Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The last film you saw

Jason

Awesome Bro

I heard in the sequel (They're making a sequel, yay or nay, whatever, not seen the first yet...) Godzilla travels back in time and gets kung fu lessons from Bruce Lee... then he comes back to the present day, but there's giant robots fighting aliens on his turf, so he wrecks shit up and kills them all... oh yeah, did I mention Uwe Boll and Quentin Tarantino are teaming up to write the story?

Also not once did Godzilla pick up a school bus and chugg it like a can of peanuts despite there being hundreds of them on the bridge. I am disappointed to the max.

Maleficent. Fantastic film. A little bit too Disney, sure, but the way they got around the "true love's first kiss" bit in the end was brilliant, a true lampshade of the genre. They did a great job with Maleficent's character, plus the bird was a nice twist.

Princess Amy":1ftgap4y said:
Maleficent. Fantastic film. A little bit too Disney, sure, but the way they got around the "true love's first kiss" bit in the end was brilliant, a true lampshade of the genre. They did a great job with Maleficent's character, plus the bird was a nice twist.
I'm now interested in this movie more.

Saw Maleficent tonight too. I didn't realize until I was in the theater watching the trailers that it was rated PG. I was kinda expecting a grim-dark pg-13 movie.

I was not satisfied with the ending.
The whole true love twist thing was pretty weak. I mean, the crow "loved" Aurora more than Maleficent did in the beginning. So technically, the curse would have broken when he kissed her hand. Unless it specifically had to happen while she was asleep?
And really, a kiss from a loving person doesn't fit what Maleficent intended. She said it herself, she didn't believe true love existed, more specifically, the kind of love she thought she and the king had.

So had Prince Phillip's kiss worked, it would have proven her wrong. Also, I don't think Maleficent ever grasped that the King cared enough about her to take only her wings. Or that his actions parallels her changing the Crow's shape. The crow didn't always like it but it was always for the best.
Or even after Aurora found out the truth and felt betrayed, Maleficent's kiss was still considered a "love's" kiss.

She never showed remorse that she drove the King crazy paranoid. Not that she needed to. But their kingdoms would have been just fine if she had done nothing. I would have like to see her acknowledge that everything was her fault because she went too far. She doesn't really learn to love again either; or make sacrifices like the kid throwing his ring away to hold hands. There was that whole parental love thing which isn't that different from her protecting the Moors. And the bit at the end that called her both a villain and a great hero. No. You aren't a hero for rescuing people from a fire you created.
I feel like there should have been some sort of lesson learned about love. Instead, the movie is about her loosing her wings and then getting them back at the end. And maybe a subtle message that revenge is justified as long as no one else gets hurt in the process.

I dunno. I kinda liked the implication that

true love can be love between a child and someone who's brought up a child. Especially for one who didn't believe in true love. The whole curse itself seemed pretty silly, until you get her intention in that she doesn't believe it exists, but the curse is just words not intent, as clearly she didn't intend for her not to be able to revoke it either ("no power").

I felt very disappointed by it being a PG too, but tried to look at the film from that point of view. It felt... I dunno. Childish but with enough of a twist to make it kindof work.

Jason

Awesome Bro

I actually really enjoyed the film and thought the way they dealt with the ending and the "twist" was a pretty cool take on the story... it's nice to do things differently.

The Hobbit part 2. It was better than the first in some ways. The CG stuff wasn't very convincing in certain places. Am I watching a movie or a video game? But the fights were choreographed beautifully. I'll have to watch it again on full volume for the full theatrical effect since I had it turned down while people were sleeping.

Wild Child.

...hmm, good in parts but mostly shit.

But hey, Emma Roberts is so much more attractive with brown hair. She looks like overly attached girlfriend.

Rented Justice League: Trapped in Time.
It had a bunch of bonus episodes in the special features. Like Teen Titans and old school Justice Leauge.

Gotta love their silly catch phrases. What the heck? Who knew Superman can create space cyclones?

Saw Mockingjay Part 1. That turned out well like the previous two movies. I particularly like the way the cinema focuses a bit more on the very real question of whether rebellion is actually justified. You've got to have a good reason and not just be all "we are so much more awesome than those guys that run the place now". And this will really set up Part 2.

Anyway, it's 2015 now. Where's my fuggin' hoverboard?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.