Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equipment Script

I was just wondering
if you have two knifes equipted he does two attacks how do you decrease the time between attacks?
if you can help thanks

God I hate typing these messages...

I was redownloading various scripts after losing them over a busted comp, and I think there is a problem with the demo.  The classic archive is corrupt or of an unknown file format message.  No other archive (zip or rar) has given me problems today, so, just thought it's probably not on my end and you might want to know.

Oh, and glad to see you are still around Dervv, even if it's not so much :)

To The Urchin:
The armor types are defined in the Extra_Slots section.  And you flag each type of armor with things like (5), (6), (7) and etc... to note if it is the 5th slot, 6th slot...

Took me a while too.

To Dung Beetle and Dark Zelo:
This system was initially designed for the default battlesystem and no other.  I have found it useful in other systems such as RTAB, but I cannot say whether it will function with any others.  As far as speed related issues... that's up to the battlesystem and the default battlesystem doesn't have any 'time between attacks' thingie if I catch your drift.

To Defenestrate:
Just checked this demo yesterday as Admiral_Stalfos19 had problems too.  But again, I keep it on AOL... not some odd 'service' that expires after some time.  And I downloaded it with my 'dialup' service. :p

Yeah, I lurk.

I see who made your avatar.  If you hear from him...tell him we wish him well, and hopefully a speedy return.

WiZ`

coud you unswere also my question pls? XD pls T.T
there is the command to allow you to equip some accessory by event, but to delete them from the menù?
you can change weapon and shield for example, but not in the menù...
mmm... i don't know how to say it better... X|
you put in a character 1 weapon 1 shield 2 accessory, in the menù you can see and change only the 2 accessory, not the weapon and the shield.
i think is well explained... pls XD help O.O
thanks ^^

DerVVulfman":3vk8t6mx said:
To Defenestrate:
Just checked this demo yesterday as Admiral_Stalfos19 had problems too.

That was only because my reception sucked, and it still does now, as always

Where's the part with the dual weapons and multi-attacks anyway? They're the only parts of the script I want

When I inputted all of the Multi-Slot scripts (ex. actor, window) I get this error "Script 'Mult-slot equipment script' line 1326: SystemStackError occurred.

stack level too deep".

Could someone please explain why this error is happening and how I can fix it?

[EDIT] I took out Actor, Windows, and Other and everything seems to be working perfectly.

(I checked leaving a weapon on L-Hand, saved current game, shutdown game, then loaded the new save and everything seems to be working. It displayed all my equipment on status properly, and it kept my weapon on L-Hand.)

(Also I can edit all my Cursed Equipment, Multi Handed Weapons, Slots, names and everything I need)

The thing I am wondering most is if I leave Actor and Other out will it still support Dual-Attack (Multi whatever), not have it, or think of the Dual-Attack as one hit (because if it does #3 it'll still work...)

To Admiral_Stalfos19:
Code:
  MULTI_ATTACK_ELEMENT = 'attacks' # name of element to tag to multi attacks
                                   # like (2attacks)
  MULTI_ATTACK_STRING = 'atks'     # string in item name, like (3atks)
You can create an element like the 'fire', 'water', 'vs Undead'... and call it '2attacks'.  Tag those weapons and they make 2 attacks.    OR...  You add to the weapon's name something like (3atks) and a weapon can attack three times.  See the demo's 4th weapon which is a dual-attack sword.

Dual weapons just mean you have a character with two weapon slots.  That's easy enough and the demo has it setup already:
Code:
  #=====Set character slots properties =======================================
  WEAPON_KINDS = [0, 0]                     # number of weapons,  0 = weapon
  WEAPON_KIND_NAMES = ['R-Hand', 'L-Hand']  # custom name of extra weapon slots 
  WEAPON_KIND_POWERS = [100, 100]           # 100 = normal power, 90 = 90% power
                                            # Leave empty or put nil inside
                                            # if you want the default names.

To diablosbud:
Dude... you took everything out except the config section.  Without Actor, the system won't perform the actions.  Without Windows, you won't see what you're doing, and without Other, no battlesystem stuff.

Only thing I could think of is that you had TWO copies of Multi-Slot in there.  ???

Yes, but DerVVulf everything is working the status window works, the equipment window works (both modified by multi-slots), except for the Multi-Attack. I tried it in a battle and I got an error writing about a reading my element names, I'll try adding Other and Actor again and see if it works because my windows are...

DerVVulfman":3hyamogm said:
To The Urchin:
The armor types are defined in the Extra_Slots section.  And you flag each type of armor with things like (5), (6), (7) and etc... to note if it is the 5th slot, 6th slot...

Took me a while too.

To Dung Beetle and Dark Zelo:
This system was initially designed for the default battlesystem and no other.  I have found it useful in other systems such as RTAB, but I cannot say whether it will function with any others.  As far as speed related issues... that's up to the battlesystem and the default battlesystem doesn't have any 'time between attacks' thingie if I catch your drift.

To Defenestrate:
Just checked this demo yesterday as Admiral_Stalfos19 had problems too.  But again, I keep it on AOL... not some odd 'service' that expires after some time.  And I downloaded it with my 'dialup' service. :p

Yeah, I lurk.

I see who made your avatar.  If you hear from him...tell him we wish him well, and hopefully a speedy return.

I don't think that's what I'm looking for.  Here, I'll try and explain.

Code:
    # ACCESSORY
    y+=24
    self.contents.font.color = text_color(0)
    if $data_armors[@actor.armor4_id] != nil
      self.contents.font.color=system_color
      self.contents.draw_text(x,y,320,20,"Blood Gems Equipped: ")
      self.contents.font.color=normal_color
      self.contents.font.bold=true
      draw_item_name_size([color=green]*CALL FOR EQUIPMENT TYPE 5*[/color], x+200, y,18)

y+=36
      bars=[]
      for class_no in 0 .. $data_classes.length
        if $data_classes[class_no] != nil
          if $data_classes[class_no].name == [color=green]*CALL FOR EQUIPMENT TYPE 5*[/color]
            for learning_no in 0 ... $data_classes[class_no].learnings.length
              skill_name=$data_skills[$data_classes[class_no].learnings[learning_no].skill_id].name
              skill_id=$data_classes[class_no].learnings[learning_no].skill_id
              bars[learning_no]=Bar.new(x+200,12+y+16*learning_no,100,8,self.contents)
              bars[learning_no].highlight_complete=true
              bars[learning_no].refresh([LEARNING_EXP_POINTS_MULTIPLIER*$data_classes[class_no].learnings[learning_no].level,@actor.experience_points_skills[skill_name]].min,(LEARNING_EXP_POINTS_MULTIPLIER*$data_classes[class_no].learnings[learning_no].level))
              self.contents.draw_text(x,y+16*learning_no,320,32,skill_name.to_s)
              self.contents.draw_text(x+320,y+16*learning_no,120,32,[LEARNING_EXP_POINTS_MULTIPLIER*$data_classes[class_no].learnings[learning_no].level,@actor.experience_points_skills[skill_name]].min.to_s+
              " out of "+(LEARNING_EXP_POINTS_MULTIPLIER*$data_classes[class_no].learnings[learning_no].level).to_s)
              if @actor.experience_points_skills[skill_name] >= LEARNING_EXP_POINTS_MULTIPLIER*$data_classes[class_no].learnings[learning_no].level or actor.skill_learn?(skill_id)
                self.contents.draw_text(x+440,y+16*learning_no,120,32,"FEAT LEARNED")
              end
            end
          end
        end
      end
    else
      self.contents.draw_text(x,y,320,32,"No Blood Gems Equipped")
    end

I'm just trying to figure out what I would use to call the extra armor slot 5 in those too green spots.

How can you make some characters just have the default weapon and shield hands? I can get left hand and shield but that doesn't reaaly work. I need weapon and shield like the default.

Sorry for all the troubles I put you through DerVVulfman but I now have it properly set up thanks to your first guess. I was messing around and had realized long ago my version number was 4.1.1. Then I deleted that set up module properly and put in all the needed scripts (ex. Actor,Windows) and it ran nicely. No battling errors and I know that Dual-Attack works with an ABS because it just forces 2 hits in one attack which cannot hurt. So now I am all set with all my information needed. I think this will probably be my last post in this topic. Thanks DerVVulfman alot  ;D!!!

Nice Script, sorry but I didn't read all six pages, so I was just going to ask if the currend demo on page one is the most current.

Also, is the script comapitable with you and formar0153's larger party script?
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?to ... er%20Party

And if you happen to know, is it also compatible with Tricksters IP script? (Mind you, I still don't have that one quite yet. :P)
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=4880.0

Sorry if you already posted some of this info somewhere.

To Admiral_Stalfos19:
'Fraid not.  You have to 'set' a value... no randoms.

To The Urchin:
Oh... dunno...  try... $game_actors[2].armor_slot_names[4] ...or something like that.  I think THIS sample would bring up Basil's "Gauntlets" in the demo.  If you enter 0-3 for the armor_slot_names, you get the generic stuff.  Anything above 3 would be the extra slots.

To bojjenclon:
Left hand and shield... is pretty much the same as the default 'Weapon' and shield.  Nothing special other than renaming the slots after that, and the demo shows ya how.  Just look at the 'Gloria' event on the map.  She'll tell ya how.

To diablosbud :
:D

To Neocracker:
Yep... 6.2.2 is the most recent version I got from Guillaume777 and it's not likely to have any more versions.

Yeah, it will work with Fomar0153's Large Party script.  I use the 2nd one in the post... the one that I edited.  *checking*  Yep... it's still there. :D  That version would work with most anything.

Getting this to work with a system by Trickster however...  not likely.

Crap, I need that IP system of his.

Well, I guess it's still worth a try. Otherwise I might need to find a Scripter who can make said alterations, or try another system entirely.

Ah well, if thats the case it won't be that bad.

Thanks a lot DerV.

DerVVulfman":7ufprgj0 said:
To Admiral_Stalfos19:
'Fraid not.  You have to 'set' a value... no randoms.

To The Urchin:
Oh... dunno...  try... $game_actors[2].armor_slot_names[4] ...or something like that.  I think THIS sample would bring up Basil's "Gauntlets" in the demo.  If you enter 0-3 for the armor_slot_names, you get the generic stuff.  Anything above 3 would be the extra slots.

To bojjenclon:
Left hand and shield... is pretty much the same as the default 'Weapon' and shield.  Nothing special other than renaming the slots after that, and the demo shows ya how.  Just look at the 'Gloria' event on the map.  She'll tell ya how.

To diablosbud :
:D

To Neocracker:
Yep... 6.2.2 is the most recent version I got from Guillaume777 and it's not likely to have any more versions.

Yeah, it will work with Fomar0153's Large Party script.  I use the 2nd one in the post... the one that I edited.  *checking*  Yep... it's still there. :D  That version would work with most anything.

Getting this to work with a system by Trickster however...  not likely.

Nope, still nothing... Sigh, why does this have to be so damn difficult.

It is official, I am script illiterate. Through and through.

I'm trying to get only one weapon slot, and in the tutorial it says

I do Call Script

$Game_Actors[1].weapon_slots=[0]

And I have no Idea where to find it.

I really don't even know what Call Script is to be honest.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.