Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Version 2.8! CTB by Charlie Lee (v2.8) - aka a FFX like Battle System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Lee":225enad9 said:
Forsaken_Shadow":225enad9 said:
Ok I fixed that, is there anyway to fix the position of the character?

Just added to the FAQs.

Uhm, can you be more specific with that? What's the default height and width?
Do I need to put it like "$formation_max_height = 40"? Or "$formation_max_height40"..or whatever.
And do I need to put the script in the battle or randomly in an event?

Sorry for the questions, but it's practicly the only problem I'm currently having.

@Charlee Lee: If I had some knowledge of RGSS, I might be able to help you.  Maybe I should try learning that too.  If I could find a nice IDE that would help.

lol, nevermind I got it. I guess all it needed was a bit of logic...something I lack.

..One more question, is it possible to use default enemies without having to turn off the animated battlers script?

Hi, I'd like to change the status to the way it was like in ver 2.4, but I know nothing about scripts, so can somebody help me? =)

It's great battle script. I want to use it in my game, but I don't know, do I have to just copy the scripts from "*** ADD ONs ***" to "Scene Shop Add-On", or are there some edited basic scripts, and I must copy something more?

@Sailerius: you can put your custom images for the turns (they are not derived by the system from the faces' pictures) and you can also set the height of each image from the configuration in order to have your preferred aspect ratio.

@PewnyPL
No, the basic scripts are not edited, you just need those you said.
But it's not over yet :)

1. You have to copy all the non-default elements and states. It's possible to change some names and adjust the configuration accordingly (that was added in case of name conflicts with other scripts) but you shouldn't need it.
2. Tag all the skills with one "CMD name" element or you won't be able to access the skill.
3. Copy and paste the common events.
4. Follow the instructions in the first post.

given how similar this is to FFX, is there any chance of a party switching function?  I'm more a fan of the idea of switching out party members than just having a large group (especially since characters will usually have more defined roles in a party when they can be alternated with ease)  I am a total amateur when it comes to scripting, so forgive me if this sounds like a dumb idea

Charlie, I;m now curious, for start I copied just scripts and nothing more, the cript didn't worked, i starteg copying more, It didn't worked. When I copied all it started working. So, I'm just curious: what is the thing, that trigers this script instead of the normal one?

EDIT:
Strange, I deleted everything added from database (leaved only scripts) and it is still working O_o
Can it be, that i had to SAVE project before script could execute? (I'm n00b at this)

Hi

I'm new to RPG Maker XP, and have been very interested in this script. I put it in, and, after playing around with the animated battlers, got everything to work. However, recently, the system started to crash whenever it was the turn of a player, with the message:

Script 'CTB by Charlie - Windows' line 266:ArgumentError occurred.

wrong number of arguments(4 for 3)

I have no idea why this happened. All I've done recently is add faces, and Raziel's battle report script. I thought the new script had something to do with it, but, upon placing the script in your demo, everything worked fine. I also took out the faces, and even re-added that part of the script, but I still get this error.

Can anyone help me? I greatly appreciate it.

PewnyPL":20hlix03 said:
Charlie, I;m now curious, for start I copied just scripts and nothing more, the cript didn't worked, i starteg copying more, It didn't worked. When I copied all it started working. So, I'm just curious: what is the thing, that trigers this script instead of the normal one?

EDIT:
Strange, I deleted everything added from database (leaved only scripts) and it is still working O_o
Can it be, that i had to SAVE project before script could execute? (I'm n00b at this)
I don't have an intelligent answer for this...

@maneatinglizard: start it over with a clean demo and check if you get that error after every addition you make. When you get it, tell me what was the last addition.

Never mind, I got it working. However, I was wondering if you knew how to make it so that the victory poses would appear before the battle report window does?

Thanks for your help.

Tsetra

Hello, first and foremost I just want to toss my thanks into the sea of gratitude on here. This is one snazzy battle system and it plays wonderfully even with a boatload of other scripts working along with it.

The only question I have probably has a simple answer, but I couldn't find it in this topic or in your script anywhere. I just want to restore the initial battle options that display "Fight" and "Escape", as I plan on using a script that requires these options to be shown. Thanks in advance to anyone who can tell me where this is re-enabled, and thanks again for the wonderful CTB!  :thumb:

Updated with version 2.7

New features:
v2.7 New skills Drain and Aspire, with different colors and damage sprite animation for SP and HP loss and gain.
v2.7 Support for multi-attack weapons (if you are using Multi-Slot by Guillame777).
v2.7 Two Status battle styles available.
v2.7 Configurable filling speed for the SuperArt points bar.
v2.7 New skill Demi: halves the target's HP.

The Battle Status style 1 introduces a limit to max 6 characters due to space issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.