Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equipment Script

Hey! I love this script, and haven't really had that many problems that I couldn't fix on my own... but I have one now! Aren't you lucky? Haha.

Anyways, I was trying to find a way to make a staff 2-handed. Now, this wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that I would like to have my mages only have 1 weapon slot. I know what you're thinking. Haha, dummy, just make it a one-handed weapon, right? Actually, wrong, 'cuz other classes can also use staffs, and you guessed it: they have two hands. Is there any way to make the same staff be able to be equipped in all weapon slots instead of two? Thanks so much!

Oh, and also, is this compatible with GubiD's TBS? Thanks again! :D

To BlackMage:
The weapon is either a two-handed weapon (requiring both hands) or not.  If you set up a weapon to require two weapon slots, a character with only 1 weapon slot can't use it nor could he apply a two-handed weapon to a single slot.  Sorry.

To Admiral_Stalfos19:
Randomize 'misses'?  Good idea. :)  Better yet... ask for a 'script request' that would make a script that... randomly 'cancels out' an attack before it even applies the ever-lovin' damage pop.  That way, there won't be a 'Miss' effect either.

Cool, I'll be sure to do that.

EDIT: Is there a way to make a character use two skills per turn (one for each weapon)?
EDIT2: And is there a way to make a character select what weapon he/she wants to use instead of using both of them?

Dung Beetle:
No, he was answering my questions above.

DerVVulfman:
I've come up with a problem. I've created two different swords that each can attack 5 times in a row. I can't seem to be able to equip both swords, yet I can still equip a Bronze Sword along with one of the two swords. Any idea why I can't equip the two swords?

DerVVulfman":2wtlen4u said:
To BlackMage:
The weapon is either a two-handed weapon (requiring both hands) or not.  If you set up a weapon to require two weapon slots, a character with only 1 weapon slot can't use it nor could he apply a two-handed weapon to a single slot.  Sorry.

Ah gross. Hey, thanks anyway! Appreciate the response! :D

Sorry  :dead: I was wrong that was not my last post in this topic  :sad:. I am having a problem trying to set a ring to all of it's slots (4 different slots). I am wondering if this feature was yet been added because I don't know how to set it up. I've tried setting it up normally but with 4 slot ()'s but it doesn't work. I'd be happy to know if this feature exists yet and if it does how to set it up. I'd be thankful if someone could help me out here, thanks  :wink:.

I figured out a way. I just turned that offhand weapon shield thing off. I don't have your demo and I can't get it as this isn't my computer, so if you would tell me how to do it another way I'd be grateful, as I'm sure this way will clash one day...

Edit: I had to do this because it gave me right hand and shield which were both offhand.

To diablosbud :
Um... only one type per slot.  Ya can't have an armor available in multiple slots... so your rings won't do (like rings for every finger).  Sorry.  Good idea though.  But Guillaume777 stopped working on this.

Admiral_Stalfos19":nqxqxmpl said:
DerVVulfman:
I've come up with a problem. I've created two different swords that each can attack 5 times in a row. I can't seem to be able to equip both swords, yet I can still equip a Bronze Sword along with one of the two swords. Any idea why I can't equip the two swords?

^Sorry for any lack of patience, but I still need an answer to this problem

Sorry to bother you again DerVVulfman, but I am using Blizzard's ABS and just set it up. I have just found that equiping a weapon to the left-hand will disable attacking with a weapon, even though it adds to Attack. I was wondering if there is a patch for Blizz ABS out yet or if there is a way of fixing this while still having L-Hand and R-Hand. It would be wonderful if you could help me out here  :smile:. Thanks...

EDIT**I also asked Blizzard at Chaos Project, but he doesn't have the time to make a compatibility for this script...

I fixed my problem. I made seperate slots for weapons and offhands and Blizz-ABS runs like uber  :rock:, lol! Also I know that 2-handed weapons will work because it only modifys the equipment so you cannot equip an offhand with it. That is all anyone who has problems with Blizz-ABS and Multi-Slot has to do, this should help some people  :smile:...

One quick question:

I am using this script and I am having problems with something.  I'd like to be able to unequip a single slot using a call script.  Example: Using a call script, I'd like to be able to unequip actor 1's Weapon 2 slot.  I know you can equip into single slots, but is it possible to undo that in the same fasion?  Thanks!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.