Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Sideview Battle System

Craybest if you notice around line 1274 of the first script there will be class skill with number 84-104, I know skill 84 is a throwing skill.  You have to experiment with the rest to see what they do.

Yeah, I found that too, but I didn't thought it was what I was looking for because it just made it return some text (between the " "')
now I have to learn to create NEW movements, if its possible. I think it's the part in lines 166+ of the first script.
Thanx anyway!

Taylor

Sponsor

Surely there is a way to make flying enemies bob up and down, or at least remove the shadow if "Levitate" is active... this system doesn't seem to have it. I thought it did. o.o;

Doesn't the default system make flying/"levitate" enemies bob up and down?

Translation of how ANIME works is still kinda needed. But if you search for "44" you can change the skill casting animation. But it appears many skills have their own animations e.g boomerang sword, which can only be customised if you know Japanese.

Cool Athough it does not work for me...it gives me some kinda of error saying can not find....something....charecters...battlers...

you have to manually set a graphic for all the heroes (the single person charsets with funky names) and to the blank event on the map too. that's how I made it work...
now how do I set a battle background? haven't been able to find that option yet, or maybe it isn't in the script?

As of now someone is working on a full translation for the latest release, should be out within a month.  There is currently no full translation.

This battle system is shaping up to be a lot like cybersams RMXP battle system.
Now if only i could set the battlers so they would stop running right up onto the enemys to attack, id like it more if they just moved forward a little like they do with spells.
I hope this thing gets a total translation soon so i can make some adjustments to how it works.

Nachos

Sponsor

Well.. that was.. offtopic..^^

[quote author=xephyr14 link=topic=42117.msg410554#msg410554 date=1206207948

Code:
 POP_DAMAGE0 = "Whoa!"  # ダメージã

mdavis901":2ffarv12 said:
why is it that when my enemies hit me it shows the protect animation.  which line do i fix this on? :down:

do you have a animation on animation 082 in the database? if you do try deleting it, worked for me when that happened

List of new complaints:
1)no hit 2 ranom enemies,or hit twice,or 3 random enemies
2)every single skill is shown as a spell.
Someone please help. :sad:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.