Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Amy Pond":36laq42w said:
I think David Tennant was the last one along those lines. They broke that though by introducing Matt Smith.

Wha?

A Time Lord has thirteen possible incarnations. Matt Smith is the Eleventh. :\ Two more to go!

but there are only meant to be like 13 doctors...or is that all just a rumor!

No. A very important plot point for several stories. A key piece of Time Lord mythology.

You beat me ^
Although it is 13 Doctors not regenerations :D and also the thing mentioned about 507 could be smarter than mentioned on here if you count the digits it equals 12(the amount of regenerations he is aloud).. coincidence hmmm dunno about that one could be, no one knows we just have to wait and see lol

Oh my night has got better two of my fav shows brought together :D I am a very happy fan..(shame the Stewie voice wasn't very accurate..but that is me being a picky VA lol)

I haven't watched it yet; I don't like spoilers!

I've been trying to get my head around the squiggly-wiggly timey-wimey of the Time War. Confusing business.

It is indeed lol :smile: Then again if it was simple then Doctor Who wouldn't be so amazing!
It took me all day to work it out myself (it was my day off and I was REALLY bored haha)
If you are still referencing the only 13 doctors issue, I really don't think that they will get rid of DW it is just way to popular, even though RTD "insisted that the "thirteen lives" rule was too deeply entrenched in the viewer consciousness for his throwaway line to affect it."
We haven't heard an feedback from Moffat, so he could completely ignore the 13 lives rule, and just regenerate him again :eek:: We just don't know lol

Jason

Awesome Bro

So I was watching an episode on Saturday at my girlfriends house (She's the biggest Doctor Who nerd I've ever known), and does anyone else think Matt Smith has the weirdest head ever? It's horribly shaped like his head is too small for his hair, and his nose looks like it's been stuck on, like plasticine or something... god that's all I could focus on.

Amy Pond":1ewl3kvy said:
He does have a quite oddly shaped head.

I'd still bang though.

Yes. Totally. Complete Mancrushins. :cute: :heart:

(And according to a throw-away line in this series opener - his head is the inspiration for the Easter Island statues.

I've been trying to get my head around the squiggly-wiggly timey-wimey of the Time War. Confusing business.

Pft. Last Great Time War = dull beyond belief. The Second War in Heaven... now THERE'S a Time War! It's also possible due to the ubersquiggly-wiggly nature of the Second War in Heaven, they're actually the same thing... like World War II being responsible for the start of World War I :wink:

We haven't heard an feedback from Moffat, so he could completely ignore the 13 lives rule, and just regenerate him again :eek:: We just don't know lol

...but given what we know about Moffat and the mythos, it's safe to say if he's in charge, he'll have a plan. A plan most awesome and epic.

In fact there's a rumour that
the Doctor's death in the Impossible Astronaut is part and package of Moffat's attempt to work around the Thirteen Lives issue. The evidence (from what I've been [unwillingly] told about 6b's finale is... compelling to say the least.

Incognitus":1morzjni said:

...but given what we know about Moffat and the mythos, it's safe to say if he's in charge, he'll have a plan. A plan most awesome and epic.

In fact there's a rumour that
the Doctor's death in the Impossible Astronaut is part and package of Moffat's attempt to work around the Thirteen Lives issue. The evidence (from what I've been [unwillingly] told about 6b's finale is... compelling to say the least.

Oh. now that was something I never considered..I must admit I do love Moffat's writing, I cannot put my finger on why it is so good but it really is quite amazing lol :D

On a side note, in my watching of older doctor who's I saw the name Moffat again, is their any relation between the two

Wouldda been great if they were related tho keeping it in the family...also I must retract my earlier statement of Smith being a bad actor...because oh dear the acting in some of the earlier series..oh dear!

Jonnie91":3vc2ilmn said:
Wouldda been great if they were related tho keeping it in the family...also I must retract my earlier statement of Smith being a bad actor...because oh dear the acting in some of the earlier series..oh dear!

Which ones are you talking about? With a lot of the extras - for instance, it's not that their acting is bad per se, but that our conceptions of what television acting should be like has changed since then.

But if you're talking about Adric, go right ahead. :biggrin: Everyone hates Adric. :lol:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.