Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Doctor Who Discussion Thread

mouse (ipod)":alt29tzg said:
Strangely I wasn't that imPressed by the new ePisode, it wasn't very well thought out. It was good, and Watchaboe but it wasn't their beat.

I thought it was a lot better than the last couple of specials - mainly because the writing and camerawork were much much more engaging; some of those lines were pure brilliant, and those shots of the Tardis glowing in the background with it's door ajar are the stuff my inner child's dreams are made of. :3

That said, I was pretty disappointed at the characterization of Kazran Sardick - I just couldn't get invested in Adult!Kazran. Mainly it was the fact that all I could see was this unconvincing and illogical step from "Isolated and lonely as child" or "Heartbroken by lost love" to... well...

[SPOILERS MAY FOLLOW. NOT GOING TO TAG IT, BUT SOME PEEPS MIGHT WANT TO AVOID IT]

This is the thing, in the Dicken's story, the final nail that ensures Scrooge becomes a covetous miser is that he wanted to give the girl he loved all he felt she deserved, but missed the fact that she was more interest in him than what he could do for her: when he lost her, he fell into a pattern of hoarding; he rejected love in favour of the material.

Sardick is willing to let four thousand people die out of apathy - he can't be bothered to turn off a machine for about half an hour. There was nothing in his past that justified this - it wasn't a choice for him, it was just apathy. If there had been something about how it would impact him negatively, lost earnings or something from the machine being deactivated, then I would be more convinced... as it stands, he had nothing to gain or lose - and he even told the Doctor this himself, ignoring any bandage the . He was going to let 4000 people die out of sheer apathy: I could only see him as a complete monster. With his rewritten past, I thought he was gearing up to tell the Doctor that he was going to let them die just to spite him for having the audacity to pull such a stunt - but that ultimately fizzled out.

It was, in my opinion, a very disappointing piece of characterization from Moffat who is usually very good at it.

On a lighter note, combining several of the hints, production spoilers and a bit of light-guess work... I think I know who/what River Song is, and who she killed. :3 :specs: :shades: :smoke:

Hollyoaks. IN SPACE!

Doctor Who’s Amy Pond will fall pregnant in the new series of the hit sci-fi show.

The Time Lord’s companion – played by Karen Gillan – will be elated when she finds out she’s going to be a mum and rushes to tell new husband Rory Williams (Arthur Darvill) the good news.

However, his response isn’t what she expects and things turn sour when Rory starts to suspect the baby isn’t his, and immediately points the finger at the Doctor.

An insider explained: “Amy has been obsessed with the Doc ever since she met him as a child and started making her Raggedy Doctor dolls. She went off in the Tardis with him and left Rory behind.

“Rory is suspicious that maybe the pair got it on in the Tardis with before he finally married Amy. The Doc, of course, denies it’s him.”

However, the titular character – played by Matt Smith – won’t be the only person in the frame as the baby’s father.

Other potential daddies include painter Vincent Van Gogh – who Amy and the Time Lord met during the last series of the BBC One show when he became smitten with the flame-haired female – as well as a Dalek or even an evil Cyberman.

The source added to the Daily Star newspaper: “It leads to a big who’s the daddy plotline.”

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/doct ... -it-rorys/

I'm hoping the last paragraph - and the fact it appeared in the Daily Star are proof that this is nonsense. I mean, it would be an... interesting direction... but No Moffat. Just - just no.

It's good for a laugh though.

Absolutely fantastic episode. A little weird beginning but I guess they'll explain it.

They've sort of... oh, sorry sweetie, spoilers:

...ruined who though, if they don't fix this with some sort of changing the timeline dealie. If the doctor dies in his current form then they can't very well regenerate him with a new actor, can they? I don't imagine Smith will want to do it forever.

River Song said if this event is rewritten, then basically *Things* are going to hit the fan. Obviously, the Doctor is not going to work to his ultimate death by Lake Silencio two hundred years in his future and prematurely ending the programme in his Eleventh incarnation. Someone (Rory?) will rewrite or cause the event to be rewritten.

The net result will be one alive Doctor, knowing he should be dead, with unknown plot-advancing time-wimey horrors going off around him like fireworks because his death has been rewritten and feeling some sense of responsibility for having be prevented from walking to his death and not even being able to blame his companion wholeheartedly for having the audacity to keep him alive.

In conclusion, Things are going to hit the fan.

I have to say the music was FANTASTIC this episode. I hope it continues like that - not to little, and certainly not too much.

The pre-title sequence, when they receive their envelopes, River Song is in Stormcage ("Sir, she's doing it again [beat] She's packing") and I Am The Doctor beings to play...

And the moment the Tardis decloaks in the Oval Office...

And then that subtle little track that accompanied the Silent in the Bathroom...

I had *chills*. I had 'Something Borrowed, Something Blue' chills! :biggrin:

Yeah that's something DW have really got right over other shows (besides perhaps Stargate SG-1), the music. It's really got it's own identity and it works great.

Amy Pond":5qhbymcz said:
Nope, missed that.

I like david tennant but not so much as doctor who. I liked him in casanova and blackpool.

Martha is as annoying as bloody piper.

Yeah - but Piper can act. There's clearly a reason why one of them is inundated with work and the other has vanished off everyone's radar.

And yeah, Tennant has a lot of charisma, especially on screen... I just didn't like Ten.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Nelvana

I like the ideas they had for things to do with Cybermen and K9... Everything else... :barf:

DW Magazine's publishers really screwed up - they've sent out subscriptions *a week* early.

...And you know what that means...

The entire magazine talks candidly about tonight's episodes, including the big twists. Apparently, it is literally 'Open the cover and there's an image of tonight's cliffhanger'. xD

:haha:

I can't wait any more! I'm too excited!!!

Anyone else up for making "You should kill us all on sight" the new rickrol?

I'm going to start with the Royal Wedding: It shall be a horrifying piece of film with a bald washed-out looking creature in a suit, whose parasitic kin have been in positions of power for generations... and then I'll start adding the Silent. ;3

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.