Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System & ATB - Moved

ramx":35ttvp5t said:
I'm using the SBS Tankentai v2.8. How can I update my project? Should I move all scripts?

Thanks!
All you need to do is replace Sideview 1 and Sideview 2 from the latest demo to update to 2.99

Normal and EXTRA demo updated to 3.0 linked in the first post.  Please be aware of the new bug in this version.

For IAB and Kaduki battlers script users: All you need to do is replace Sideview 1 and Sideview 2 with the ones from the latest demo to update to v3.0.  IAB I will update later.

Code:
# 2.0 (SBS version update only)
# â–¼ Updated to version 3.0.
#	 - Bug fixed with states set with "Cannot move or evade" restrictions and 
#	   start actions.
#	 - Action Conditions which check for required skills now works properly.
#	 - Stabilized the switching behavior of party members in battle.
#	 - Bugs fixed in back attack battles when enemy weapons sprites overlap the 
#	   enemy sprite and weapon sprites are not inverted.
#	 - Bug fixed with skills used by Force Action?  Hard to understand.
# â–¼ KNOWN NEW BUG: Skills that transform an actor's sprite such as 
#   "Transform Cat" does not work properly because of this update.  Please
#   be patient for a fix by the author and use your own judgment on whether you 
#   want to update to this version.

Enu's ATB is currently up as a public release.  However, there are a lot of bugs it has since it's newly released software.  I have not uploaded it here yet.

ATB CONFIGURATION SCRIPT: TRANSLATION IN PROGRESS.  Please be patient!

Sideview updated to version 3.2.  Normal, EXTRA and IAB have been uploaded and linked to in the first post.

Code:
# â–¼ Updated to version 3.2.
#	 - Sprite transformation bug from previous version now fixed.
#	 - Bug fixed when entering back attack battles twice or more in a row?

Double Attack Fix, Dual Attack Fix and Triple Attack Fix Addons now compiled into Default Scope Options Addon.

Please let me know if there are any problems with this version transition as I sometimes miss translations.

Sideview updated to 3.3.  Normal, EXTRA and IAB demos have been uploaded and linked to in the first post.

Code:
# â–¼ Updated to version 3.3.
#	 - Bug fixed where a collapsed enemy's sprite reappears for no reason
#	   particularly when used with ATB.

I read that a lot of people don't upgrade to the latest version because they don't want to reinstall everything again.  You don't have to at all.  All you need to do is copy Sideview 1 and Sideview 2 from the latest demo and replace Sideview 1 and Sideview 2 in your project.  That's it!  You're updated to the latest version!  The configuration script generally does not change from version to version.

It sounds like Enu is closing his support board temporarily on the 14th because of the holiday.  I wouldn't expect any version updates in awhile.

ATB Translation: It's going well as my Fall finals are over and I have a little more free time.  Please be a little more patient. :)

All demos have been updated to translation v2.1.  Please let me know if there are any broken links.  I highly recommend reading over the revised translation in the SBS Configurations especially if you are a person who makes your own sequences.

Release Notes
Code:
# 2.1
# â–¼ English translation updated to 2.1.  The original translation done by
#   Kylock and wolfwoodsama was ok, but I could not tolerate
#   the amount of information that was lost in translation and the
#   amount of errors.
# â–¼ Translation overhaul is mainly for first half of the SBS Configuration 
#   script.  No single action names have been changed.  Single action
#   category terms have been changed to ones that make more sense.
# â–¼ Comments have been cleaned up and clarified for consistency.  This should 
#   be a lot easier for those who wish to learn how to properly customize this 
#   script.
# â–¼ This English translation has been officially approved by Enu, the person
#   who scripted this entire battle system.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x88/ ... /atb-1.png[/img]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x88/mrbubblewand/atboptions.png[/img]
Initial release of the translation for Enu's ATB has been uploaded and linked in the first post.
READ THE ATB CONFIGURATION SCRIPT FULLY BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

Please do not use the ATB script with Sideview versions older than 3.3.

If you wish to express any translation suggestions, I'm open ears.

â—

I like the ATB system, it works smooth.

To make it more difficult for the player, maybe make the ATB keeping running for the monsters until the player chooses a main command (say Fight, Skill, etc) like in the FF games. When the ATB system is on wait there, you can only take your time choosing skills, items or summons. Otherwise you just gotta think quick.

Another suggestion would be the status images underneath the ATB bar. Maybe too crowded. One thing that you could do is make the status images smaller and put it on top of the player. Or  have them behind the player's name.

All in all, it works like a charm!

New2Ya":2xyjeyf7 said:
I like the ATB system, it works smooth.

To make it more difficult for the player, maybe make the ATB keeping running for the monsters until the player chooses a main command (say Fight, Skill, etc) like in the FF games. When the ATB system is on wait there, you can only take your time choosing skills, items or summons. Otherwise you just gotta think quick.

Another suggestion would be the status images underneath the ATB bar. Maybe too crowded. One thing that you could do is make the status images smaller and put it on top of the player. Or  have them behind the player's name.

All in all, it works like a charm!

Read the ATB Configuration script fully please.  You can customize all of what you've mentioned to your preferences in there.

Hello... I am a new RPG maker VX user. I used this script, but after I put in the config, Side battle 1 and 2, and the ATB scripts, I try to test battle, but it gives me the error message

Script 'Battle script 2' line 1638: SynaxError occurred.

May I get some please?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.