Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Guillaume777's Multi-Slot Equipment Script

DerVVulfman said:
To Trickster:
Compatability message added right now...
What bug? In the demo I may have mentioned a compatability script/patch for it to work with RTAB, but that's for RTAB's benefit. Yours works fine. And maybe another patch for Anim. Battler's benefit (spritesheet with multiple images for the 'scan' image).

And, this was originally designed in the dreaded 'Postality' era. Few of us knew of Aliases and such. Version 4 is almost a year old now. :D

Nope I'm not going to say where the bug will appear, or how to create it.

and in each of my scripts that deals with the players equipment, I've also coded the script to detect extra equipment (weapon2_id, weapon3_id, ...) and (armor5_id, armor6_id, ...), and well I don't see that Guillaume777 had this script setup this way, so my scripts will be unable to get the extra equipment. Also if you check the extra methods, stuff I posted look for the methods for Game_Actor#equipment its coded the same way (from my Ip Skills script).

So the incompatibility between this script and another script can range from the script not detecting stuff in mnor cases or in extreme cases to errors

Cygnea said:
All right, I'm plugging what I've got into the demo first to make sure I didn't edit it for any other scripts.

QUICK EDIT: I'm not sure how many spots this is able to suport; I haven't gotten far enough in my project to add very many, and I never tested that part out. I pulled this straight from my own project but I don't think I deleted any information; I'm currently trying (without much success) to mess with another script so I didn't bother to check.

Code:
#==============================================================================
# ** Window_Status
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This window displays full status specs on the status screen.
#==============================================================================

class Window_Status < Window_Base
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Object Initialization
  #     actor : actor
  def initialize(actor)
    super(0, 0, 640, 480)
    self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
    @actor = actor
    refresh
  end
  # * Refresh
  def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    draw_actor_graphic(@actor, 40, 112)
    draw_actor_name(@actor, 4, 0)
    draw_actor_class(@actor, 4 + 144, 0)
    draw_actor_level(@actor, 96, 32)
    draw_actor_state(@actor, 96, 64)
    draw_actor_hp(@actor, 96, 112, 172)
    draw_actor_sp(@actor, 96, 144, 172)
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, 96, 192, 0)
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, 96, 224, 1)
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, 96, 256, 2)
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, 96, 304, 3)
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, 96, 336, 4)
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, 96, 368, 5)
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, 96, 400, 6)
   #Begin Multi-slot equipment script Edit
   if G7_MS_MOD::EVADE
    draw_actor_parameter(@actor, 96, 432, 7) # activate if you have a draw_actor_paramter method that draw evade
   end
   self.contents.font.color = system_color
   self.contents.draw_text(320, 16, 80, 32, 'EXP')
   self.contents.draw_text(320, 48, 80, 32, 'NEXT')
   self.contents.font.color = normal_color
   self.contents.draw_text(320 + 80, 16, 84, 32, @actor.exp_s, 2)
   self.contents.draw_text(320 + 80, 48, 84, 32, @actor.next_rest_exp_s, 2)
   self.contents.font.color = system_color
   self.contents.draw_text(320, 80, 96, 32, 'Equipment')

for i in 0...@actor.weapon_slots.size
    draw_item_name($data_weapons[@actor.weapon_ids[i]], 320 + 16, 80 + 24 * (i+1))
   end

for i in 0...@actor.armor_slots.size
    draw_item_name($data_armors[@actor.armor_ids[i]], 320 + 16, 200 + 24 * (i - 4 + @actor.weapon_slots.size))
    end
   # End Multi-slot equipment script Edit
  end
end

Please tell me if this doesn't work for some reason.

I don't see any text, what do I edit to see the words?

Cygnea

Sponsor

No text? That's strange; I plugged it straight into the demo and it works. Unless you're using the illegal version I can't think of a reason why this would happen. :S

Cygnea

Sponsor

Maybe. Off the top of my head, try adding

self.contents.font.name = "Arial"
right below
self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)

Do you think it's possible to make this compatible with LegACy's Advanced Menu script..? Or tell me how I can make it work together?

Don't look at me... I didn't make the crazy thing http://www.dubealex.com/asylum/style_em ... x/bleh.gif[/IMG]

But, I just added into the 1st post a standardized 'FORMATTED' version of the script, just below the 1st one (the way I received it). Hope you like that 'T'. ;)

Oh, and I found another little thing I needed to correct (yep... correct). There was a switch called EVADE in the config section of the script. This allowed you to show just ONE more parameter in your status window... (strength, intelligence... evade). Probably for fans of Final Fantasy who's stats include an Evade% stat. While you normally don't HAVE an evade parameter, it allows people who have edited their game to include an evade parameter to show it in this script. It doesn't create the parameter for you. You have to create and set up this parameter yourself. It also re-adjusts the vertical height of the parameters on-screen so this new custom parameter is not cut off... (he kinda forgot 'bout that).

hi i dont know if this is going to be seen or anything but how would one make it so that one doesnt need to scroll to get to the extra equip? so that it shows it?

Guillaume777 added the EVADE heading for those gamemakers who knew how to add an additional stat (um... evade? ;) ) which could affect gameplay. While in RMXP, only the monsters have an evade value, games like Final Fantasy (and it's sequels) have an Evade value for its heroes as well and he added this so no one would ask him to add the extra stat into the system... beating 'em to the punch.

He just let it up to them to figure out how to add the EVADE stat itself, connect it to the menu, and figure out how it should work. Anyone already using the Evade stat would have planned those out.

Me? Ehhhh... don't need it.

I have a question Derv I'm tryin to make a large selection of equipment that the hero can ware that would go on: Legs, ears, arms, L finger, R Finger, belt, Back...etc
But I can't seem to get all 10 equipment slots to show up why is this?

Chaos_Prime;142503 said:
I have a question Derv I'm tryin to make a large selection of equipment that the hero can ware that would go on: Legs, ears, arms, L finger, R Finger, belt, Back...etc
But I can't seem to get all 10 equipment slots to show up why is this?

Huh? Where do you want to show all equipment slots?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.