Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System & ATB - Moved

hmm... T_T

I am messing with some weapon animation scripts from one of the sites on the front page... the spear one... I cant believe they jump and swing the spear down at the end lol... I think I am gonna learn how to edit it and just have them thrust the spear into the enemy instead XD

also though...
say I have 3 animations for slashing...
is there a way to do a random choice out of those 3 animations?

now database animations but script animations...

also is there anything that lets you set a special animation for critical hits? or does it just pop up the extra damage...

like now it just pops extra damage after the regular hit...
but I sorta want it to depending on the weapon hit different ammounts...

like say I have a character with a sword... I would like the critical animation to show the char slashing once then jump back and thrust the sword into the enemy...doing damage like 75% damage 2 times if possible so it would just do 1.5x normal damage?

actually I dont think thats possible in the script right now T_T... cause it would need addons for dual wielding animations and everything to make it really great XD
like oh 2 knives! one slashes down the char turns around and then slashes up with the other knife

wsensor":3oikf41k said:
hmm... Mr. Bubble
question could you make a quick script that would reverse animations?
I meant I made my attack animation look like someone was being punched...
but when the enemy does it the punch faces the back of my character and hits em T_T
I was wandering cause I wanted to give my enemies spears but I wanted the animation to be reversed...
You can reverse certain elements within a sequence using "Invert".  I recommend reading about it in the config script comments.

kirbwarrior":3oikf41k said:
Is there a way for an enemy to use a weapon SPRITE? equiping an enemy with a weapon only shows that weapons animation, and might affect some other things, but i don't know how to show the icon

Also, is there a way to force a certain icon? Say i want someone to throw a dagger, but they only equip axes. How would I do this?
I don't understand your first question, sorry.  But yes, you can use an entirely different graphic for skills such as, from your example, a skill that visually throws a dagger, not the actor's weapon.

wsensor":3oikf41k said:
also though...
say I have 3 animations for slashing...
is there a way to do a random choice out of those 3 animations?

now database animations but script animations...

also is there anything that lets you set a special animation for critical hits? or does it just pop up the extra damage...

like now it just pops extra damage after the regular hit...
but I sorta want it to depending on the weapon hit different ammounts...

like say I have a character with a sword... I would like the critical animation to show the char slashing once then jump back and thrust the sword into the enemy...doing damage like 75% damage 2 times if possible so it would just do 1.5x normal damage?

actually I dont think thats possible in the script right now T_T... cause it would need addons for dual wielding animations and everything to make it really great XD
like oh 2 knives! one slashes down the char turns around and then slashes up with the other knife
It might be possible to randomize attacks, but I have only thought about how I would script this in my head.  I haven't tried it out in a game yet.

Someone asked for a crit animation before and the script does not support that by default.  It'll need to be scripted in by someone if they know how.

aww darn XD
It sorta needs the ability for a special 2weapon animations... instead of run up slash... changweaponslash type thing...
but that would make people doing tons of special animations XD

like say weapon 1 was a sword butweapon 2 was a dagger... they would have to script both types I guess oh well XD

Ok, I think you answered what what I was asking. But to clarify;

Actor 1 is wearing a axe. He uses a skill called "throw dagger". Let's just have it look the same as ThrowWeapon for now. How do I change it so he throws the dagger? If it based of of the skills icon, is there a way to do it not that way?

hmm...
lets see...

I guess you could take it somewhat from bubs bow script that uses a file for an arrow in the characters folder named woodarrow.png...
hmm...

ok starting on line 1538 and to 1555 this is what is there
Code:
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 # â—

SBS script has been updated to v2.8 Eng v1.9

Code:
# 1.9
# â–¼ Updated to version 2.8 of the original script.
#     - POP words are now fixed to display the correct statement.  This means
#       that a "MISS" or "EVADE" text will display in the correct situation.
#     - Error fixed when character ID 4 is added in the middle of battle.
#     - An error is fixed regarding adding a character in battle and the shadow
#       appears in a strange place. (Mr. Bubble: This seems to be behaving fine.
#       HOWEVER, it looks like this has made a new issue with removing an actor
#       mid-battle.  The removed actor's shadow will appear at the upper-left.)
# â–¼ Corrected a description under Slip Damage Settings. (thanks to 
#   mr.?@rpgmakervx.net)

All demos have been updated accordingly.  Sorry, nothing new in the EXTRA DEMO.

Do I have to update?

Not really.  The translation update is very minor and you won't need to update your SBS Config script if you don't want to.

However, if you want to update to 2.8, all you need to do is replace Sideview 1 and Sideview 2.  That is all.

Please redownload any of the versions you're using and simply replace Sideview 2.  I accidentally left some untranslated portions within from transitioning to 2.8.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Version updated to 2.98.  Please read the first post of the topic for the download link.

Code:
# 1.9 (Only SBS version update)
# â–¼ Updated to version 2.98 of the original script.
#	 - Bug fixed when animated enemies do not invert in surprise attack
#	   encounters.
#	 - FLOOR in the configuations now correctly adjusts opacity of the
#	   BattleFloor rather than Z-axis.
#	 - Major bug fixed from 2.8 when adding/removing actors mid-battle.

If you have already downloaded and are using a previous version, all you need to do is replace Sideview 1 and Sideview 2 to update to version 2.98.

All other versions have also been updated except Kaduki's battlers demo.  Hopefully NightWalker will update to the latest version soon after they are released.

Hi Sorry to sound like a noob and sorry for the bad einglish but, ineed a hand. I Used the demo of the Battle system and it worked, exept for a Detail, When all my Party or one in my Party dyes the Game crashes. . . What should i do?

sotomisis":3giywb96 said:
Hi Sorry to sound like a noob and sorry for the bad einglish but, ineed a hand. I Used the demo of the Battle system and it worked, exept for a Detail, When all my Party or one in my Party dyes the Game crashes. . . What should i do?
Well, if you can be more detailed info and what error you get, it would help.  Are you using any other custom scripts?  If so, list them all.  I can't replicate it in the normal demo.

well I tried a few demos before this PRCBS for example but i uninstaled the game and deleted all the files, but it still doesnt work. Its like this, i can pley normaly, but when my party dyes the game crashes, it doent says anithing it just close, that happens with some animations too. For example Thunder/whole in frame 15. . .  :neutral: can you help me now?

Version has been updated.

Code:
# 1.9 (SBS version update only)
# â–¼ Updated to version 2.98a.  This is an unofficial version release that fixes 
#   incorrect inversion of animated battlers in all cases.  Please note that in 
#   this version Enemy Invert Settings currently only work for animated enemy 
#   battlers and not single image battlers. (thanks to 
#   shadowflare912@rpgrevolution.com)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.