Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
The Blacksmith's Apprentice

The Blacksmith's Apprentice - Version 1.5 released

Mesh90":15m56n6h said:
when will the next demo be up ? :)
Once I stop obsessively checking these forums, I'll be able to get more work done. :)  I'm hoping to post an *update* soon (improvements, mostly), but I'm assuming you mean when will the next big section come out... And that I don't know.  My work has been split between making improvements on the existing stuff, and making new content.  I'm sure I'll post the next "book" right after interest in this game has all but died out. :dead:

@Ophiuchus:  Thanks for the mini-review, really made my day!  I appreciate the feedback, I'm going to add your suggestions to my ever-expanding list of things to do.  I'm glad you enjoyed it so far.

Ilocar":3mwevl7z said:
Your link is broken
Thanks for the heads up. Apparently, filefront just deletes uploaded files after a while. Did not know that.

So, it's going to be a while, because the current version of the game is right in the middle of development. If someone who's downloaded it has a recent copy, I'd be greatly appreciative. Otherwise, a link won't be available until I can finish up the next section.

It's been a while since I've looked at this thread. How's the game going? Got any more gameplay added to the game? The point I ended at when i played a long while ago was when he awakes and it's all snowy. Haha. Any more post that at all?

Speedpaws":qvwwkesm said:
It's been a while since I've looked at this thread. How's the game going? Got any more gameplay added to the game? The point I ended at when i played a long while ago was when he awakes and it's all snowy. Haha. Any more post that at all?
Soon, actually, I'll be posting version "1.5". It won't have a ton of new material, but it will have some major changes and improvements. More details when it's ready, hopefully in a couple of days.

i went to the download link and im sorry, but i dont understand why it wont let me download your game.
i realyl want to play it

peace :smoke:

Just to let you know Juno, I'm re-playing this too. Very very good work, I'll say. Loving the new puzzle elements, too. :D

EDIT: Gah. Just come across a game-ending glitch. It's in Willow Glen during the winter. I've delivered the bag of food to the woman, then I return to Martha, and she just says "Thankyou for offering to take the food, Arthur." I can't progress...

Mktown

good game. really good. but i have a problem in the gloomy forest. some of those islands in the with the roots i cant reach. the tree shots me too short or too far so i never get on the island. what am i doing wrong?

Mktown":2n3may54 said:
good game. really good. but i have a problem in the gloomy forest. some of those islands in the with the roots i cant reach. the tree shots me too short or too far so i never get on the island. what am i doing wrong?

Pay attention to the wind... when it picks it (which you can tell by the "shwoosh" sound and the fog moving faster) the bendy trees will throw you farther or closer, depending on which direction you are jumping.

@BrunoTR: Sorry man, I'll work that bug out as soon as I can. I appreciate you playing through it again, I'd love to hear your ideas on what I could do to make the game better.

the v1.5 download cuts out at about 65%,I suspect it's something to do with the host, maybe it's just me.

Mediafire always seems to work if you need alternatives.

Zwark0":2q221x33 said:
the v1.5 download cuts out at about 65%,I suspect it's something to do with the host, maybe it's just me.

Mediafire always seems to work if you need alternatives.

I know others have been able to download it from filefactory without problems... I actually prefer mediafire, it's what I used to use, but it doesn't support files larger than 100MB (for free).

EDIT: I just downloaded it myself with no problems, though it did take awhile. I wonder if maybe your internet connection is timing out or something.

I tried the alternative link, and got the same result. Must be something to do with my internet. Is there anyway you could split it into two smaller files?

thanks for the help, looking forward to playing it.

BrunoTR":2n779hz1 said:
When I tried it wouldn't give me a port to download from. Anyway, I won't be able to download til next month. Download limit... :(

There's a monthly download limit? Can anyone recommend a good file upload service that holds files larger than 100MB, for free? I've tried a bunch now.

EDIT2: Okay, I've split the game into two files: The primary game download, and the Audio files. Both links are available from the main post. Once you've downloaded the audio files, you won't need to re-download them for any updates to the game(unless I add more music, of course). Instructions for unpacking the files is in the "Notes" section.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.