Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Doctor Who Discussion Thread

This is not an obituary before someone goes thinking it is one. This is a goodbye to David Tennant, for those of you who are Doctor Who fans, you know what I'm talking about. For those of you who don't...

Doctor Who is a British Science Fiction Series that had its first run from the 1960s to 1989 when it went on Hiatus. With the exception of an American Produced TV Movie in 1996 with Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Doctor Who did not return to our screens again until 2005, when Christopher Eccleston (Heroes, GI Joe) took up the mantle as the Ninth Doctor. Soon however he passed on the torch and the role was taken over by David Tennant after just one season.

The Doctor is an human-like alien being from the planet Gallifrey, he is a timelord and roughly 900 years old. He never ages, and when he dies, he simply regenerates into a completely new body, with a new personality, new appearance, "new everything really", except he remains with the memories and experiences of the previous Doctor, making him the same person but allowing for each actor to bring about his own new version of The Doctor

Today on January 1st 2010, David "The Tenth Doctor" Tennant, became the most recent actor to vacate the role after four fantastic years playing the beloved character. Many consider Tennant to be the best Doctor there has been, often even beating Tom Baker, the Fourth Doctor, who before the reboot was often considered the fans favourite. Tennant has done a fantastic job with Doctor Who over the last four years and his goodbye, though as drawn out as the ending of The Return of the King, was a grand and emotional journey. I'll be posting my review of Tennant's final episode soon "The End of Time" but here is just a farewell to David Tennant, any fans of Doctor Who are welcome to share your thoughts on the end of this grand era and your favourite memories of the Tenth Doctor... Allons-y!

David Tennant is the only Doctor I know of from that show, and I adored him. He was funny, quirky, and he was probably the reason I started watching and loving that show. :) Since I moved and can't watch TV at the moment, I haven't seen any recent episodes of him - but once I heard that they are getting a new doctor I was actually quite sad. :/

candle

Sponsor

Here's to hoping the eleventh Doctor is just as good. Maybe wyatt can tell us, that is if he makes an appearance in Tennant's last episode. I'm pretty sure wyatt is a Whovian.

No more tennant, no more donna :(

also, the new doctor sounds like a pubescent twerp and they had better not ruin it

(they are asspulling some daleks and the stone angels and I think I saw river song??? so yeah idk)

DW405-0009.png

We had the best of times :cry: :cry:

Is it me or does this new doctor have funky looking hairstyle? o.O I dunno, he looks kind of weird. I guess it's a good thing that I can't watch Doctor Who anymore. It'd probably seem... different. XD

I had an immense dislike for Matt Smith when I first heard about him. However I can't help but love him him after five seconds, although I'm not sure about "Geronimo!"

Steven Moffat though as head writer is gonna be awesome though. For those of you who don't know he's written the best episodes of Doctor Who the past five years, in fact he's actually won the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation Short Form three years running for "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances", "The Girl in the Fireplace" and "Blink", he was also nominated this year for "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead" but lost out to Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog by Joss Whedon (Creator of Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse). Moffat also wrote the first of the Tin-Tin movies to be directed by Speilberg and Produced by Peter Jackson, apparently he was "love bombed" into writing them for them, which goes to show he is clearly a great writer.

Petros":133tirrp said:
Steven Moffat though as head writer is gonna be awesome though. For those of you who don't know he's written the best episodes of Doctor Who the past five years, in fact he's actually won the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation Short Form three years running for "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances", "The Girl in the Fireplace" and "Blink", he was also nominated this year for "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead" but lost out to Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog by Joss Whedon (Creator of Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse). Moffat also wrote the first of the Tin-Tin movies to be directed by Speilberg and Produced by Peter Jackson, apparently he was "love bombed" into writing them for them, which goes to show he is clearly a great writer.

Who turned out the light?

The person you are looking for is no longer in the library.

*wets bed* :dead:

Moffat is great: he actually writes plots - with resolutions! I mean, I know it's DW, but there is only so many times you can watch a Russell T. Davis episode which is forty minutes action, and then five minutes deus ex machina: This is what destroyed Series Four - "Turn Left", Wonderful! "The Stolen Earth", epic: the best thing on TV since forever. "Journey's End", wtf?!

Are you my mummy?
Are you my mummy?

Don't even blink! Blink and your dead. Not for a second, don't turn your back, don't look away, don't Blink.

Yeah Moffat is a great writer, but there's something I do fear a little was that Russel T. Davies and Steven Moffat were a great combination, Davies was sentimental and light hearted, Moffat was dark and mysterious. I think that's why David Tennant's tenure was so brilliant.

Have you heard? THE WEEPING ANGELS ARE COMING BACK!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNstR3PKpdo&feature=fvw

Doctor Who tribute: See how far you can get without :cry: ing.

(I got as far as the [brilliant] bit with Astrid.)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.