Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Sideview Battle System

Taylor

Sponsor

Yeah, could someone translate the configuration? I can understand the first part, but what is the ANIME section for? I don't understand what it's for, and it's too much to Babelfish-translate without nerfing the indenting and paragraphing...

Where do I set up a battle background? I assume this has that feature from that second screen. :eek:
(Hmm... if this uses character sets, we could duplicate the White Ties-battle-system-using character-sets in VX! XD)

Hm... I can't find the where it would have the word "Guard" or something of the like pop up when a character defends.  Anyone have any idea where it could be?

Yazus

atemu, even i i'm searching the string to modify the guard message but i can't find it
:S sorry if i couldn't be of help

I found it line 526 of sideview 2

@help_window.set_text("(japanese symbols)", 1)

change to

@help_window.set_text("Guard", 1)

:wink:

Taylor

Sponsor

Escape and Observe Battle probably also are different. Guess we gotta just search for ' " ' (yes the speech mark) in the script. Heheh. XD

Jirbytaylor":1mql9xge said:
Escape and Observe Battle probably also are different. Guess we gotta just search for ' " ' (yes the speech mark) in the script. Heheh. XD

I don't understand if you put the script in the english vx the escape is translated

and whats observe battle ?

I've noticed that the enemy doesn't "not take action" unless you put it in that they do so.  I'm glad they fixed that bug.

But in regards to that, isn't that handled in the vocab?

Does anybody know how to create projectile weapons or thrown weapons, it looks kind of weird with my guys hitting an enemy with a bow like it was a club or something. I'm using version 2.2, any help would be appreciated.

This is Beautiful, I say.

I'm thinking on makin' some battlers for this, Since I've always..Wanted to? >.<, Well, with my brothers Ripping and my (MAAYBE, only MAAYBE) spriting....
Yeah you get the Idea :)
Anyways, thank you for this System, Its very impressive. *Smiles* Thank you :)

I can't play it, it opens the game but then an error message appears
something like it can't find a file:
"????????System/graphic/character/$?????? "
but there are files in the characters section...
any ideas?
EDIT: nevermind, there was an event that had no graphic, I just had to set it to a different graphic.

yeah, that's what I did, it's working fine now, now I just have to understand where to set up the special skills... (the ones where the character jumps or the double techs, or stuff like that)
so far I haven't found where it is.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.