Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I figured out how to edit where I'm hitting my target monster but I still can't get the damage number to pop-up after the animation. Any help, please?

I'm getting CTDs when running this scriptset. On entering battles, I receive the following (separate instance) warnings before a CTD:

Script '* Sideview 2' line 3200: ArgumentError occured.
wrong number of arguments(0 for 4)

Script '* Sideview 2' line 2451: TypeError occured.
no implicit conversion from nil to integer.

Are these bugs or am I required to customize a portion of this script before it will run properly?

(Installed Scripts: HERMES, ccoa's WeatherScript, the RMXP SDK) [None of these seem to be the problem as removing them has no effect on the scriptset]

Firgof Umbra":2mjdgln6 said:
I'm getting CTDs when running this scriptset. On entering battles, I receive the following (separate instance) warnings before a CTD:

Script '* Sideview 2' line 3200: ArgumentError occured.
wrong number of arguments(0 for 4)

Are these bugs or am I required to customize a portion of this script before it will run properly?

(Installed Scripts: HERMES, ccoa's WeatherScript, the RMXP SDK) [None of these seem to be the problem as removing them has no effect on the scriptset]

This script if fully non SDK compatible. Remove SDK and maybe it can work fine.

This script if fully non SDK compatible. Remove SDK and maybe it can work fine.

None of these seem to be the problem as removing them has no effect (on my issue)

Removing the SDK had just as much effect as it did last time. Still getting the nul;/integer problem.

I also removed HERMES while I was testing whether or not removing the SDK had any effect on my issue; no, it did not.

Ummmm he's right. You can't have the SDK. I tried doing a game with just those two scripts and it wouldn't allow me to play. As for your error, one of your other scripts are conflicting. Don't come in here acting like you know Atoa's script. You're talking to people who've been using it for some time. We know what we're talking about.

Thank you.

And could you maybe post a screenshot of your error? You might get a little more help that way.

lol... shhhh
Guess I was wrong. Ok it's not compatible with anything above 2.0

I apologize. my error.
Besides, if you're using one of the ones above 2.0, I would suggest not doing that. They're very incompatible with other scripts.

...yh...i know that what i have asked..is...well complex...but..its not Insane...
and deffently doesnt need 1000+ lines of code...

since you could use Attribiutes to attach to the weapons to say its a sword or spear or wot not...that parts easy..its just the rest i cant do ..

Don't come in here acting like you know Atoa's script. You're talking to people who've been using it for some time. We know what we're talking about.

Such hostility. :\

Whether they're compatible or not has no bearing at this time (it was questionable when I first posted as that's a very common issue and the main post indicated that whether they were compatible or not was an unknown). I still get the error after removing the scripts (that's all custom scripts except for Tankentai).
Unless they can magically insert themselves into the script database after I remove them from the script DB, save the project, close the program, re-open the program, re-open the project, verify that they are not in the script editor, and run the game they simply cannot be the problem here.

A screenshot in my case would be useless for debugging. All you would get is a black screen (imagine the game just about to load a combat sequence, but before any graphics or sound is used, that's where we are in the run sequence for combat) and one of the two errors in a dialogue box over the window stating exactly what I had typed up above as I took care to copy the error messages in their entirety to the letter.

It has to be something else that has to do with my project other than installed scripts (as I ruled them out) as it runs fine from the demo project. And I'm at a loss as to what. I followed all instructions. I ran it with all add-ons and extras installed and with only the base scripts necessary for it to function. I installed all graphic and audio data from the demo into my project; all of said data is accessible and not corrupt in the material editor. I added three heroes in the DB to make 4 entries just in case that was fouling up the run sequence. I made sure all skill entries were the exact same numbering as they were in the demo's counterpart.

If I did not have significant alterations to the system database for my project, I would just boot up the demo, remove everything unnecessary, and slowly integrate the project's database into the demo's database while I import all 81 of my maps. But that's a lot of work. So if there's any possible way to debug the script as it is, I will pursue those possibilities happily and patiently.

I thank you for you taking the time to respond and offer possible ways my setup could be causing errors with the script but since my setup has been removed as a possible explanation for the errors it is no longer a valid path of inquiry into the source of this problem (unless you've got something that I haven't considered already as a potential source of the problem).

You're posting the whole thing above main? Did you make sure to copy every part and not just the ones you want? Keep all the parts and just move the ones that you don't want below main. I know they're become innactive code but it might still help. I can't imagine why it's not working for you. Do you have all the graphics you need? The face files and such?

Again, I appreciate your attempting to help me but ... I meant if you came up with something I hadn't already mentioned.

You're posting the whole thing above main?
I followed all instructions.

Did you make sure to copy every part and not just the ones you want?
I installed all graphic and audio data from the demo into my project; all of said data is accessible and not corrupt in the material editor.

Keep all the parts and just move the ones that you don't want below main.
I ran it with all add-ons and extras installed and with only the base scripts necessary for it to function.

Do you have all the graphics you need? The face files and such?
I installed all graphic and audio data from the demo into my project; all of said data is accessible and not corrupt in the material editor.
No, really. I literally went into each of the folders, selected all, ctrl+c, went over to my project directory, and ctrl+v'd in the appropriate spot. When I say all I do mean all. All as in everything. All as in the possibility of my not having a file here is 0. That 'all'. And before you reply with 'well maybe you need to import them through the material editor' ((asplosion) :cry:) yes, I did do that as well just to make sure that it wasn't a database/registry error being generated by spontaneously adding files into the directories and having the program update itself as opposed to vice versa which is the usual (slower) method (that I haven't ever had problems doing before)

I can't imagine why it's not working for you.
Finally, something that I can say that I haven't already said multiple times before: Me either. Got any other ideas (otherthantheoneswejustwentoverpleasenoIwillexplodeandeatarawhamster)? If not, I'll just have to wait for the script author to come on by so I can debug with him directly.

cairn

make sure you don't have any edits on the standard rmxp scripts. Also, try to upload it on a hosting site and send me the link via PM, I'll try to help you out.

Maybe you should take the easy exit option and use the demo file to create your game folder. I did that and it worked fine. If you have trouble with the script then, you may have an illegal rmxp or the wrong rgss file.

illegal rmxp or the wrong rgss file
as it runs fine from the demo project.
Edit: Also, just for you, I made a new project. I imported the scripts into the brand new project just the same as I imported them into my main project and -blam- worked just fine. Tried it again on my main, crash with the errors above. As stated before...

I thank you for you taking the time to respond and offer possible ways my setup could be causing errors with the script but since my setup has been removed as a possible explanation for the errors it is no longer a valid path of inquiry into the source of this problem (unless you've got something that I haven't considered already as a potential source of the problem).

easy exit option and use the demo file to create your game folder.
If I did not have significant alterations to the system database for my project, I would just boot up the demo, remove everything unnecessary, and slowly integrate the project's database into the demo's database while I import all 81 of my maps. But that's a lot of work. So if there's any possible way to debug the script as it is, I will pursue those possibilities happily and patiently.
(explodes, eats a raw hamster) "Thif if your faught!!"

make sure you don't have any edits on the standard rmxp scripts.
Hn. Unilkely, but worth a try.

Also, try to upload it on a hosting site and send me the link via PM, I'll try to help you out.
Sure thing! I've got an older version right here (sorry for hoog filesize, it'll be cut down significantly in the public beta when I switch everything over to OGG and lower bitrate).

Edit: Son of an illegal parameter. I fixed problem. Problem was my SVN client removing one of the files every time I posted all the content in (an option I specifically disabled but it re-enabled itself without even telling me it had done so). It has been thoroughly whipped and I apologize for the ridiculousness that was my computer subtly and secretly making a mockery of me. :|:

Now, if you gents'll excuse me, I have a SVN client to scold/beat/repair.

Edit: And I take that back as well. Equipment still causes an implicit conversion crash; yes, I have the relevant files for sure. I made a seperate directory for my SVN updates now. I can go into battles however, which is a big step toward 'working'. Again, the problem is:

Hmmmm... well I'm a little strapped for technology. Unfortunately, my computer is out of commision til I can get a new keyboard. I'm on a laptop right now =/

Anyway, I installed my rmxp on this laptop. If you send the new folder with all the errors, I'll see what I can do. I recall having a lot of issues when I first tried to run this set of scripts. I'll see what it is and check to make sure it isn't one of the errors I had. I'll fix the problem. I might not be an uber scripter but I know enough to do repairs. ^^

EDIT: Are you using Vista? I doubt that it has anything to do with the script but I'll look into it. I'm using Vista on this laptop =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.