Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equipment Script

To Admiral_Stalfos19:
Sorry for the lack of showing up.  I don't come here too often anymore.
Any idea why I can't equip the two swords?
If you have them both set as two-handed???
Neither... unless the ID's of both weapons were the same...
It doesn't care about different IDs.  You could have two 'katanas' at a time as long as you have available weapon slots (and not two handed n such).

To bojjenclon:
I've downloaded the demo again.  Dude... I have a dial-up line.  Dunno what's up.

To diablosbud:
Kewl.

To ama55:
Quick answer.  Yep, it's possible.  But, I haven't looked into doing it myself. :s

Even in your demo you can't equip a shield, and, a sword on arshes when you choose one weapon slot. I did it in your demo, and it didn't work

Basically, the demo is set up for two weapon slots and a single shield slot.

Change Aluxes' weapon slots to accomodate 1 weapon... probably like what you did.  THEN... you need to set the SHIELD_HAND_WIELD value to false.

:)

Actually, the instructions are in the demo.  It's just that the example was setup for Hilda rather than Aluxes (the lower right multiple-choice event).

From that character, try this as a script call:
Code:
# Use only 1 weapon slot
$game_actors[1].weapon_slots = [0]
# Rename the '1' weapon slot to the default name
$game_actors[1].weapon_slot_names = [$data_system.words.weapon]
# Reset armors to the basic 4
$game_actors[1].armor_slots = [1,2,3,4]
# Force weapon/shield combo as usual
$game_actors[1].weapon_shield_share = false
# Force actor 'refresh'
return true

I am in awe.  Thank you so much for this script!  It's just what I've been looking for!  EDIT:  I meant to tell you that your end code and spoiler tags are missing on your first post so the code is just kind of hanging out there.  : )  It still works just fine, obviously.

When ever I tried to testrun my side project(Used for testing event systems/scripts), It gives me this error message after I select New Game:

Script 'Multi-Slot 2/2(Actor)' line 283: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'rg' for #<Game_Actor:0x13966d8>

To Mikee:
That's the limit of the SMF server.  They claimed to have a system that allowed for more space than they actually give.  During the changeover to SMF, a great many posts got their scripts 'hacked' in this manner.  I can't edit without even MORE space getting lost.

To Miles Catea:
Hate to say this, but in version 6.2.2 that is (was) posted and in the demo, line 283 in the ACTOR section is nothing more than an 'end' statement. 

You mean to type 'Rg' didn't you (the case of the characters).  Are you missing the last part of the OTHER section.  It's defined at the end of the script.  The Rg class itself.

Thanks, fixed it, yet when I check the Equip window, it looks the same, even though I have alll of the diplay related ones set to true, except for evade.
Also, is it possible, I can have 3 "Accessory" slots?

Easily.  You can have two shields, four helmets, three accessories.  No problem.  The demo does have an example of making a two-helmetable character.

Uh... DerVVulfman? I have a question. Ok so, I installed the script with no problems, and it's fantastic. It just that when I go into the Equip Menu, The Stats Side is in my Font that I installed, While the area where it shows the items that you have equipped is in rtp font. (Or tahoma, who gives?) Could you please help me change this? K, Buh Bye bro.

Jason

Awesome Bro

This script really is amazing, but theres a slight problem, I can't make 2H weapons.
I've done everything it said in the script, but it won't let me equip the weapon, any idea why ?

Taylor

Sponsor

I have three weapons slots, an armour slot and an accessories slot.

It works like this:
Hand:
Hand:
Pocket:
Clothing:
Unique Item:

I've got Pocket to be 30% power, but how can I check if an item is equipped there and not in the 'Hand' slots, so I can create skill learning based only on "held" weapons?

I was going to have 6 weapon slots so I could have all equipment as weapons - and use the Weapon Customisation/Enhanced Weapons by Charlie Lee, but it became illogical because you could have all slots filled with weapons/attachments of the same type. Even treating all equipment as weapon and clothing attachments seemed like it wouldn't ... work.

I have an error. note, i do not know how to script a bit.

@item_windows.push(Window_EquipOffHand.new(@actor, 0))

it says that:

Uninitialized constant Scene_Equip::Window_EquipOffHand

what does this mean?

i only need this script for the extra slots feature so if i could just erase some stuff, thats great.

also, how do i define armor as a different class then body, helmet, shield, or accsesory, but as one of mine slots?

thanks in advanced.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.