Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mr.Mo's Squad Based ABS (SBABS)

Well see that's what I have done - the first thing in my event that I have which starts up immediately after New Game, is the call script to turn off the HUD and when you start up, it will display it for a split second before disappearing.

And for some reason, when I save my game at my save point, it will display the HUD right after, and sometimes gives me an error.

And thanks for helping me - I fixed the error that I received (in my first post) so right now the only thing I am having trouble with is the duplication problem - how it duplicates my hero once I kill an enemy... and I have received several errors as well during battle, saying that several animations are missing for _hit, _melee, etc. Does this have anything to do with why I am being duplicated?

I will post below some screens of what's happening, to make it easier..

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6724/scrnshotit9.jpg

^^^ What I have circled in red is what I would like to have removed, and I haven't been able to find it under the Mr. Mo's HUD Script to remove it.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5577/scrnshot2cp8.jpg

^^^ This is one of the errors I receive...

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5555/scrnshot3xe8.jpg

^^^ This randomly happens. I will walk up to attack the enemy and a duplicate copy of me appears and the enemy is killed. Then the duplicate follows me around.

Straaaange.

I keep getting this screen:http://i21.tinypic.com/fteyw3.jpg[/IMG]

And if you want to know what I have already is:
A single monster with all the comments set like you said (I always put one to test the scripts) and four characters (Aluxes, Basil, Gloria and Hilda) without doing anything on the characters btw. And if you want to know what does it say in line 598, it says id = parameters[0].split
Can you help me with that? Thank you!

@Smelly: Yes you can. Not much you really need to do except come up with a design, position it where you want it. And yeah thats pretty much it.

@Sea: Yes you arrange how many tiles it fires the speed of the bullets. And like Wyatt said just edit it in the database. The others are done from script.

I got an error. When I saved with another party member leading I got this:

Script 'o SDK Part III' line 1773: TypeError occured.

no marshal_dump is defined for class Sprite.

Taylor

Sponsor

I think I outlined that in my post on the last page, before this one. I couldn't really fix it myself though...

Where IS Mr.Mo? D:

Well I don't know where you guys are getting errors from. The only error I've gotten is when you hit F12 in the demo. It messes things up completely. So try copying the script and reposting it in your project.

Larynni;300949":3kfjsb6q said:
Did you even see my post? =X
I did but I don't actually understand Ruby. Hahahaha I'm pretty much going off of blind instinct and poking around in the script. I believe I had the same error and I commented "#" it out and things work just fine for me. Try that and hopefully it helps. Other than that I'm not Mo. So I have no idea what I'm really doing here. Hahahaha. ':|

Rare

Does anyone know why I can't attack anything and nothing can attack me? D=

I've spent 2 hours trying to figure this out...and I still can't get it. It's probably obvious but... D=

EDIT:
It's the damn SDK. The only version that works with this system is 2.0.

Great, now I can't use 2.3 AND half my newer scripts. TT'

Raizen

Elias;302087 said:
Does anyone know why I can't attack anything and nothing can attack me? D=

I've spent 2 hours trying to figure this out...and I still can't get it. It's probably obvious but... D=

EDIT:
It's the damn SDK. The only version that works with this system is 2.0.

Great, now I can't use 2.3 AND half my newer scripts. TT'

This might work http://www.rmxpu.net/owai/editor.html

just go to SDK 2.3 and copy parts 1-4

Orges

Hey,
I have this script but i want to see them use the weapons so can anybody tell me wat i need to name them and how is set like

Rare

See them use the weapons? You mean like on the map?

You would need to edit the sprites in a paint program such as Photoshop or GIMP.

Incredibly hard. Maybe it could work if this wasn't using the SDK but since its not it is. But yeah if someone could get this working it'd make life alot easier. To bad Mo just up and disappeared on us. :/ but I have a quick question. Does anybody know how to speed up the movement of the frames for like attack animations? It goes incredibly slow and thats the only real thing keeping me from using this. So any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.