Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Doctor Who Discussion Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiB3SdlQ6sI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSSvq-A5aRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_NLjHUKEro

According to early reviews by critics with advanced copies, it's not just one of the best pieces of DW ever shown: It's one of the best pieces of sci-fiction drama ever shown.

I can't wait any more. It's worse than Christmas.

I will not watch I will not watch I will not watch

This episode is going to be fantastic - I haven't heard or read ANYTHING about it.

Amy Pond":1gk2lcc3 said:
I will not watch I will not watch I will not watch

This episode is going to be fantastic - I haven't heard or read ANYTHING about it.

I've heard from a critic via Twitter - who didn't leak any facts - but says the Daleks calling The Doctor "The Oncoming Storm" is a incredible understatement.

Gargh!!!! Only one night to go!!! (Then half a year. -.-)

I've ordered a copy of Series 5 now; I know I'm going to have to watch them back to back the moment it finishes. I'll be amongst those people preordering Series 6a tomorrow night. ^^

Did you hear about the Daleks by the way? Little Miss Moffat says he's retiring them for a while. Amazing news! I know they are a big part of Doctor Who, but a rest will make it even better when they come back. We've had a few too many near-end-of-the-worlds caused by the Daleks.

Amy Pond":29ivw6a0 said:
Best episode ever.

(Who didn't expect that though? ;P)

Both true.

The energy fizzled near the end though, Moffat said a lot of things would become clearer, and it raised more questions than it answered Where the f*** do the Silence fit in all this?!

Glad to see him taken down a peg though... and by River Song! >_< :squee:

Still -

"State the message from the Doctor"
KABOOM!
"I'll ask again. Where. Is. My. Wife."

:thumb:

Watching the weeping angels again, just remembered my favourite who quote:

"This is my timey wimey detector...

...goes 'ding' when there's stuff."

tumblr_lneq4zNgPP1ql4a4ko1_r1_500.jpg

XD Brilliant love that picture.

You know I think the silence are basically still around, look at episode 1 of this series, Amy spots one when they're in the future. So they're still about making us do things and what not.
Plus there's also the other question that was brought up at the end of last series - 'what made the Tardis explode?'

So.... the final episode of Season Six. Opinions people?

SPOILERS AHEAD SWEETIE

Here's how it's gone down for me, personally I think Season Six in general has been a bit lacklustre, the main episodes rely heavily on you caring about the character of River Song and frankly, I find her annoying and a massive scenery chewer. She does the subtle well but she does the outlandish totally over the top. Season Five started really well, it had a few good episodes in between like the Van Gough episode and "The Lodger" and it ended on a really brilliant finale with The Pandorica Opens and The Big Bang. Season six started, with the excellent The Impossible Astronaut, maybe even better than The Eleventh Hour even, which set the stage for the whole season, a threatening villain, the future death of The Doctor and a pregnancy of Amy Pond. On the other hand the season ended up meandering around fairly average episodes, finally ending in a finale that had high stakes but basically the same stakes we've had the THE LAST THREE YEARS! The End of All of Time and Space becomes less of a threat and more of a nuisance when it's the same threat they faced last year, and the year before that and the year before that. It was a single episode with a really anti-climactic reason for how The Doctor survived his fixed point in time death, and a very predictable one at that, or maybe actually in my mind it wasn't predictable because I though it would be far too predictable and there's no way Moffat would write something so benal... I was wrong. Honestly, this season has disappointed me for the most part. But there's always been the off-years in every show, strangely it's usually the sixth season (eg. Buffy). It's not that I haven't enjoyed it, it's just that it's a bit of a step down, I mean compare the Doctor's "death" this year to how he "died" last year by rebooting the universe, the impact just wasn't there because not for a minute did I really think he could die because the Tesseract was an easy way out that anyone really could have seen.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I hope it gets better next year, also I'd just like to say I don't think it fits the American Style of Two Half-Seasons with a hiatus, that really damaged the flow of the season in my opinion. If I'm being completely honest, Torchwood really beat Doctor Who in my mind hands down this year. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's done it the last two consecutive years it aired, Children of Earth Vs. The Specials, Miracle Day Vs. DW S6. And this is coming from someone who prefers the writing of Moffat to RTD.

Miracle day was great but really really drawn out; they could have done it far better in three to five episodes. I'll comment on the finale later :eek:~

Amy Pond":564n855q said:
Miracle day was great but really really drawn out; they could have done it far better in three to five episodes. I'll comment on the finale later :eek:~

Yeah I'll agree on that, very drawn out, it would have been better to be more succinct, or even less serialised so there could be individual episodes which really stand out, sometimes those are great.

Is anyone watching the big episode tonight? 50th anniversary, of the longest running Sci-Fi show in the world. It's being shown around the world in cinemas (and tv screens of course) - I would have gone to the pictures if I'd known but oh well.

That was pretty great in my opinion. I know a lot of people aren't a fan of the, er, unprofessional acting and special effects sometimes, but the episode itself was much better than I expected it to be; I really thought they'd cock it up. Trying not to post spoilers! I liked the fact it had a subplot going on at the same time as the main plot. Quite a bit of retconning, but it's a time travel programme, that's going to happen. They're also really setting up the new series for potentially big, or, more likely, awful things.

The current doctor is my favorite out of the last 3 that I've actually seen. They had big deal at the book store the other day. Selling Doctor Who stuff, someone who worked there was dressed as the doctor. Everyone walking around saying "The Doctor" with an accent.

The new episode was rubbish. What a load of shite. Another episode where nothing really happened, but that introduces so, so many unnecessary plotholes and new characters.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.