Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Doctor Who Discussion Thread

I'd be interested to see what they do with the weeping angels a second time around because that episode was brilliantly done, but it worked well as a one-off not as the start of recurring villains such as Judoon.

I actually preffered the moment in the show during Journey's End, if it's anything RTD does well, it's heartbreak for The Doctor. Like the the loss of Rose in Doomsday or as this clip shows "The man who keeps running, never looking back because he dare not out of shame."

I don't want to see the angels redone, that episode was fantastic, but it can't be done again.

Just like "the last dalek" should have been... the last dalek.

-.-

Holy crap!

Best preview EVER. It looks so much... darker than the Davis years - and I think I'm beginning to warm to Matt Smith.

(I want that Dalek to turn out to be a good guy for a change. He could be the Doctor's companion.)

I've just done some spoiler-googling: Speaking of Daleks!!!
Apparently one of the episodes is going to be set in WWII and feature Churchill allying with the Daleks to fight the Nazis. OMG!

My only fear about Moffat is that he may be too dark in the end. I've just got this nagging feeling that he and Davis worked well off each other, one providing the dark episodes and the other providing the lighthearted. I think Davis gets a bad rap for some reason but without him there'd be no new Doctor Who and he has written some excellent episodes, like Doomsday and The Last of the Time Lords, which is coincidentally my favourite arc, I just love The Master.

Also I'm not too sure I like the idea of The Doctor firing off that gun there, that seems very unlike The Doctor, especially considering all the refusal to use the gun in The End of Time. I too am warming to Matt Smith but something about him still bugs me, he's just still too young for me, I mean I know Tennant was the second youngest doctor ever but whilst he looked young it still felt like he was a man too an aged 906 year old Time Lord, Matt Smith on the other hand, seems a little too young and vibrant, not as Shakespearean as Tennant or as funny and charming as Eccleston.

Also I'm not too sure I like the idea of The Doctor firing off that gun there, that seems very unlike The Doctor, especially considering all the refusal to use the gun in The End of Time.

He refused to shoot and kill someone - even to save his own life. Look at what he's doing in the film (And I assume you don't mean the first one - which is obviously a starter pistol): He's shooting into the air; he's in a dark room; there is light on his face.

Conclusion: This is part of the Weeping Angels episode - he's shooting out the only lightbulb in the room. :D

Also, is that the human Lady Cassandra back? And, with Eleven's catchphrase apparently "Geronimo" - how long until he encounters... Goyahkla. :haha:

Hmmm I dunno, perhaps its the fact that I'm seeing a whole new doctor and set of writers. Moffat is brilliant and all, he's a genius, but I can't help but feel this is going a bit "ohhh. let's makes things dark because dark is always better, and lets throw a young guy in there so the teens can relate to him"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6uOo28BIvg

^ The end of Saturday's episode and the series trailer (spoilers alert!).

So... what does everyone think?

I think the cinematography is a great improvement over the last one; I love the new Tardis interior - it really gives off an incredible science-fantasy-fairy-tale vibe.

I hope they keep up the good work with the new soundtrack - it's a great improvement so far over those bombastic pieces of the last five years.

Poor Amy Pond: How late do you think she'll be to
to her Wedding?
XD

I dunno, but making a big deal of it means something has to go wrong lol

I could have done without that whole swooping pov camerabollocks after he collared the mannurse though

I am annoyed that the Daleks and Cybermen are back but tbh the premise looks interesting at least. (By the looks of it, Daleks fighting in a WW2 scenario - camo green Daleks with Union Jacks on them).

I guess it's become a running joke that the Daleks are coming back.

The cybermen however, the whole point with them is that they crop up all over time and space and cannot be defeated. They are supposed to keep coming back and in strange premises.

That's not to say I want them back because I don't; but can at least see why/how, unlike the Daleks who were actually killed off numerous times and they used their genocide as a plot device in Donna's last episode (the Doctor clone was too human and couldn't stay in this Universe because he committed genocide; however ironic that is).

I think the return of the Dalaks and the Cybermen is looking good because - bar the inevitable covers of the Radio Times - they seem to be being treated as a simple "Monster of the Week" rather than the event that they have been in the recent past.

RAF Fighter Planes battling a Dalek Flying Saucer in Space. There are no words... :fap:

Also, I actually like the new titles and music. They're more muted than the Davis years - it's a return to classic form.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.