Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equipment Script

I have a question, if I wanted to give an actor two weapon slots, one which could only be used for swords and the other that could only be used for daggers, could I do that with this script?

Silly question, but for an example, I'd like to set multiple kinds of armors / accessories: cape, body armor, helm, shoes, gauntlets.
helm I know the standard system differs this, but in case, how can I disallow the player to using like, 4 body armors instead of the other pieces?

To iceplosion:
Before you ask... you can't actually assign one weapon slot to hold large weapons like claymores and long swords and the second weapon slot to use smaller ones like daggers and knives. It won't know one weapon slot from another.

BUT... it will allow you to flag/tag a weapon in your database with the 'Needs_Offhand' flag. What does this do? It permits you to use a 'Need Offhand' weapon in one hand, and another weapon that isn't flagged in the other.

An off-hand weapon is either a weapon that doesn't have a 'needs offhand' flag or 'two-handed' flag or so on. So tagging a large weapon like a sword with 'needs_offhand' and leaving knives untagged... there you go. :yes:

To foxbuster:
You tried the demo? Its got examples for things like assigning two HELMETS to a guy, making a guy use two or FOUR weapons and so on. You could assign nearly any combination of slots, be they regular or custom slots.

Just rip the demo apart and go nuts.

One question: how can I change the slots names? Foer example, I want the "helmet" to be called "engine". I tried to do this in line 85 but it doesn;t work

In the demo, look at the 'Gloria' event on the right. She can show you how to change the names of your slots.

To make battle armor, she uses...
Code:
$game_actors[7].armor_slot_names = ["Shield", "Battle helmet", "Armor", "Relic"]

And to make... um... pretty armor, she uses...
Code:
$game_actors[7].armor_slot_names = ["Scarf", "Headband", "Robe", "Pendant"]

Note that this changes just the armor for battler #7 (Gloria)

WiZ`

mmm... maybe you could think that this is a stupid question... but...
is possible to put for the equip, 1 weapon and 2 accessory? i don't need all the other things, is it possible? only 1 weapon and 2 accessory

Actually, no.  It isn't a stupid question.  :)  Surprise.

The system can be set up to allow for 1 weapon and two accessories.  You just have to define in the config section that you're using only those...

Code:
 #=====Set character slots properties ==========================================
 WEAPON_KINDS = [0] #number of weapons,  0 = weapon
 WEAPON_KIND_NAMES = ['Weapon'] #custom name of extra weapon slots, 
 WEAPON_KIND_POWERS = [100] # 100 = normal power, 90 = 90% power, etc
 #leave empty or put nil inside if you want default name
 ARMOR_KINDS = [4,4]
# 1 = shield
# 2 = helmet
# 3 = armor
# 4 = acc
# 5 = and more : extra slot
 EXTRA_SLOT_NAMES = []
This adds only 1 weapon (where the demo n script shows 2 weapons, and adds 2 accessories (that's the double '4's), and no extra slots.

I had a question about making two scripts compatable.  They are the scripts by Charlie Lee. 

First question - What would I do to check for custom equipments.  Uh,  let me explain.  My game has you learning skills by the equiping of blood gems(along with lvl).  I have these set up as a new equipment item in your script.  My equipment screen is two accessories and 3 blood gems.  The script has a accs learning section but even though the blood gems are set up as accs it doesn't recognize them...  Or the accs for that matter.  Any insight on how i can fix this?

2nd - The other is Charlie Lee's weapon enhancement.  I get an error when equiping any enhancement set-up weapons.  Which sucks because all I have is 1 weapon per character.  If you have any advice on why the two scripts don't work together and any suggestions on fixing the problem I would be grateful.

I'm not asking you to do any scripting or anything, just for some sugestions on how I could get them to work together.

The other scripts -

Skill System: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=30778.0

Weapon Enhancement: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=33324.0

I'm sorry to bother you but i'm not exactly clear on how to add more armor slots, because I need 12 armor slots, could you explain to me how to do this please?

Edit: I didn't have part 2 or 3 of the script I will look the instructions over and if I am able to do this I will make another edit telling you.

Edit: After I added the two new parts and starting doing like the instructions told me it caused an error with part 3 so I deleted parts 2 and 3 and it caused an error in Game_Actor...

Edit: Error Fixed. But I need it so I can have 12 equipment slots, could you edit the code for me, because I am lost...?

To The Urchin:
Not here that much anymore.  Rather busy to make patches for other scripts, though I already have a request by Charlie.Lee for something already (I may get to that one in a month???)

To diablosbud
Rather easy...

Let's assume the first 4 default armor slots are the same... Shield, armor, helm, accessory.  That would leave 8 more.  Given that (below) you can see that the default armor slots (in ARMOR_KINDS) are from 1-4, then the remaining 'new' slots would be 5-12.

Code:
#leave empty or put nil inside if you want default name
 ARMOR_KINDS = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]
# 1 = shield
# 2 = helmet
# 3 = armor
# 4 = acc
# 5 = and more : extra slot
 EXTRA_SLOT_NAMES = ["Left Bracer", "Right Bracer", "Left Shinguard","Right Shinguard", "Left Gauntlet", "Right Gauntlet", "Left Shoulderguard", "Right Shoulderguard"]
Kinda just made up the names.  That is... if you wanted to use very specific item pieces.

You will also need to add their armor number into the item's name like the demo shows.

so where do I change each individual characters weapon and armor slots.

I don't want to see R-Hand, L-Hand, Shield on every character. Some get L, R, no shield - others get R, no L, shield.

Actually I was just wondering if I could get some advice on how to go about doing it myself.  Maybe like where I should start or something.

to Trainspotter:
The demo shows you how to do it with map events.  The 'gloria' character in the demo can change her slot names.  Other characters in the demo allow you to set up multiple weapons, shields... whatever.  All of these via map event 'script' calls.

to The Urchin
Dunno.  I am not an expert on this system though I did post it...  I was surprised and fortunate that this newest version was eMailed to me from Gullaume777 himself. :).  Making it work with Charlie's system...  I don't know where to look. :(  I didn't really look into his system.

Thanks DerVVulfman, I got my slots up and running  :) (haven't used rmxp in a while)! Now I was just needing to ask "how do I assign my peices of equipment to each slot?". But I only have the script in my Script Editor the Multi-Slot equipment that mods the equipment screen. I will try to get the stuff up and running in your script for Multi-Slot (have the demo). If it is used and different way to assign equipment please tell me, thanks. ;D

WiZ`

mm... i've another question... (it's passed such a long time... but i need to go back on this script again unfortunatly...)
I've to put 1 weapon 1 shield 2 accessory... but in the equip section i wont that only the 2 accessory ar visible... all the other stat ar hidden... invisible, the cursor in the equip section allow you only to select the 2 accessory slot... is possible such a thing?
Pls unswere ^^ thanks :p

Something's wrong with the demo... I think. I downloaded it ok, but when I try to extract the files, it says that there aren't any files to extract

EDIT: No wonder it said that, it's corrupted, or invalid...

If at first you don't succeed....

I didn't re-upload the file.  I doublechecked and downloaded it from the existing link.

1)  I have Dial-Up.  (go ahead and laugh at that one :P)
2)  I have the file on AOL  (um... yeah... laugh it up :) )
3)  I had no problem opening the downloaded file and playing the demo.

Sorry, friend.  You may have had something that interrupted the download (incoming eMail, refreshing website graphics, whatever) that prevented a complete transmission.

Could someone tell me where it stores the new armor types and how I can call for them in another script.  I can't seem to figure it out.  It's just so frustrating.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.