Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equipment Script

If Trickster would kindly put in all the systems and features of this system. I'm fairly confident that he didn't add them all. Also, if you are not using the SDK... then you're going to have to use this.

How would I modify this so that one type of armor (say, gauntlets) increases ATK instead of PDEF (or MDEF)? I managed to do it with the default equip system, but this manages stats differently (obviously).

As far as 'I' was aware, it handled the statistics just the same as the default system. Only difference was the inclusion of additional slots (gauntlets), and the ability to use multiples of certain armor/weapons (2 shields for example).

Granted, I didn't write the crazy thing, but this was what it was designed for. @_@

DerVVulfman;187888 said:
Well, this is pretty much a final version as Guillaume777 hasn't worked on any more versions of it. He's not a member her, and hasn't updated his script beyond version 4 over in Creation Asylum. Pretty much dropped off the face of the RMXP earth since RMXP.net went down.

Indeed, I stopped working on this after RMXP.net went down. Around that time I started getting very busy (I now study psychology in college and I'm working as a research assistant). Furthermore I realized coding was becoming an obsession with me, as I'd code until everything worked as I wanted. As such I decided to retire from the RMXP community, and honestly I think it was a wise decision.

Oh yeah, I also just found version 6.2.2 of the script on my drive, complete with a slightly more extensive demo, maybe you want this ?

However, if I remember right I did the 6.2.2 version only to fix a few bugs, and I think you found and fixed them yourself in your 6.2.1 "Alpha" ;).

Oh, please PM 'em to me and I'll take a look. Comparing scripts (or translating 'em) seems to be one of my fortes. If 'alpha' is indeed your 6.2.2, I'll merely correct the post and script name accordingly.

I can't take credit for finding and fixing the bugs however. It's a bit to complex in structure for me. Cygnea was a member of .net as well and saved the script after you fixed it (still with the 6.2.1 title). PS: Thanks for the 'cursed equipment' feature I asked for back then... ;)

Hey, Guillaume777 (or 3000?)

Received the demo just fine. Dunno when I'm gonna get to look at it as I'm retooling my Grouping and Details script. It's going through a much needed overhaul (making it simpler in the config, more error-checks, and smaller in size).

Will take an in-depth look when I can. One thing I did note was that the default scripts shows the obvious date of creation. But that's from... how long ago?

Can't say if I'll get to it tomorrow or Tuesday. Quite often I have my famous 12-hour (sucks) shifts at work, and Sunday (after work) I update the FORUM list... with the (hehe.. laugh...) dial-up connection I have.

Catcha later.

DVV

Sorry...

The systems that control features like dual-attacks, dual-wielding and so on are aliasing the current battlesystem, or similar styled frontview battlesystems. Most custom battlesystems that are frontview or sideview turn-based/ATBar-based still use a good portion of the Scene_Battle system, which is why more scripts are available for their use.

Battlesystems such as ABSs (zelda, SBABS, Mr.Mo's) had to be designed... mostly from scratch. As such, routines that control battler actions, attacks, skills and so on are pretty much unique between themselves. Same can be said about the new batch of Tactical systems. There is no set pattern and add-on scripts and features have to be written with that particular script in mind. The most compliant script for ABSs seem to be HUD scripts.

Again... sorry.

How odd, it works on mine. Here are my settings:

Code:
 #=========Set weapon/armor properties with element tagging and name edit=======
 CURSED_STRING = 'cursed' # put (cursed) in item name for it to be cursed
 HANDS_ELEMENT = 'handed'  #nb of hands in front of HANDS_ELEMENT in the database
 HANDS_STRING = 'handed' # name of string in item name like (2handed)

MULTI_ATTACK_ELEMENT = 'attacks' #name of element to tag to multi attacks like
                                  #  (2attacks)
 MULTI_ATTACK_STRING = 'atks' #string in item name, like (3atks)

NEEDS_OFFHAND_STRING = 'needs_offhand' #string in item name if the weapon
                                        #needs an offhand like (needs_offhand)
 #=====Set character slots properties ==========================================
 WEAPON_KINDS = [0] #number of weapons,  0 = weapon
 WEAPON_KIND_NAMES = ['Weapon'] #custom name of extra weapon slots, 
 WEAPON_KIND_POWERS = [100] # 100 = normal power, 90 = 90% power, etc
 #leave empty or put nil inside if you want default name
ARMOR_KINDS = [1,3,2,4]
# 1 = shield
# 2 = helmet
# 3 = armor
# 4 = acc
# 5 = and more : extra slot
EXTRA_SLOT_NAMES = ['Accessory']
#Name of the extra slots in equip window
#You need as many words as there are '5' or more in armor_kinds
#The first order of the slots names reflect the order of the 5 in armor_kinds
#Put (5) or more to in the armor name to have it assigned to the extra slot 

[b]#=============Set multi-weapon behavior=======================================
 IGNORE_OFFHAND = false #ignore off_hand support 
 TWOHANDED_IN_OFFHAND = true #if false don't show two handed weapon in offhand
                                 #window
 ALL_WEAPONS_FOR_SKILLS = true #true = combined power of all weapons for skills 
                               #false = only power of first weapon
 SHIELD_HAND_SLOT = 1 #slot number to be used for shield hand
 WEAPON_SHIELD_SHARE = false #if true, dont use shield and second weap at same time
 SHIELD_HAND_WIELD = true#true = allow to use shield hand for two handed weapon
 WEAPON_HAND_WIELD = true #true = allow to use weapon hand for two handed weapon
 MULTI_WEAPONS_PENALITY = 0 #percent of atk
                            #that will be substracted if you use two weap[/b]
 #============Set appearance properties ======================================== 
 FONT_NAME = 'Verdana' #font to use
 CURSED_COLOR = Color.new(255, 50, 50) #color of cursed equiped items
 SHOW_REMOVE = false #show empty in offhand window

WINDOWS_STRETCH = true #true : equip_right stretch to adjust to nb of slots
 MAX_SHOW_SLOTS = 6 #maximum number of slots in 1 screen in equip right window
 #Useless if windows_stretch = false
 HELP_AT_BOTTOM = false #if true : will leave place for help window at bottom
                       #useless if you didn't mofidy the help window y coordinate

STATUS_WINDOW_ARRANGE = false #if true : you get a new status window.
 EVADE = false # if draw_actor_parameter is configured to receive parameter 7 
 #( evade ), then it will show in new status window
 # EVADE = true has no effect if STATUS_WINDOW_ARRANGE is false

Hopefully you can see which setting I've got turned on / off there that might be the root of the problem you're having. I remember this gave me a little hassle back when I started out, but it was just a case of finding the right settings.
I've bolded the bit that might be of the most interest to you.

BUMP!!![/FONT]

And not just any bump...

Guillaume777;210584 said:
I just sent the 6.2.2 demo to you via email.

RELEASED TO YOU... VERSION 6.2.2 !!!

With more element fixes, a new feature to control the vertical spacing for custom slots in the Status Window, and possibly more fixes than I know.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.