Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Summon

I needed that badly ages ago but now its a maybe as to if I will use something like this in my project. Still I'm sure oodles of people will find it usefull. Does it always display a transition or can you show a battle animation instead? Or something so you can show your summon arriving *points to FFX-XII* How about having the recall summon option in the actions menu instead of a skill?

Also, how compatible do you think this will be?

In any case great work.

-Off topic-
@Jaide, lol at your sig

Updated but not tested xD.(Updated only the summon script)

To Anglachel:
The transition is played always btw the script show the battle animation of the skil.
For the compatibility mmm... i have aliased all the method that i have used.

To Reaper*:
No but I think the large party script remove this problem,
or maybe i can add something similar in the summon script.

I was going to use this script for a sort of summoner that doesn't have a good physical strength but has a good magic power.

So he can summon monsters to aid him when is in a fight.
And can you make this script to also can summon monsters from items for those who can't summon.

By that i mean you can buy or find items that can make you summon allies for that turn and then the item can be used whenever you want or then it disapear but the last part can be made in the events.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't get the turn.default to work with a real number, i.e. bigger than 0. They just never leave like it's still 0...

Jaide

Thanks for updating it. :) But I don't really understand how to make this work properly. If you could make some more detailed instructions in the script, that would probably help a lot... I don't understand how I need to set up the skill to get it to actually summon the character. All it does is heal my party, and I copied the skill straight out of the demo. O.o

Script 'game_actor' line 497 : NoMethodError ocurred
undefined method '>' for nil:NilClass
This happened when I selected the blankness in abilities, instead of the popular cancel sound and nothing happening, I get the error...

also, can you make a RTAB verson, that would be awesome!

Jaide

The Sleeping Leonhart;277140 said:
For the RTAB version (and the other battle system) you must wait, because i want to complete the standard version before.
Ohhh, that might be my problem; I'm using RTAB. ^^; Still a neat script though! I look forward to the RTAB version.

The sleeping leonhart you will make the part i asked you?

I mean to summon a monster if there's a free spot in you maximum battle place you fight?

And it can be possible right to make a summon with an item by calling a common event i haven't tried it but will it work?

Does this work with the Minkoff Animation System for anyone? Because I keep getting an error... sad thing that is, indeed.
And could you add a function that if a summon stays in battle for n turns the amount of turns is related to the summons level? And if a summon only removes its caster is it possible to make every actor of the party cast a summon as well, that'd be awesome!
Thanks in advance!

Jaide

Viviatus;280875 said:
Does this work with the Minkoff Animation System for anyone? Because I keep getting an error... sad thing that is, indeed.
And could you add a function that if a summon stays in battle for n turns the amount of turns is related to the summons level? Thanks in advance!

I'm using Minkoff's Animated Battlers and DerVV's RTAB, and I get an error. =/ I'm not sure which script it doesn't work with; it's possible it won't work with either. I didn't try them individually, because I always use them together, so....yeah. :x

He said he'd release an RTAB version after he got the default version ironed out, so I'm hoping that'll fix whatever problems we're having. ^^

I know it's the Animated Battlers, cause I still use the DBS. And not a single other script. :/
But I'm sure it's not compatible with the RTAB as well...

Still, this script is too awesome to be held back by incapatability,
Sleeping Leonhart, you have my full suppport 120% to get these compatabilities!

I am so sorry, i update the script when i have free time...(maybe tonight).
now i have in mind only the school, but i promise, i finish this script ;)

Edit:
Updated the two script
Now you can Summon by item(Summon Script)
and the attribute development consume more than one item.(Summon Status & Development)

The script is incompatible with RTAB maybe because that script
overwrite the methods(i think....i never watched the RTAB script)
BTW you want compatible only with RTAB or also with other battle system?

The more the better! I still prefere it to be compatible with the Animated Battlers, by Minkoff. Plus the few features I posted above. Would be cool if you'd do them. XD

Take care!
And thanks for this great support!

Zell Dinch;283392 said:
Oh no, I'm using Animated Battlers with RTAB and it didn't work properly. Please make it compatible with them..
I think he already said that he's going to make it RTAB compatible.
Good job! Works perfect with Animated Battlers! Thanks alot!

Hey Lionhart . Are you still developing this script?? Please make it compatible with RTAB. I like this cool script very much. If it can use with RTAB and Minkoff Animated Battlers, that would be perfect.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.