Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Oh yeah. I forgot that Amy didn't recognize the Daleks.

In the BBC America commercials for Doctor Who on its Series Five premiere, sponsored by BMW, Steven Moffat stated, "There is something that intrigues The Doctor about Amy and the cracks in the walls and he knows something's just not quite right about Amy."

Do you suppose that's the memory loss, or are we going to experience something Donna Noble-adjacent.

Also:

In "Victory of the Daleks" the TARDIS de-materialises, revealing a crack in the wall. When the TARDIS scanners reveal the presence of the Dalek craft behind the Moon, the small shape representing the mothership distorts into the same crack, and then back again in a few seconds.

Didn't see THOSE, did you Petros? :P

I think there might be something more subtle going on as well. In Season Four, right the way up to the episode "Turn Left", every time the characters went left down a corridor or something, they hit disaster: several times they had to back track and go right - like in the "Silence in the Library" arc. Also, the ATMOS satnavs kept barking at people to "Turn Left".

"In the BBC America commercials for Doctor Who on its Series Five premiere, sponsored by BMW, Steven Moffat stated..."

ahahahahahahahahha

Incognitus":30ao11ku said:
In "Victory of the Daleks" the TARDIS de-materialises, revealing a crack in the wall. When the TARDIS scanners reveal the presence of the Dalek craft behind the Moon, the small shape representing the mothership distorts into the same crack, and then back again in a few seconds.

Didn't see THOSE, did you Petros? :P

No I didn't see them, and that's exactly my point though. That's the way it should be, little subtle hints and nods, when you've got something like that, why have the blatantly obvious pointed out too? It just makes it more annoying because it's like they're saying "Duuuh... incase you didn't see it when we did it the clever way, we're going to shove it on your face so you get it"

I think there is going to be a revision of the "story arc" motifs we've been seeing.

Look at all of the scripts Moffy has produced over the last five years: All of them revolve around subtle phrases, misdirection, and subversion of our expectations.

Take "4022 saved", for an obvious instance. I think what we think we're seeing is not what it appears to be.

Hmm. If none of the past actually happened, then there's a chance they'll bring back Rose (boo), Martha (boo), and Tate (yay) again.

I think Amy is very important in an "Adelaide Brooke" kinda way, and was supposed to marry either "Delete-your-internet-history" Jeff or Rory... but the fact that The Doctor crash-landed in her back garden has dramatically changed the course of history leading to DISASTER!!!!!

(You don't suppose Amy could be one of River Song's ancestors? :haha: )

vh9vdd.gif

One of the more fun internet rumours going around is that Flesh and Stone had two Doctors in it. Remember when he tells Amy that he'll be back then walks off his voice growing distant. There's a few seconds when suddenly he returns, he's also wearing the jacket and is more comforting telling Amy that she has to start trusting him. Interesting no?

I assumed that was just a continuity error.

If not, then that's BRILLIANT. Especially seeing as we've now established that there is something about Amy, and the Doctor has to "fix" her. Fix her good and proper.

││█║▌│║▌║ ▌│║▌║ ▌││":34kg89hu said:
i'm very interested in why the doctor looked pleased that time can be re-written ;O

Just as long as he doesn't start carping on about the bloody Time War again...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.