Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Summon

kerfvalerio":2lm4mnet said:
where is the instructions you said it was in the script but its so not!!

Hell, read the comments in the script, if you even know what they are.

They're the little tid-bits of information put after a # sign, in green color. Perhaps after you read that, you'd understand how to use this script.

kerfvalerio":2ofw6g6t said:
can i use this script with dvv's limit break

You could always try using both of them together and see what happens....

Anyway, since im nice, i tried it for you and they do work together, you can summon a creature that's limit bar will fill up and unlock a defined skill when it is completely full.

no i mean the menu it dosent appear on my menu only the limit break menu appears. So it dosent appear with the summon status menu what do i do to fix thispls tell me since u are a nice guy and all

kerfvalerio":1cq8vety said:
no i mean the menu it dosent appear on my menu only the limit break menu appears. So it dosent appear with the summon status menu what do i do to fix thispls tell me since u are a nice guy and all
Well i think this is a menu problem and not a problem of the summon script.
Maybe i can make a patch, what menu and other script are you using?.
chrislongden3":1cq8vety said:
Wont even dignify with a response...

Anyway, i lol'd when i saw this

"The summon is an hero created in the database."
I'm very busy.
The school the family and the friends comes first.
Also i've a problem with my pc,please be patient.

When i try and open the status window from my edited menu using $scene = Scene_SummonStatus.new

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/677/wutpo0.jpg[/img]

I get an error saying "Failed to Draw Bitmap" on line 134 of summon_status

self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, @item_max * 32)

Any idea what is causing this.

kerfvalerio":15rnxtg0 said:
im oly using DVV limit break menu script

The one i wrote?  hmm... i really don't have access to RMXP right now, but my guess is a conflict with the command windows..., with my system overwriting his.  What order are the scrpts in, mainly, which is first?

I'm quite lucky to have found this script, because I was searching for a good summon system, and I think this one looks just fine.

I downloaded the demo, and it all (of course) worked there really well. Then I tested the script on my game, but I got two problems.

First, the "Summon status" option thing won't appear in my menu.

And second, in battle, my battler's graphic was gone.

So could somebody help me? I'm only using a side-view battle script, and I don't think that would somehow affect this script, but well, I dunno.

More detail please.
For the summon status maybe the "Summon status" option doesnt appear in you menu because is custom.
For the battler graphic.... well i dunno, what script are you using?

Leonhart there is a bug in the load part of the menu. When you have the script in the game and you save then load, the game goes full-screen when you press enter in load.

There seems to be a lot of talk on this matter.  If you're going to take the exact same effect as every other game with the summon ability, then disregard this post, but if you would settle for something a bit different, with little or no scripting involved,

Couldn't you just make the skill summon outside of battle?  Then you could call a common event to change/add actors.  And if you wanted to replace the actor in battle, just change your battle graphic and leave the first actor's graphic.  This would give you more options.  But then again, I like to avoid scripts due to my lack of programming knowledge.  So this is an easy way around it for me. 

@Eestcha
    Please post more details on your problem. Maybe, from my experience, your problem is your battler graphic. Change it to 4-dir sprites not the picture of the summoned char.

cairn

seems like your script doesn't work with either rye.jp cbs, or with minkoff's animated battlers script. Unfortunately, I haven't seen minkoff for some time now, so I'm hoping that you can help some people like me with this issue.

question: when i tried using the RTAB version i was able to run it but whne i tried summoning, it will summon the characters but then return to the original character who summoned it. ex.. turn 1: summoner summons. then summon appear. turn 2: summon disappears then summoner tries to run from battle. I've made the turns b4 summons leave to 3 so it would take 3 turns before it leaves. but i am it does not take effect. can you help me??^^ I'm using Cogwheel's RTAB

cairn

I'm having some problems when I use the summons with minkoff's animated battlers, using Cogwheel's RTAB CBS and with the RTAB version of the summon script, even then it doesn't work properly. When the summons have to be dismissed or when the battle ends, when everyone has to be switched by the summon, the game crashes. Or, when I set the summon to only remove the caster, it results into a crash before the summon gets into battle. If anyone could tell me how to fix this, it would really be handy.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.