Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

cairn

firgof, make a smaller project, I don't think anyone wants to download a 100mb file just to help you out. Take any file that isn't useful for the script, and then upload it and send it to me via PM.

I'll try and do so today, but I'll also probably be using Atoa's custom battle system instead as it works right out the box and seems to do a lot of the same things. ^^;

Sorry that the game is so big. I haven't shortened its size at all yet because it's still an internal project so I don't have to download anything. When I release it it'll easily be under 20 MB.

I have a request for knowledge this go around!

I was wondering, for the ability's feature 'Cut-In', if there were a way to add features to the picture sliding in and out.

What I'd like to do is have a screen flash, and a sound effect play. I've tried this with common events linked to the ability but they only go off after the picture is gone. I'd like them to go off as the picture is coming in/exiting.

Is this at all a possibility?

Thank you for your time!

Possibly just use the picture you want in your battle animation? Unless I'm misunderstanding the effect? I haven't tried the 'Cut-in' feature.

I can take a look if you want.

@Firgo: I can't find the error in the game code. It seems to work fine for me, unless I'm doing something wrong. But at first glance, the script seems to be looking for a two-handed e weapon feature that you might have to configure. Let me boot up the laptop and check the difference in our scripts. For all we know the error you're having could be known. Atoa has been gone for a week and a half now. I'd like to believe he's working on the script but as with many people, there are better things to do out there than sit on rmxp and work on something for people who aren't paying him. =/

Barchetta":2lp5picg said:
Possibly just use the picture you want in your battle animation? Unless I'm misunderstanding the effect? I haven't tried the 'Cut-in' feature.

I can take a look if you want.

The thing is, I've already put in the picture I wish to use, but I want a sound effect accompanied by a screen flash to go with it so it will fit more with the actual battle.

For example, think Marvel vs. Capcom battles where a character uses a special attack; I am aiming for that sort of effect.

I hope that explains things better.

:smile:

Edit: fixed it mostly, only thing now is that the character class/job text is bigger than default, yet all the other changes i wanted to do are fixed, i just had to take out some "if $game_temp.in_battle" lines in the changes to Window_Base in the battle windows part of the script.

so now all im trying to figure out is the bit about the class text in the menu being too big

i have a question, im using the "face" pic slots in the battle to make a sort of mini HUD for each character in battle to tie together the hp mp and charge meters, and everything is lined up just right.

ok now heres my problem, in the menu and status screens the HP and MP number text doesnt line up, it hangs off the end of the bar example:

in battle ___________
| 235/876 |
-------------

menu ____________
| 235/|876
--------------

now the only adjustments for hp/mp text in the menu and status screen move the image with them, for example if i try to move the text to the left so it fits in the bar, it moves the bar an equal amount

in battle things look fine (HUD is wip for placement btw)
battle.jpg
then in menu and status the hp and sp text is off to the right, also id like to resize the font to about 16
menu.jpg
status.jpg

any help would be appreciated

That's an odd problem. I'll see what I can do in Atoa's absence... I think what you should do is have a script above atoa's scripts that edits just the menu and status menu hp bars. I don't know if it's doable but I could tast my cut-and-paste on the project that was sent to me. I'll send you the end result...

That is, the script only of course. Don't want to destroy the someone else's project. :biggrin:

i just took the if $game_temp.in_battle lines out of the script so it applies the settings available in the battle script in the menu as well, it works fine the way i did it if a bit butcher style, but i get no errors whatsoever

Gimnis

there's a problem with this script in my game, it works fine in the battle, but when the battle is over it shows me that message:

and i don't want to remove "tons of add-ons"

but anyway, awesome script!!

@Gimnis: Hmmm I might be able to diagnose the error if you post ALL of the scripts you're using. The error might not even lie in the 'tons of add-ons script.' If it does though, I want you to tell me what parts you are using.

I'll be waiting.

@Firgo: I can't seem to find the error that you're having. I've tested your game and the battle system. It runs smoothly for me.

@ Gulch666: Glad you made it work and once again thanks for the help.

Gimnis

the scripts i am using are:

all three "tons of addons"
drum and piano script
"simple 8 direction" script
pong mini game script
DASH script
blizzard's "level up notifier" (this one also did some trouble with the BS)

and your battle system

i don't have SDK

and another thing, can i make it like in "Chrono Trigger" that there is more then one menu, like, when it's one of the characters turn it opens their menu, so i want more then one to be shown at the same time, can you explain to me how to do it?

Atoa

@Giminis
Post the script names, and if it's possible the links.
But it's probably incompatiblity with the ton's of add ons, since there's a lot of scripts that mess with battle.

About the chrono like battle commands... only if you or someone else create an new code to do this, the default scripts doesn't have this feature.

i have another question, i havent really put a lot of time into figuring it out on my own cause im having some issues with my own custom menu im trying to make...

anyway, what id like to know is how can i use the "attacker animation" of a weapon in the database instead of the icon, i want to have some weapons that are slightly bigger than the icons allow, but id still like the option to use icons for smaller weapons. why i ask is, well if you set an attacker animation on a weapon, it doesnt play, id like it to.

if theres a way to make unarmed attacks allow an attacker animation that would be ideal, cause i could still have an icon for the weapon, set it to use unarmed attack animation in the script and then it would play the attacker animation which would be a weapon swinging in front of the actor where the icon weapon would have swung.. i think i confused myself by thinking in circles now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.