Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Sideview Battle System

any 1 plz i am new at rpgmaker and i got rpg maker vx and need help
how do i make side view (i read and got confused)
also how do i change the title page
last how would i make a story line plot 

plz help

alright i don't know if it's something noobish or what but every time i try to use side battle system the enemy's are always in the default position and iv tries 3 different side battle systems and its always the same iv tried making new projects and trying the scripts there aswell but i cant seem to get the enemy's to move to where they should be if anyone knows why this is happening i would greatly appreciate it here is a screen shot

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd13 ... apshot.png[/img]

lensmark2":2vomg18k said:
alright i don't know if it's something noobish or what but every time i try to use side battle system the enemy's are always in the default position and iv tries 3 different side battle systems and its always the same iv tried making new projects and trying the scripts there aswell but i cant seem to get the enemy's to move to where they should be if anyone knows why this is happening i would greatly appreciate it here is a screen shot

In your database, go to the "Troops" tab.  Here is all the possible encounters and how the enemies are positioned.  Drag them to where you want them.

Hi, thanks a lot for posting up the script, was very excited to use.

However, when I try to play test it, I get this error message. Please understand I have no knowledge of scripting whatsoever, so I was just trying to go off of what everyone said in this thread.

-Unable to find Graphics/Characters/shadow01.-

That was the error I received. 

I have three lines of script, identical to the demo. I copied and pasted the translations Kylock did over Sideview Config and Sideview 1. Pretty positive I have all of that right.

Don't understand why I wouldn't have the graphic, then again I don't understand scripting. :)

I think it's probably a simple answer that someone could fire off to me, if that's the case, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Skaithe":pjrx3q78 said:

However, when I try to play test it, I get this error message. Please understand I have no knowledge of scripting whatsoever, so I was just trying to go off of what everyone said in this thread.

I have three lines of script, identical to the demo. I copied and pasted the translations Kylock did over Sideview Config and Sideview 1. Pretty positive I have all of that right.

Don't understand why I wouldn't have the graphic, then again I don't understand scripting. :)

I think it's probably a simple answer that someone could fire off to me, if that's the case, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Download the demo and export Shadows 00 and 01 and then import them into your game. I am experiencing my own problems but I atleast know this.

Skaithe":2w5n51gn said:

i had the same problem but it said evil 1 not shadow 1

Vathic":1kjuvxoy said:
Skaithe":1kjuvxoy said:

Download the demo and export Shadows 00 and 01 and then import them into your game. I am experiencing my own problems but I atleast know this.

Much appreciated. I will give it a try. I feel sort of foolish now since I've been importing/exporting other things, dunno why I didn't think of that. heh

Heh, now the battle initiates, I appreciate it.

New problem though...

After battle starts it begins cycling through all the actor1 graphics. Actually, not all of them, just the top four sprites. I'm guessing that's because I would need to edit it(the sprites) and somehow make a separate file for the specific character I want to use in battle(instead of having 8 different sprites on one file)?

This is actually making me want to learn scripting now. :D

Thanks in advance to any advice!

Mikano

Kylock":3aphylje said:
DestinMancer":3aphylje said:
I hate when the game freezes after one attack. How do I fix it?
I looked at your screenshot.  You might be missing a script.  This is a 3-part script.  Look at my demo, or the demo in the original post and make sure you have all 3 parts.

@ Mikano: I reread your post and understand your question now.  My Answer: Why would I re-translate 1.7 ?  Go away.

No need to be so ignorant man, I pasted your scripts into my game and also the 2.4 third part, Believe it or not, I'm not dumb and all I ask is why it freezes after one attack lol. Also the special attacks don't work.

Guess your just ignorant to the fact your translation isn't perfect, too bad.

Skaithe.. use files with $ before their name. the $ allows the single sheet to work perfectly in overworld map and the battle Also the icons won't mess up like when you use the ones in the actor1 actor2  and actor3 files.

Vathic":1naa7cjj said:
Skaithe.. use files with $ before their name. the $ allows the single sheet to work perfectly in overworld map and the battle Also the icons won't mess up like when you use the ones in the actor1 actor2  and actor3 files.

Thanks, Vathic...but there are only 4, none of those models will be used in my game. Is there any way you could point me to a thread that can tell me how to make files with $ in their name? That way I can modify the ones I'm using?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry but right there I can not be of any help. Sorry lol... I have my own problems with this system as I stated @_@ frankly very irritating :ssj:

Mikano":irrz04l7 said:
No need to be so ignorant man, I pasted your scripts into my game and also the 2.4 third part, Believe it or not, I'm not dumb and all I ask is why it freezes after one attack lol. Also the special attacks don't work.

Guess your just ignorant to the fact your translation isn't perfect, too bad.

I posted a demo so that you can see that it DOES work.  If you are the one failing to make it work, don't be the one calling others ignorant. 

To keep this on topic, I'll offer you some support:  If the translation doesn't work for you, use the original.

Skaithe":206ys1lx said:
Vathic":206ys1lx said:

Thanks, Vathic...but there are only 4, none of those models will be used in my game. Is there any way you could point me to a thread that can tell me how to make files with $ in their name? That way I can modify the ones I'm using?

Thanks a lot.

...Right click-->Rename-->Add a $ in front of the name-->Import it back in.

Zarikashi":1n3cflk0 said:
Skaithe":1n3cflk0 said:
Vathic":1n3cflk0 said:

Thanks a lot.

...Right click-->Rename-->Add a $ in front of the name-->Import it back in.

Heh, the obvious solutions make me feel preeeetty stupid =D

Although, I guess I would still need to modify the file itself though, no? By making it only one sprite before naming it that, instead of 8 of them in one?

Sorry to keep posting in this thread. >_< I think the rest of my questions with this issue are now sprite related and not script related. I'm gonna take it to the appropriate forum. Thanks to all for helping out a rookie.

now.. I need my own help with the thing. I am wanting it to be like the system in the youtube video but am experiencing alot of trouble. Any help on that issue?

Vathic":17fne4d9 said:
now.. I need my own help with the thing. I am wanting it to be like the system in the youtube video but am experiencing alot of trouble. Any help on that issue?

I'm with stupid ^^
(i realy need help also that why i said that i read every thing and now i'm lost help!!)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.