk up to an ally, trying to punch it but aren't close enough. (The punching is a ranged skill.)
Lastly, how can I replace using melee attacking if low MP to staying a distance from enemies?

This script is awesome, there are just a few things that could do with having an "off" function so I don't have to comment them out. (Melee attack, switching party members and healing party members via buttons.)
Oh and the fixing of these bugs. ^^

When I use the script call '$scene.hud_hide' it doesn't turn off the Hud and I get

NoMethodError occured while running the script.
undefined method 'hud_hide' for # <Scene_Title:0x130f788>

so then I looked throught the script and it said '@mrmo_hud.visible = false' defined the Hud as off.

So I tried a '@mrmo_hud.visible = false' script call. It just gives me the error

NoMethodError occured while running the script.
undefined method 'visible=' for nil:NilClass

Is there a way to fix this. I need this for cutscenes in my game.

When I go to a new map, the rest of my party ends up in some godforsaken area on the map. How do I get them to always appear right behind me when I go to a new map?

Taylor

Sponsor

TheAmateurAnimator;274865 said:
When I go to a new map, the rest of my party ends up in some godforsaken area on the map. How do I get them to always appear right behind me when I go to a new map?

Next- to fix the bug where allies do not follow, search for mrmo_sbabs_scene_map_transfer_player in the main script, and move it to the start of 'transfer_player' (not the bottom, as it were).

If you wonder where they end up, it's 0, 0. Yes, the top left corner. x.x

*pokes Mr.Mo* Bugfix my bugs dangit. D:

I read from the previous post that to make you skill hit an area like, say, 4 enemies in an area you have to make the skill an explosion and I have no idea about how to make an explosion skill as it is not an option in the skill database.

I need help on these.

I got rpg maker xp like 4 weeks ago. I've only found out how to put in basic scripts. This ABS looks sweet, but how do you put it in the game?? Can any1 tell me what to do?

Ryantherpgmaster;286171 said:
I got rpg maker xp like 4 weeks ago. I've only found out how to put in basic scripts. This ABS looks sweet, but how do you put it in the game?? Can any1 tell me what to do?
umm... pretty easy. download the demo then copy/paste.':|

@ Malick: Just put a number sign # in the part where it has that. That should fix that.

@Jib: Just go into the script and set it to where game over= true or false, depending on what you want. Mr.Mo is gone for a while and have no idea when he'll return and be able to fix the bugs. :/ sorry people you're kinda sol at the moment. Hah.

Having a problem... installed all the scripts exactly as I was told. Now when I start my game as a test, New or Load, I receive this message:

Script 'Mr.Mo's HUD' line 137: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant Window_MrMo_HUD::HP_Bar

How can I fix this?

EDIT: Fixed it, nevermind. :) BUT what I DO need help on - is how would I be able to fix the script so I start WITHOUT a HUD? I have a cutscene immediately from the get-go, and I want it to fade in without the HUD on, but pull it up later in the game.

Also, I am having a problem using the battle system - for some reason, I am unable to attack and the enemies I set up don't attack me. I have followed all the instructions included with the demo, and I have the enemies set up exactly like the demo... so why won't it work?

I also would like to know how to turn off the two bottom parts of Mr. Mo's HUD. I have the minimap turned off, but I also want the time display turned off as well as the gold count/dash/sneak on the bottom left.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

EDIT:

Found another problem - as I have said, I have completely copied the exact scripting from the SBABS system, yet whenever I attack and kill something, my character is duplicated and follows behind me. I have no idea how this error occurred, or how to fix it... but it would be highly appreciated.

@froznalyve:
Go into the script editor. Find the one labeled "Mr.Mo's HUD" Go down to about line 34 and turn off everything you don't want to show up. That should solve that. But for your first problem I'm looking hard into it. I think if you use call script and put "$scene.hud_hide" that'll hid it. And to enable it once more just use "$scene.hud_show". I'm more than certain that'll work. But yeah you need to have it FIRST in your event editor.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.