Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Version 2.8! CTB by Charlie Lee (v2.8) - aka a FFX like Battle System

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it doesn't work properly. I'm working on a patch for the Multi-slot script.
At the present time i resolved an issue for multi attack weapons, but i don't know all the features of the Multi-slot script. If there's someone, with a fair knowledge of Multi-slot and a little experience in testing, who is willing to collaborate, send me a PM and I'll hand him/her a test project.

Besides, there's also some incompatibility between Multi-slot and Skills Learning System, but this will be addressed later.

Atse

i know
that's way, i disabled the multi attack from guillaume777's Multi Slot
and if you wanna have a "multi attack" script, you can use Blizzard's Multi-Hit Add-On script.... it works fine with me;by using guillaume777's Multi Slot (+ edited), Charlie Lee 's Enhanced Weapon Script & Blizzard Add-ons 6.02a

err... is the problem only for multi-attack?

what's the main problem with skill learning? can u specify?

I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but i can say the SLS seems to work properly only with weapons equipped in the default slots. More details later.

IMPORTANT
I have just reuploaded the demo, due to a bug fix in the Skills Learning System.
You don't need to re-import everything though, only the script page entitled Skills Learning System.

Something wrong when use with Grouping-n-Details script. The TECHNIQUE window is displayed together with the actor's infos window. Can you remove this technique window for me? Because I don't need it.

Hi there, i really like this system but would it be possible to add (Actor Name) In a box on that turn thing, if you dont want to use pictures?
Also could you put a bit more spacing in between characters? (Like in final fantasy 5)

Thanks

RyanAllen

RyanAllen":qz57orcm said:
Hi there, i really like this system but would it be possible to add (Actor Name) In a box on that turn thing, if you dont want to use pictures?
Yes, you can do it from the configuration.
Change these to false:
Code:
TURN_USE_PICTURES=true          # Use pictures for the party actors
TURN_USE_PICTURES_ENEMIES=true  # Use pictures for the enemies

RyanAllen":qz57orcm said:
Also could you put a bit more spacing in between characters? (Like in final fantasy 5)
It's an Animated Battlers issue. My system doesn't manage the battlers' positions. Please read the FAQs.

Charlie Lee":345x01qs said:
RyanAllen":345x01qs said:
Yes, you can do it from the configuration.
Change these to false:
Code:
TURN_USE_PICTURES=true          # Use pictures for the party actors
TURN_USE_PICTURES_ENEMIES=true  # Use pictures for the enemies

RyanAllen":345x01qs said:
It's an Animated Battlers issue. My system doesn't manage the battlers' positions. Please read the FAQs.

I have ready the faqs and it told me to change the Formation Max Height but i don't know how to do that ;_;

Also, i have a problem with the skills not showing up in the command window in battle and my characters have some skills. How do i fix it? >_<; And i want to use a different window skin but when i try to go into a fight after changing that 001.black.red? I get an error that it wasnt found and it closes the game.

Use a script command in some autorun/parallel_process event with "$formation_max_height=<some value>".

All the skills must be assigned a category. If you want a simple "Skill" category, use an element CMD Skill and set that element for your skills. Read  "Instructions for the Configuration of Individual Battle Commands" in the first post.

That's not the windowskin for the whole battle system, use the database for this.

What's the chances of a RMVX translation?  I'd REALLY like this, especially seeing the default battle system is carp.  Even more fishy than XP's  :wink:.

[off-topic]The mapping system is really wierd too.[/off-topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.