Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System & ATB - Moved

I am fond of making animated skills but I have no idea of the use and syntax in the script given. There's no comment on what's the use inside the parameter.

Can I ask to make me or us some basic tutorials on how to make them?

@Triforce : You don't need to ask someone to try it. Try it yourself. It's faster and reliable. ^^

Triforce":31peat2t said:
All I have to say is Wow.
This is incredible.

One question, is it compatible with the Battleback script?

I'm not sure which one you mean by "the" Battleback script, but I do know that the Layered Battleback script by Gammastar will cause an error when entering a surprise attack battle.

darky000":31peat2t said:
I am fond of making animated skills but I have no idea of the use and syntax in the script given. There's no comment on what's the use inside the parameter.

Can I ask to make me or us some basic tutorials on how to make them?

Sorry, there is a lot I would have to go over and I really don't have time to create a full guide.  I would like to later on, but for now, read the comments for the single action hashes and examine the default sequences provided.

I have also given some starter info in my topic at http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/?showtopic=18304 though.

@Everyone else: I will update the first post here when I need to, but keeping up with multiple sites more trouble for me than it's worth (and this topic has the least views out of all).  If anyone has questions, I'll be more responsive at either:

http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/?showtopic=18304
or
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/?showtopic=3781 ( Requires forum registration )

Also, I have updated my first post with Improved Animated Battlers v0.4 which I just remembered to add here.

Hey Bubble, help me please. 3 of my 4 Animated Battlers aren't working. They were working before and out of a sudden when I check'd them out they weren't animated-- just the sheet, while there was one working [it was the last one I put in]. Then I went to check filenames and they're named correctly, compared animated battler scripts and they're the same. What to do?

Larynni":3x87cml2 said:
Hey Bubble, help me please. 3 of my 4 Animated Battlers aren't working. They were working before and out of a sudden when I check'd them out they weren't animated-- just the sheet, while there was one working [it was the last one I put in]. Then I went to check filenames and they're named correctly, compared animated battler scripts and they're the same. What to do?

You're using the IAB version correct?  I can't really figure out what's wrong from what you've said.  I'm not sure what you mean by "just the sheet."  What kind of battlers are you using?  Do they have 11 rows and 4 columns?  Does this problem occur in my demo or in your own project?

All of them have 4 rows and 3 columns. In my own project. Just the sheet, it just like... shows the charactersheet instead of the animation. This does not happen to actors, only enemies.

Larynni":3s48r8l2 said:
All of them have 4 rows and 3 columns. In my own project. Just the sheet, it just like... shows the charactersheet instead of the animation. This does not happen to actors, only enemies.

You're not using the Enemy Animated Battlers addon correct?

Enemy battlers are not animated by default, I'm not sure where you got that idea.  You won't need the EAB addon if you follow this.  Find this part of the config script:

Code:
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # â—

Um, excuse me...
I have this script @_@
#==============================================================================
# â–  Enemy Animated Battlers for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System
# 7.28.2008
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Script by: Kylock
# Easy to implement interface to specify animated battlers for enemies. Note
# enemy batters must be formatted THE SAME as your character battlers. Also,
# you must have 2 copies of your enemy battler:
# <game folder>\Graphics\Battlers\$<enemy name>.png
# <game folder>\Graphics\Characters\$<enemy name>_1.png
# â—

Larynni said:
Um, excuse me...
I have this script @_@
# â–  Enemy Animated Battlers for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System
# 7.28.2008
# Script by: Kylock
# Easy to implement interface to specify animated battlers for enemies. Note
# enemy batters must be formatted THE SAME as your character battlers. Also,
# you must have 2 copies of your enemy battler:
# <game folder>\Graphics\Battlers\$<enemy name>.png
# <game folder>\Graphics\Characters\$<enemy name>_1.png
# â—

ROFL... It was simply because I was listing them wrong. I was listing like...
['#]
['#]
['#]
['#]
instead of [#,#,#,#]
Sorry ;s

Is there a way to change the battlers spritesheet  in the heat of battle?
ive tried it with common events but does not work. If theres an easy way to script it will someone do it for me please? any help appreciated.

Edit: oh never mind i used the cat form with a different spritesheet, new question though, is there a way to refresh the hp/mp bar right after doing the transformation (cat form) skill? any help appreciated

el_autor":1az6jzzz said:
Is there a way to change the battlers spritesheet  in the heat of battle?
ive tried it with common events but does not work. If theres an easy way to script it will someone do it for me please? any help appreciated.

Edit: oh never mind i used the cat form with a different spritesheet, new question though, is there a way to refresh the hp/mp bar right after doing the transformation (cat form) skill? any help appreciated

Refresh meaning restores HP/MP to full?  You can do that using a Common Event.

xephyr14":1az6jzzz said:
How exactly do you use ranged weapons..?

Sorry, can't help you if you're being vague.  Have you read the comments in the scripts?

im sorry i didnt make myself clear, what i meant was refresh the value of the MAX hp/mp bar.

My character changes his parameters when he transforms via common events, but the hp/mp bar wont show the new values until the next turn. I want the bar to show the new values  after the cat form skill is used (or at least before the enemy attacks).

Thanx

Mr Bubble xephyr wants to know how to set up a ranged weapon I think...

well usually using the ranged weapon script you take an weapon set the icon to bow for the bow addon script...
somewhere in that bow addon script should be the state you must set for the weapon to be registered as ranged...

well to set up for bows.. you copy animations

from Kylock's bow addon

Code:
To use this script, simply add it below the Sideview Battle System scripts
#  and make sure your ranged weapons have element 5 checked(Bow) in the game

# â–  Installation Notes
# â—

el_autor":2t0arfxx said:
im sorry i didnt make myself clear, what i meant was refresh the value of the MAX hp/mp bar.

My character changes his parameters when he transforms via common events, but the hp/mp bar wont show the new values until the next turn. I want the bar to show the new values  after the cat form skill is used (or at least before the enemy attacks).

Thanx

Sorry, I know it should be simple, but that's out of my league.  If you want to ask others, ask for a call script that refreshes Window_BattleStatus.  Honestly though, it doesn't seem that bad.

wsensor":2t0arfxx said:
Mr Bubble xephyr wants to know how to set up a ranged weapon I think...

Thanks for explaining.  And I just realized I forgot to include Kylock's gun addon for people.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.