Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Sideview Battle System

Alright, I finally got the basics working. Just had to crop a single sprite with photoshop and put $ in front of the filename, then assign it to the appropriate actor.

Graphics work fine...only issues now are that close range bow attack and dual-techs.

Thanks for the script, will be on the lookout for improvements!

Guys i really need your help, 1st, im really confused with my animation, like i set up a slash/fire animation in the database and when i test it out, its still the normal animation and what really pissed me off was it always shows a wrong animation. HELP ME!!!! how do i define the animation for the skills in the script.

Mikano

Kylock":gtr0yflf said:
Mikano":gtr0yflf said:
No need to be so ignorant man, I pasted your scripts into my game and also the 2.4 third part, Believe it or not, I'm not dumb and all I ask is why it freezes after one attack lol. Also the special attacks don't work.

Guess your just ignorant to the fact your translation isn't perfect, too bad.

I posted a demo so that you can see that it DOES work.  If you are the one failing to make it work, don't be the one calling others ignorant. 

To keep this on topic, I'll offer you some support:  If the translation doesn't work for you, use the original.

I'm gonna stick by my guns and say, when I paste your script into the ORIGINAL 2.4 sideview demo the special attacks don't work.

I'm also gonna say that when I insert the special attacks into the database on YOUR demo, exactly how they are in the 2.4 original demo, they don't work.

I'm also gonna say, don't insult my intelligence, try this for yourself, THEN release it.

ok i got confused on what i wonted ( just the side view) i went to another site and got it in english so i think i will give it to you be happy :lol:
sideview_formation
Code:
#==============================================================================
# â–  VX-RGSS2-6 サイドビュー戦闘[Formation] [Ver.1.0.1]       by Claimh
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# English Translation By: Elemental Crisis [http://www.rpgcrisis.net]
#  Actor location [Formation]
#  The same amount of damage will be given regardless of formation setup.
#==============================================================================

module Battle_Formation
  # [Formation Setup]
  #   $game_system.battle_formation = Formation ID
  #   It’s possible to change the formation (Even an event script is possible).
  FORM = {
    # Formation ID => [[Member 1 xã€

Mikano":jdf51kkd said:
I'm gonna stick by my guns and say, when I paste your script into the ORIGINAL 2.4 sideview demo the special attacks don't work.

I'm also gonna say that when I insert the special attacks into the database on YOUR demo, exactly how they are in the 2.4 original demo, they don't work.

I'm also gonna say, don't insult my intelligence, try this for yourself, THEN release it.

I have just now tested a few special moves I'm not using yet in my own game (such as Friend Throw).  I have found a fundamental flaw in Wolfwoodsama's original translation for the actions of the 2- and 4-man moves specifically.  If these errors are abundant in the remaining moves and actions, then I fear I don't have enough time to properly translate this to completion anytime soon.  Use the original for now if you ABSOLUTELY need to have special moves.

I will fix it when I have time.

Mikano:  Instead of calling me ignorant and telling me "it doesn't work", maybe post exactly what you are doing and your error message.  Your confrontationalism is totally uncalled for.

Tigeruler: That is not the same script.  At all.  I would suggest you start a new thread for that.

Kylock I know this is probably a noobish question, but after I install your script, (got it from the demo then replaced the first part with the normal side view battlers script) Now how do I make it so my characters can do the special moves it says in the script like Ally throw?

Yazus

guys this topic is menat to be only for the sozay svbs if you want help or support for another script then create a new topic please, or i'll start to report to mod

Piratekon":fim586tp said:
Kylock I know this is probably a noobish question, but after I install your script, (got it from the demo then replaced the first part with the normal side view battlers script) Now how do I make it so my characters can do the special moves it says in the script like Ally throw?

To use the special moves, you need the proper corresponding entries in the database to make the script "work".
I'm working correcting some original translations that cause some of the special abilities not to work as well as a demo game with a translated database.  I also have a working script addon that accounts for ranged weapons such as bows, wands, and things like that.  If I release what I have so far, I fear people will have more problems than I have time to help with, so just be patient - as soon as I have a completely working and translated database, I'll post it - along with my addon script.

For now, I suggest using the original 2.4 and playtesting your game with that - but rest assured that I'll hook you guys up in the next few days, or tonight if I pull some late night time out of my ass.

Update 4/23/2008 - 4:40pm EST
I am completely finished translating the database and have a working demo.  I am waiting on permission from RPG Tankentai to distribute my translation of the script before I put it out there.  I will release my ranged weapons animation addon at the same time.  Since it seems that I have no choice but to maintain and support my own publication, I'll probably be starting a new thread for my distribution of the translated script.

Ok. I dont know if I have this side view battle system! but I think I do and it really frustrates me because when my party has either a bow or a gun equipped they still run and attack the enemy. how do I stopthis from happening?

Kylock,
excellent I got the SBS to script to work right away ill be looking forward for your add on and script
thanks very much

last time I was trying a SBS system it was in RM2K3, that was a b****

Mikano

Kylock":1ul0bcwi said:
Mikano":1ul0bcwi said:

I have just now tested a few special moves I'm not using yet in my own game (such as Friend Throw).  I have found a fundamental flaw in Wolfwoodsama's original translation for the actions of the 2- and 4-man moves specifically.  If these errors are abundant in the remaining moves and actions, then I fear I don't have enough time to properly translate this to completion anytime soon.  Use the original for now if you ABSOLUTELY need to have special moves.

I will fix it when I have time.

Mikano:  Instead of calling me ignorant and telling me "it doesn't work", maybe post exactly what you are doing and your error message.  Your confrontationalism is totally uncalled for.

Tigeruler: That is not the same script.  At all.  I would suggest you start a new thread for that.

Nice one man, I apoligise for my confrontationalism, I just got a little frustrated s'all.

I look forward to the full english translation, you've done an awesome job.

Peace

Question...can we still use our own animations? Or are we limited to the included ones, listed in the script? If so, how?
The database "animation" category is just ignored.

Kloc

Do you notice in the demo and in my game while using this script with minkoff battlers that it appears as though they hit twice when normal attacking?  Do you see a quick fix for this?

When i tried the script demo i got the error about the characters first,then i went in and gave them all sprites and gave the event a sprite to.But now all the text is in square things (i don't think there supposed  to be).and when i go into battle i see a side view but there are like 20 sprite characters flashing and rotating  instead of just one sprite.ive never done any kind of scripting before and im new to this but i couldn't stand the battle system it came with =-=.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.