Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Screenshot Thread 2

You balogne-butts are forcing me to bump again.

Well I've done much, but I think I'll just drizzle a few screenshots around.
peXdbJr.png
m9s6jLT.png

6RdZDfa.png
PPvgnbQ.png

QdIYZ9O.png
M2OwA0w.png

Finally, a spoopy music piece by my composer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_oHQqs7Cng

I'm considering making a post-processing shaders plugin for RPG Maker MV.

Here's the preliminary investigation;
KnESNqp.png

About a billion times easier to do in MV than it was in XP/VX/VXA as shader support like this is actually already built in - just that there's no good API for using it.

Juan J. Sánchez":50vejcty said:
That's very cool, Xilef. We could make some special effects like the ones the PS FF games use for random battle encounters. And I'm sure many more other uses.
At the moment I've set it up so the menu background uses post-processing filters (configurable via the Plugin manager), so you can achieve something like the FFXII menu background (crazy blur + crazy colour tinting).
I've also made it so map filters stack, which opens up the possibility for combinations.

My plan for battle transitions (and applying filters on the map/in battle) is to have it so you define the start parameters and end parameters which are automatically interpolated between. On the map you'd get the duration in frames and a boolean for wait for completion. Map transitions is another one I'd like to look at, but that will come after battle and map filter interpolation.

It uses JSON at the moment. Here's my custom "Blobs" shader;
BJ7yDJ1.png

The plugin command for blobs is; ScreenFilter blobs {"size":{"x":0.001,"y":0.001}}

There are a LOT of weird quirks with the Javascript system MV uses. A lot of core stuff relies on getters and setters correctly activating (very annoying with arrays - you can't actually use array methods on most of their objects).

Some amazing main themes were composed recently, for I314. But since this is a screenshot thread, I'll embed only one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=379AEOvf3Hs
And screenshots!
uR00Saq.png
ipJDps1.png

cI10J3z.png
UR4flwY.png

This is a pretty cool video with a new intro sequence for Intelligence, the old one is still there, it just comes later!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkOO9LjIStE
Trying to make things a bit more linear and easy to understand in the beginning.

eXjVIkU.png

So you get a popup when you enter a new region (which isn't very often), that you can toggle at any time from then on, which tells you all the Big Things you've discovered in that region, as a kind of checklist of how you're progressing. There are of course more Little Things to discover, but these are the main ones where you'll find the most quests, NPCs, and other Things of Importance.

Princess Amy":1ukf1v9y said:
So you get a popup when you enter a new region (which isn't very often), that you can toggle at any time from then on, which tells you all the Big Things you've discovered in that region, as a kind of checklist of how you're progressing. There are of course more Little Things to discover, but these are the main ones where you'll find the most quests, NPCs, and other Things of Importance.
This is looking good. I honestly am excited to try this out and see what you've done with MV.

Incidentally, I've been thinking about your using of 3x scaling; have you done this via scaling assets or have you made a plugin for scaling up the map with nearest neighbour filtering?

If you want I can make a plugin just for you to try out filters. The public plugin needs rewriting but I could quickly make something for you that applies post processing to the map so you can experiment.

@Xilef: If you're good at making plugins for MV-- I and my better 15 could make good use of you.

Meanwhile, here's more work on Intel 314
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seMt-cQEAjg

Stables and Sidewalks
stables%20and%20sidewalks_zpsixgmdfsr.png

I'm really fond of the 3 tile wide cobblestone roads and the 1 tile sidewalks. It just looks right.
Playing around with tile combinations I found the mine entrance could be used as a makeshift stable and the horses fit neatly inside.

But I really hate how none of the doors in any rpg maker seem to have a door frame. The way they cut sharply into bricks like that looks unnatural.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.