Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Sideview Battle System

knows some one how i can make a dual skill?
so that two player attack the monster at the same time how in the video`?

*edit*
I know already!

I'm using v2.2 and so far the only bugs are that dual and triple hit don't work, they just hit once.
and another bug is that when I use the enemy transform command, it doesn't change its graphic, it changes its paramerers and stuff, but the graphic stays the same...
EDIT: yay! version 2.4 fixes the enemy transform bug, now they just have to fix the dual and triple hit.

New English translated version 2.4!!  I used WolfwoodSama's as a base and translated a bit more, and re-translated other portions (after looking at the code, a few things were more "explainable").  I am posting the code for the First two portions of the script, there is no need to replace the third script.  I would still suggest using the demo game as a base as it has all the corresponding database entries to the defaults set up in the script as well as image resources that the script calls for.

Also have code to get Minkoff's Animated Battlers working in your Sideview Battle System. (see below)
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc308/kylock1/ss2.jpg[/img]
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc30 ... k1/ss1.jpg[/img]
Credits and translator notes are in the script.

Don't expect me to support this script, it's not my code, that's about all I have as far as disclaimers go.

Have fun!

Part 1: Sideview Settings Module
SBS_MOD.txt
Part 2: Sideview BS 1
SBS_1.txt

To use Minkoff's Animated Battlers, change to these settings in your module script:
Code:
  ACTOR_POSITION = [[400,100],[430,150],[460,200],[490,250]]
  WALK_ANIME = false
  ANIME_PATTERN = 4
  ANIME_KIND = 11
And just copy paste this over top of whats in the script:
Code:
  "Wait"                 => [ 1,    0,    15,     0,     0,    -1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Wait (Fixed)"         => [ 1,    0,    10,     2,     0,     1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Right (Fixed)"        => [ 1,    5,    10,     1,     2,     1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Damage"               => [ 1,    9,     4,     2,     0,    -1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Attack Fail"          => [ 1,    1,    10,     1,     8,     0,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Move To"              => [ 1,    4,     1,     1,     0,    -1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Move Away"            => [ 1,    5,     2,     1,     0,    -1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Above Display"        => [ 1,    0,     2,     1,     0,    -1,   600,   true,   "" ],
  "WPN Swing Vertical"   => [ 1,    6,     1,     2,     0,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
  "WPN Swing Vertical L" => [ 1,    6,     1,     2,     0,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
  "WPN Swing Vertical S" => [ 1,    6,     6,     2,     0,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
  "WPN Under Swing"      => [ 1,    6,     2,     2,     0,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
  "WPN Over Swing"       => [ 1,    6,     2,     2,     0,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
  "Weapon Raise"         => [ 1,    11,     2,     2,    28,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
I also suggest using SHADOW = false since most battlers have shadows drawn into them, but this is not required to make them work.

Mikano

Kylock":2n2ayxks said:
New English translated version 2.4!!  I used WolfwoodSama's as a base and translated a bit more, and re-translated other portions (after looking at the code, a few things were more "explainable").  I am posting the code for the First two portions of the script, there is no need to replace the third script.  I would still suggest using the demo game as a base as it has all the corresponding database entries to the defaults set up in the script as well as image resources that the script calls for.

Also have code to get Minkoff's Animated Battlers working in your Sideview Battle System. (see below)
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc308/kylock1/ss2.jpg[/img]
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc30 ... k1/ss1.jpg[/img]
Credits and translator notes are in the script.

Don't expect me to support this script, it's not my code, that's about all I have as far as disclaimers go.

Have fun!

Part 1: Sideview Settings Module
SBS_MOD.txt
Part 2: Sideview BS 1
SBS_1.txt

To use Minkoff's Animated Battlers, change to these settings in your module script:
Code:
  ACTOR_POSITION = [[400,100],[430,150],[460,200],[490,250]]
  WALK_ANIME = false
  ANIME_PATTERN = 4
  ANIME_KIND = 11
And just copy paste this over top of whats in the script:
Code:
  "Wait"                 => [ 1,    0,    15,     0,     0,    -1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Wait (Fixed)"         => [ 1,    0,    10,     2,     0,     1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Right (Fixed)"        => [ 1,    5,    10,     1,     2,     1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Damage"               => [ 1,    9,     4,     2,     0,    -1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Attack Fail"          => [ 1,    1,    10,     1,     8,     0,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Move To"              => [ 1,    4,     1,     1,     0,    -1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Move Away"            => [ 1,    5,     2,     1,     0,    -1,     0,   true,   "" ],
  "Above Display"        => [ 1,    0,     2,     1,     0,    -1,   600,   true,   "" ],
  "WPN Swing Vertical"   => [ 1,    6,     1,     2,     0,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
  "WPN Swing Vertical L" => [ 1,    6,     1,     2,     0,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
  "WPN Swing Vertical S" => [ 1,    6,     6,     2,     0,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
  "WPN Under Swing"      => [ 1,    6,     2,     2,     0,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
  "WPN Over Swing"       => [ 1,    6,     2,     2,     0,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
  "Weapon Raise"         => [ 1,    11,     2,     2,    28,    -1,     2,   true,   ""],
I also suggest using SHADOW = false since most battlers have shadows drawn into them, but this is not required to make them work.

This doesn't work because you need to translate the third part. Honestly, it just doesn't work :P After one attack it doesn't know what to do and stalls forever :P

Third part would be nice :)

Appreciate the first and second part tho :D

Well, I didn't plan to support the script itself, but maybe I didn't make the setup itself clear enough for everyone.  Replace the original first two scripts with the scripts in my post.  The third script contains no strings pertinent to the code, therefore there is no need to translate it at all.  For people who just "can't figure it out"  here is a working demo.

SBS with animated Battlers DEMO

I made this with the original thought people had the script already working in their games, therefore it is only necessary to copy/paste the first two scripts over top of what you already have.  If you are just installing the battle system from only my post, you fail.  There are graphics included in the original demo file that are not available in my post.

Now that there is a working demo, you should be able to make your game work.

i know i may be kind of annoying by now but is it possible to keep the old school battlers instead of minkoff's battlers in your demo you just posted, tanks for the demo by the way?

Gekko State":3pfml8w5 said:
i know i may be kind of annoying by now but is it possible to keep the old school battlers instead of minkoff's battlers in your demo you just posted, tanks for the demo by the way?

Replace the first script with the original translated version. (settings script)

kylock please make it be a way so I can have animated enemy battlers too, just like the characters in your demo. and if you could post a zip of that would be great  :smile: :smile:

Mikano

Kylock":1bbgh9qz said:
Well, I didn't plan to support the script itself, but maybe I didn't make the setup itself clear enough for everyone.  Replace the original first two scripts with the scripts in my post.  The third script contains no strings pertinent to the code, therefore there is no need to translate it at all.  For people who just "can't figure it out"  here is a working demo.

SBS with animated Battlers DEMO

I made this with the original thought people had the script already working in their games, therefore it is only necessary to copy/paste the first two scripts over top of what you already have.  If you are just installing the battle system from only my post, you fail.  There are graphics included in the original demo file that are not available in my post.

Now that there is a working demo, you should be able to make your game work.

When you say this is 2.4 translated? Is it the actual 2.4 translation OR your 2.4 translation OF 1.7?

roosterkin123":w0nc5x2t said:
kylock please make it be a way so I can have animated enemy battlers too, just like the characters in your demo. and if you could post a zip of that would be great

I only translated the script.  If you want to add functionality, I'd suggest making a thread in the scripts requests.  I apologize, but I don't have the time to do such a thing at present.

Mikano":w0nc5x2t said:
When you say this is 2.4 translated? Is it the actual 2.4 translation OR your 2.4 translation OF 1.7?

I don't even know what a "2.4 translation OF 1.7" would look like.  What a weird an inane question.
If you would read the header of the script, you'll see where I explained that I translated 2.4 by using the original 1.7 as a reference, babelfish and examining the code to better translate the comments.  I did this so that people can customize the script for their own games. - No, that's not entirely accurate.  I did it because I wanted to use the script myself.  I only made this public so that my 6 hours of work could maybe benefit some other people.  If you absolutely need to know what it is - and want proof verifiable by yourself, get a copy of 1.7 and 2.4 for yourself and compare the code.  You don't need to know anything at all about ruby or rgss to do that.

DestinMancer":73jbsj65 said:
I hate when the game freezes after one attack. How do I fix it?
I looked at your screenshot.  You might be missing a script.  This is a 3-part script.  Look at my demo, or the demo in the original post and make sure you have all 3 parts.

@ Mikano: I reread your post and understand your question now.  My Answer: Why would I re-translate 1.7 ?  Go away.

I fixed the problem, however I am using the KGC script which shows character faces and status on top during battle, however, the menu with the faces remain even if the turn ends. How might I be able to fix it. It works perfectly other than that problem.

DestinMancer":1ylb11a4 said:
I fixed the problem, however I am using the KGC script which shows character faces and status on top during battle, however, the menu with the faces remain even if the turn ends. How might I be able to fix it. It works perfectly other than that problem.

Yeah, this battle system rewrites much of the vx battle system - this makes script compatibility hard.  Put in a script request to see if someone has the time to fix it for you, until then, I guess you just need to pick between these two scripts.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.