Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Summon

You are insistent.
In order to end the script I have not made the homework (i hate the school) xD.
Well i make a beta version compatible with cogwheel RTAB.
Not completely tested (I must go to sleep.. here in Italy is half past midnight)

Thanks for the support!!

Your script is what I've been waiting for! WOW!

But I have a minor problem, I am using MinkOff's RTAB and when I cast summon and one of your actors have full ATB gauge, one of the actors command window remains during summoning.

I was wondering if when you summon, the actors command window will be refreshed and replaced by the summoned creature(s) command only.

It's a hassle pressing cancel button every time you summon so you can use the command of your summoned units instead of the
actors used before summoning.

EDIT: OK I have fixed it. It was due to incompatibility with other scripts I have.

LeonHart, uhmm...would it be possible that when summoning your character stays with the summoned creature?

EDIT2: Nevermind, I solved it. :) SO if anyone wished that their actor before summoning still stays in place just delete this piece of code.

Code:
#Clear the party
    if Evocation::Remove_Only_Summoner[@id]
      $game_party.remove_actor(@active_battler.id)
    else
      $game_party.actors.clear
    end

P.S. How do you wrap the code in a spoiler?

I was just waiting for summoning system,

scratching my head(alitt in scripts...)

And here you saved me! :thumb:

THX THX

..yet, does it works with ABS ? if not please try make one with event summoning T^ T

Sorry to be a bug but when I delete the # Clear Party code from my above post it will create an error after I unsummon an actor.

Can I suggest/request of you to make it that my character still stays after summoning and take off
without any error?

Stupid stupid stupid me! For that whole day I spent just to figure out that there is an option. :(

Well then I'll just report a bug.

1. This is RTAB version. When your 2 actors have a filled gauge and you cast summon while you immediately pressed attack on the second char it will display an error of:

Script 'Arrow Base' line 58: RGSSerror occured
disposed sprite.

Hope it helps on your upcoming version.

Sorry for keeping on posting here.

I just love your script and I want to get the best of it!! :)

Uhmm...again from my previous post that was solved that my character stays with my summoned creature...would it be possible when I summon, the option of summoning be disabled until it is recalled? because i don't want my character multi-summon.

I mean all skill_id that was used to summon be disabled unless recall_id or summon_rest is called.

This is one of the best scripts I've used for this effect, I think.

The transition is really smooth, and it's generally customizable, so I'd have to say you did an amazing job. Keep it up.

Just edit this part of the script. Change the BGM to whatever you want if you want different BGM in your different skills. Follow the syntax.

Code:
#Sintax:
  #BGM = {Skill ID => BGM Name}
  BGM = {81 => "005-Boss01"
  } #Define the BGM played during the summon turns
  #BGM for undeclarated summon
  #nil = not change BGM
  BGM.default = nil

If its not in your parameter. the battle music won't change[/FONT]. Hope that helps.

thanks for the help! Darky000, I erase the
Audio.bgm_play("Audio/BGM/" + Evocation::BGM[@skill.id], 100, 100)
in line 147 and that solved the problem...but another thing, I tried to set power at 0 (so there is no recover or damage effect on summoning) of the summon skill, when I recall the summon...the miss shows up, could there be a way that the "miss" effect doesn't show up?...It could be also good if the user animation appears first before the summon to appear (because the user animation appears after the summon was dismissed..

thanks!!

Vixene

Do you have to level up the summons seperatly to original actors or do they level up with their summoner (like in FFX)?

Hey, i love this script to bits, but i'm wondering if it is possible to make the attribute-increasing etc. Summon-specific. As it is, when you use a potion or such, any summon will be able to consume it to level up (along with skills in the same way...)

I'm looking for a way to increase the summon's attributes and skills, but only from an array I choose for each. (AKA you can't put fire-spells on a water creature, or increase the attack value of a healing summon.)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.