Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System & ATB - Moved

Mr. Bubble, how could I do like in Embrace End -- when the swords start to slash the enemy, the damage increases.
Also, how can I have 2 different ranged weapons?
Another one -- how can I make ranged weapon skills using a certain animation as the fire bow animation instead of having my character 'swing' the actual weapon's icon?
Ah, and this:

Spanish (Brazil) - http://www.rpgmakerbrasil.com/forum/f43 ... -1622.html
Single Actions and Sequences are still English, but a lot of the comments are missing!
Brazil speaks portuguese, not spanish. It makes me feel like killing everyone who does this. Not to offend anyone.
That post is written in portuguese.

well for some reason it seems to me that having 2 weapons makes healing skills act up? I mean I gave my chars 2 swords and selected a wimpy first aid skill and they slash themselves to heal once per weapon... T_T lol

ok I am wrong hmm... I made my 2nd char in a test battle use 1 weapon and still 2 slashes happened T_T
omgs all I want is it to just heal once lol

maybe its cause my main test char had 2 weapons?

Larynni":a9yx7n71 said:
Mr. Bubble, how could I do like in Embrace End -- when the swords start to slash the enemy, the damage increases.
Also, how can I have 2 different ranged weapons?
Another one -- how can I make ranged weapon skills using a certain animation as the fire bow animation instead of having my character 'swing' the actual weapon's icon?
1. Not possible in a single skill ID.  You can pseudo-increase damage by using Skill Links intuitively, but that would take up 7 skill IDs.
2. ?
3. Change the "SKILL_USE" sequence to your preferences.
4. Honest mistake. :P

wsensor":a9yx7n71 said:
well for some reason it seems to me that having 2 weapons makes healing skills act up? I mean I gave my chars 2 swords and selected a wimpy first aid skill and they slash themselves to heal once per weapon... T_T lol

ok I am wrong hmm... I made my 2nd char in a test battle use 1 weapon and still 2 slashes happened T_T
omgs all I want is it to just heal once lol

maybe its cause my main test char had 2 weapons?

Please read the instructions at the top of the Config script if you've just discovered this script and want to install it into your project.

First Mr. Bubble Larynni meant that in embrace end it did multiple hits/damage and wants to know how to do that also...
Also Larynni you could just equip 2 ranged weapons... just don't set them to 2 handed and it should let you use 2 at once...

==========================================================================
ok... still I see nothing at all about healing skills and weapons... I completely copied the script...
I have mana cost set...
like I have it set for -5 damage... that should heal 5 hp... ok maybe its because of the variance...

hmm could it have something to do with the fact I do not have it say casts heal! ???
nope thats not it...

hmm ok... I have no elements or states set for this skill just like the healing skills in your project...
ooh! ooh! I think I knows...
I have the multi equip script in the game script forlder I remove that and check...

ok multi equip script was not the cause... making an entire new project for no reason other than to test produces same stuff...
so ok I copy everything and still get the same problem...

is it because I gave it only 1 mp cost?

You copied the scripts, but did you also copy over the skills and animations into the same ID numbers?

What is the skill ID number of this healing skill you created?

Great script, I just have a question.. The stationary enemies addon works from 2.6, and maybe I'm missing something, but is it possible to have more than 1 weapon ID for the stationary enemies? From what I gather, it just seems that you can only assign one weapon to ALL of the stationary enemies, thus they all use the same animation. I ask, because I'd like to have some stationary enemies to attack with certain 'elements' and others to attack with others again.

No, I'm talking about like, having one character with a weapon that has this animation and another character with a weapon that has this animation (both are ranged)
Also, I was talking about Embrace End.
About the ranged weapon anim during skills, I did not understand your answer. Could you make a demo of it?

Larynni":2va7owu5 said:
No, I'm talking about like, having one character with a weapon that has this animation and another character with a weapon that has this animation (both are ranged)
Also, I was talking about Embrace End.
About the ranged weapon anim during skills, I did not understand your answer. Could you make a demo of it?

1. Yes, it's possible.  I added a Harp addon and Bow addon in the latest EXTRA demo.  Use those as a base to create your own ranged attack.
2. I don't understand what you're trying to ask about Embrace End.  Are you asking how to make damage increase after each hit or how to make a skill hit multiple times?
3. Find this Sequence in your Config script:

Code:
  "SKILL_USE"    => ["BEFORE_MOVE","WAIT(FIXED)","START_MAGIC_ANIM",
                          "WPN_SWING_UNDER","WPN_RAISED","WPN_SWING_V",
                          "OBJ_ANIM_WEIGHT","Can Collapse","24","COORD_RESET"],

Replace it with:
Code:
  "SKILL_USE"    => ["BEFORE_MOVE","WAIT(FIXED)","START_MAGIC_ANIM", "35",
                    "OBJ_ANIM_WEIGHT","Can Collapse","24","COORD_RESET"],

It will get rid of all weapon swings when you cast a spell.  It is possible to customize whether you want it to swing on a single skill basis or not, but considering how much difficulty you're having with this script, I do not think taking the time to set that up for you would make sense to you.

psiclone":2va7owu5 said:
Great script, I just have a question.. The stationary enemies addon works from 2.6, and maybe I'm missing something, but is it possible to have more than 1 weapon ID for the stationary enemies? From what I gather, it just seems that you can only assign one weapon to ALL of the stationary enemies, thus they all use the same animation. I ask, because I'd like to have some stationary enemies to attack with certain 'elements' and others to attack with others again.

It's possible to equip any weapon ID to any enemy.  I've already given an example on another forum so I'll copy that:

when EnemyID#
    return WeaponID#

Thus, in the Config script:

Code:
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # â—

oh I copied over all the stuff it said to copy in the top of the script...

and the healing skills I tried are using skill slots 1 and 2...

and I am pretty sure Larynni wants to know how to make a skill that hits multiple times...

your Embrace End skill hits multiple times... and the damage pops back up each time the blades stab into the enemy near the end of the skill...

wsensor":1o9u83am said:
oh I copied over all the stuff it said to copy in the top of the script...

and the healing skills I tried are using skill slots 1 and 2...

and I am pretty sure Larynni wants to know how to make a skill that hits multiple times...

your Embrace End skill hits multiple times... and the damage pops back up each time the blades stab into the enemy near the end of the skill...

Get rid of the Dual Attack Fix, Double Attack Fix and Triple Attack Fix Addons.  You don't need them.  That will fix your problem.

I'm talking about a skill that INCREASES the damage constantly after each command. Like, Bam! 185! Bam! 185 INCREASES to 186...187...188... and keeps going.
And I was talking about having the bow attack animation in a script ><"

Larynni":3hyvqb4b said:
I'm talking about a skill that INCREASES the damage constantly after each command. Like, Bam! 185! Bam! 185 INCREASES to 186...187...188... and keeps going.

Then I've already answered it.  That's not possible in a single skill.  You would need to intuitively use Skill Links to create the illusion that it increases.  I doubt the transition from skill to skill would be smooth, though.

I designed Embrace End to hit 10 times.  The base damage during the animation doesn't increase at all.  The varying damage is caused by the Variance setting which is set at 20%.

And I was talking about having the bow attack animation in a script ><"

Here, you can use this little addon I just made for that.

Code:
# Use this if you want your bow skills to have the same animation attack as
# a bow normal attack.  Place it below Kylock's Bow Addon.

module NO1
  BOW_SKILL_ANIMATION = [  ] # List Skill IDs here. [1,2,5,7..10]
end

module RPG
  class Skill
    alias bubs_bow_skill_anim_base_action base_action
    def base_action
      for x in NO1::BOW_SKILL_ANIMATION
        return "BOW_ATTACK" if @id == x
      end
      bubs_bow_skill_anim_base_action
    end
  end
end

ok now I feel like an absolute moron... how did I never notice that I will never know T_T...

seriously now I never even thought about it T _ T

aaah T_T

oh well I just started with skill slot 4 instead lol... seriously though I feel like an idiot XD
ok well so I made a crappy animation I might make it into a different type once I learn a bit more...

sorta want to make a character throw a bandage at the party member to heal em lol

Sorry but i've been having some REALLY big bugs on this script.

I dont know if its compatible with the large party script but whenever i add my party members in, more then 4 memebrs in my party, they all show up in battle. As in, if i have a 5th party member in, then the sprite wont appear in battle, but when the 4th member's turn end, it doesn start the battle, but goes to let me choose the action for the 5th memeber that isnt in the battle. >_O

and then when i -THINK- i fixed it, i get a whole new error after finishing choosing the action for the 4th member.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc22 ... tled-4.jpg[/img]

can you please help me with that? I've been spending the pass day and a half imputing all the new skills into my RPG and i dont wanna hafta go back to 2.6 and lose everything i worked hard on >_<

PingPong":2zbcodrk said:

I dont know if its compatible with the large party script but whenever i add my party members in, more then 4 memebrs in my party, they all show up in battle. As in, if i have a 5th party member in, then the sprite wont appear in battle, but when the 4th member's turn end, it doesn start the battle, but goes to let me choose the action for the 5th memeber that isnt in the battle. >_O

and then when i -THINK- i fixed it, i get a whole new error after finishing choosing the action for the 4th member.

can you please help me with that? I've been spending the pass day and a half imputing all the new skills into my RPG and i dont wanna hafta go back to 2.6 and lose everything i worked hard on >_<

Did you remember to increase max battle members in the SBS Config script, too?

Code:
 # â—

I like how it lets you equip monsters to have a certain weapon...
but question...

I was wandering
would it be possible to have an addon that lets say at the beginning of a battle say you have monster

Code:
Undead Soldier
Base Stats
hp 50
mp/sp or whatever 50
attack 5
def 5

now then say I want to make a battle with 3 of em... but I wanted each to have a random set of weapons... maybe even 2 weapons at once
so say undead soldier 1 and 3 randomly has short sword
but undead soldier 2 randomly has spear

also would be nice to give them the ability to have a random armor
so even though undead soldier 1 and 3 had short swords
undead soldier 3 has leather armor while undead soldier 1 has rusted armor

this way even though they were the same monsters... they would all have different stats/weapons without wasting space in the monster database... and would make battles different since you would never know what the enemy was gonna have... say an enemy could end up being reallly wimpy.. or end up with Iron Armor and a Lance of Darkness
meaning not only does the wimpy undead soldier that is wimpy and only normally have 5 attack/defense but now it has bonus power from Flame armor and lance of darkness...

while the other 2 undead soldiers have crappy Rusty armor and Short swords

meaning you could end up randomly facing 3 super powered undead soldiers or facing wimpy failure undead soldiers with crappy armor
all without wasting a troop slot and saving time...

now this would only work is if it read each enemy with the same id and gave em a random setup of armor/weapons at the battle process

Mr. Bubble":6o6kk00x said:
PingPong":6o6kk00x said:

Did you remember to increase max battle members in the SBS Config script, too?

Code:
 # â—

That's the first I've heard of that.  :shock:

Are your SBS scripts above all your other custom scripts?

The versions on here are a bit behind, but I'm almost about to release 1.7.  I'll update it here when it's released.

well no, there's 5 scripts above it.

-Dargor's Custom command
-Dargor's Party changer
-Dargor's Large Party script
-Target Flash
-Tankentai 2.7 Config
-Side view 1
-Side View 2

thats the order without counting the other scripts below them. Of course, i tried moving it to the top but still no dice. Now, after i finish choosing the option for the 4th character's action, it gives me that error code i posted up above.

1226 Start_battle nil...or something like that.

and also, i'll wait for the update :). I love the script and its an awesome battle system with awesomes skills so i wont pass this one over.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.