Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System & ATB - Moved

oh my your already about to release 1.7? I got 1.6 from another forum when you released that XD

hmm I gave a couple monsters clubs lol... funny XD 2 skeletons hitting me with wooden clubs XD
hmm eh I wish I could assign random weapons for my enemy battlers that way I could save on enemy spots... or have it make my enemy troops randomly out of 3 or 4 choices of monsters... I am looking for that type of vx script XD

I sorta want to mess with the xp version of the script on the Authors website XD
I saws it there but everyone always talks about minkoff's battle system

eh oh well Mr. Bubble if you find a way to give enemies at the start of battle a random weapon meaning I could set the same 3 enemy ID in a troop and have a chance for em to have different weapons I would love it

yion

Is there a Way to increase the speed of the WHOLE battle ?
(every animation and every skill and every RTP animations etc. etc.) ?

Version updated to 1.7.  EXTRA demo will be updated when I finish up new moves.  IAB will be updated eventually.

yion":3808m0is said:
Is there a Way to increase the speed of the WHOLE battle ?
(every animation and every skill and every RTP animations etc. etc.) ?
I think that would require a seperate script entirely.

wsensor":3808m0is said:
eh oh well Mr. Bubble if you find a way to give enemies at the start of battle a random weapon meaning I could set the same 3 enemy ID in a troop and have a chance for em to have different weapons I would love it

I don't think that's possible, sorry.

Herr Frederick Von Twirlenkiller":3808m0is said:
Wow there is even a abssorry i meant atb script for this I wonder when it will be released here...

I've only posted it on one forum to test the waters.  It isn't that bad as I thought, but I doubt I should mass post it since there are still errors abound with that script.

Hmm alright, i'll look at that script. Only problem is hopefully it doesnt clash with Dargor's party changer xD

[EDIT]

OH MY GOD MR.BUBBLES. THANK YOU. I FOUND A WAY TO USE BOTH DARGOR'S PARTY CHANGER AND KGC. Since KGC's large party wont let me use Dargor's party changer (which is made of awesome) i had to try something.

i FREAKING LOVE MYSELF :D

I found a fix all by myself ^_^ and it fixed ALL of the problems.

Thats right, i made Dargor's arge party script compatible with RPG tankentai's

I love Dargor's large party and i need it for his awesome party changer. So i decided to use BOTH KGC's AND Dargor's party changer.

It works! I putted Dargor's above KGC.

Now, Dargor's large party is used for his Party changer and it works and KGC is used for battle. Since KGC doesnt render all party member into the battle, you can use Dargor's party changer to switch characters.

Im soo happy right now, i've been having this problem for WEEKS.

so for those who wants to have RPG tankentai compatible with Dargor's Large Party/Party changer script, thats what you need to o.

P.S make sure to run through KGC's script and set everything that deals with the party changer on the menu to false.

I know I said the last version was the last release, but thanks to Shu, the Config has practically been 100% translated into English. I also removed something I accidently left in the code that might've caused errors for people. :x

@fmalust: it is, isn't it?

@PingPong: Nice to see you got it working.

Edit: Updated IAB.

Good job Bubble, just make sure you don't burn yourself out with this =p

I ended up hating this script after several weeks of babysitting the thread for it...

but its funnnn XD

and it is sorta funny how alot of  stuff you think would not work with the script does work with it...

just had a few problems and it ended up being cause I started my skills at 1 and had those attack addons put in...

now I start my skills at 5 lol... 5 only cause I like to put blanks spots in certain sections to help me organize lol

edit: omg Kylock's still alive! you posted before I did and I never noticed lol

Awesome Job Mr. Bubble, your coding is working excellent. I'm still trying to piece out the whole coding process, Ironically its more like actionscript, and thats something I LOATHE in adobe flash.

I'm trying to merge the party exchange and the atb at the same time. nothing stable yet... but think anyone can toss some pointers?

hmm... Mr. Bubble
question could you make a quick script that would reverse animations?
I meant I made my attack animation look like someone was being punched...
but when the enemy does it the punch faces the back of my character and hits em T_T
I was wandering cause I wanted to give my enemies spears but I wanted the animation to be reversed...

wsensor":21tfa6im said:
hmm... Mr. Bubble
question could you make a quick script that would reverse animations?
I meant I made my attack animation look like someone was being punched...
but when the enemy does it the punch faces the back of my character and hits em T_T
I was wandering cause I wanted to give my enemies spears but I wanted the animation to be reversed...
Copy the attack, post it on a new skill database slot, then do the same for the animation, however edit the animation to fit your needs.  :wink:

oh I meant actually just for the unarmed attack animation but I decided that I was going to remove the punching animation part afterall... I figured it would auto reverse the animation or something...
but guess I cant do that afterall... I was worried I would have to add a weapon that used a reversed animation for every enemy but I don't think Ido.. even if I do... all I have to do is use the nice limit break script and make it so I have more animations/weapons XD

Is there a way for an enemy to use a weapon SPRITE? equiping an enemy with a weapon only shows that weapons animation, and might affect some other things, but i don't know how to show the icon

Also, is there a way to force a certain icon? Say i want someone to throw a dagger, but they only equip axes. How would I do this?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.