Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Version 2.8! CTB by Charlie Lee (v2.8) - aka a FFX like Battle System

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Nope, I disabled it.
2. Okay, I figured as such.

Few more questions (hope you don't mine =P)

3. Can you force there to only be 3 heroes per battle? (Including the switch in/out if it's included).
4. May you be able to make each monster's Hp/Sp shown (Like so : 2330/3300HP 201/433SP (or something similar, as long as it's not bars)) when they are highlighted?

Thanks again.
-Krobe

1. Could you post a screen? Because i don't get what exactly your problem is.
3. The limit for this BS is 8. But if you only have three characters i can't see the problem, aside from some graphics which are designed to accomodate 8 chars.
4. Would a simple edit to the help bar be enough?

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/Razmazter/FFScreeny.png[/img]
As you can see, they are on top of each other. (Don't mind the lack of faces =P) And that's another reason why I would prefer to have only 3 characters out at a time.

3. (BS? Uhh... I'm just guessing but... you mean Bull.. I mean battle system yea? xD) Anyway, I would prefer if theres only 3 characters out at a time, and more for reserve switching out, if that's possible of course.

4. Perhaps, will it show numbers? o.o

Thanks again for minding my lack of scripting knowledge =P
-Krobe

1. From what i can see the positions are still determined by Animated Battlers, you disabled the animation part but the script is there. If you want custom positions you can add a piece of code like this:

Code:
class Game_Actor
  def screen_x
    positions=[420,450,480,510]
    return positions[self.index]
  end
  def screen_y
    positions=[200,280,360,440]
    return positions[self.index]
  end
end

after all the scripts of Animated Battlers and play with the values.

3. I'm sorry i'm not going to implement that feature. No offense, but i always found weird that some characters can abandon the battle field while their companions are fighting... where the hell do they go??? :)

4. If that's enough you can add this
Code:
class Window_Help
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Set Enemy
  #     enemy : name and status displaying enemy
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def set_enemy(enemy)
    text = enemy.name+" "+enemy.hp.to_s+"/"+enemy.maxhp.to_s
    state_text = make_battler_state_text(enemy, 112, false)
    if state_text != ""
      text += "  " + state_text
    end
    set_text(text, 1)
  end
end

above main.

1. When I added that, it gave me an error on the third line, "Line 3 Name error occurred. Undefined local variable or method 'positions' for #<game_Actor:0x169c5e8>".

3. Lol, point taken, but they did need to rest yea? (Although no additional advancements took place when they came back haha).

4. That also gave me an error. "Line 13 syntax error" Which, for some reason, is the 'end' line O.o.

-Krobe

Hey, Charlie. I was wondering if you could release your individual battle command script that compatible with RMXP default battle system. I'm kinda need it for my game that uses Rye. jp Sideview CBS.

There's an individual battle commands script already. I think Trickster made it. However i guess i'll release a stand alone version of mine soon or later.

EDIT: done.

Updated with version 2.6.
New features:

v2.6 Curative skills do not depend on target's int.
v2.6 It's possible to tag selected skills so that they cannot be reflected.
v2.6 Redesigned, floating and more essential status-on-battle window.
v2.6 Display of skills grouped by category in the Skills Menu can be disabled from the configuration.
v2.6 Support for images of the enemies in the turn window.
v2.6 Skills Learning System version 1.7 included.

Charlie, you truly are 'tha man' lol That problem that I was discussing with you before has gone now, thanks a bunch for the new upload! :D

plot

Hi, is there anyway to make it compatible with guillaume777's Multi Slot?

I tried many ways but it always shows error =S

Mirku

Sponsor

Yeah I'd also like compatability with Multi-slot, then this would be the most super awesome special super duper ultra mega happy funny great scotty mac filhfesh battle system ever!(try saying that 5 times in a row)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.