Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoa

@Cryaotic
You must Check the bow add on.
There you configure an Element ID, then add this element ID to Weapon/Skills that you want to have the bow animation.

Atoa":39iqvmea said:
@Cryaotic
You must Check the bow add on.
There you configure an Element ID, then add this element ID to Weapon/Skills that you want to have the bow animation.

I have done this, I go to the Bub's Bow Add-on and go to line:

BOW_WEAPON_ELEMENT =

And there I put the weapon number I want to have the animation. I also made sure the same animation for the target was checked that was checked in the demo (103: Arrow - Hit). The thing is the animation goes off, it's just the character still runs up to them.

Seen here:
hu3jhu.png

Am I still missing something? :sad:

cairn

its just a matter of reading actually, as I know nearly all the scripts there because I translated them. Just read the comments, (green lines) they give most of your instructions.

cairn":2i92sd5v said:
its just a matter of reading actually, as I know nearly all the scripts there because I translated them. Just read the comments, (green lines) they give most of your instructions.

Aye aye, I still just have a 'little' bit more of getting used to the program is all. I was not sure of what element really meant, and I noticed the Bronze Bow was the exact same number as the element on the script. So I only assumed.

Pardon my nubbish behavior.

cairn

no worries, we were all noobs one day at rmxp. But not to keep this going much longer, just ask here if you have any trouble with the script, and we will try to help.

I apologize for having another problem with this script, but this is one that I am quite certain I've tried every possibility for.

With the 'Enemy Animated Battler' Add-On, I have found only a certain few Enemy ID's actually work to animate them. For instance when I try Enemy ID 1, it works just fine, but with 2, 3, and 4 for example, they don't.

I have made sure to enter the Enemy ID in the script where it is supposed to, and this has worked for a few ID's, but a vast majority it doesn't seem to want to.

My Enemy ID line reads as this:
module ENEMY_ANIME_BATTLERS
ENEMY_ID = [1,2,3,4,5,32,33,34,49,50,52,54,55,56] # IDs of the enemies that will have animated sprites
end

I am not using custom sprites or battlers, so when I put in a default monster (Say simply putting in 001-Fighter01) on one of the ID's that work for me it is instantly working without having to add anything to the Battler's folder.

Might there be something I am missing deeper into the script that can unlock more Enemy ID's that are able to be used with the Animated Battler's Add-On?

Heavens I must be coming off as such an amateur.

Thank you for your time.

cairn

well, try to use

Code:

ENEMY_ID = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 32, 33, 34, 49, 50, 52, 54, 55, 56] # IDs of the enemies that will have animated sprites

end

Instead off

Code:

ENEMY_ID = [1,2,3,4,5,32,33,34,49,50,52,54,55,56] # IDs of the enemies that will have animated sprites

end

I can't help you any more today because I have to take some tests now, but I'll be back in some hours.

cairn":bq59f5oi said:
well, try to use

Code:

ENEMY_ID = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 32, 33, 34, 49, 50, 52, 54, 55, 56] # IDs of the enemies that will have animated sprites

end

Instead off

Code:

end

I can't help you any more today because I have to take some tests now, but I'll be back in some hours.

Thank you for the help! At first it did not want to work, though I just resorted to the last resort all people who use computers use; Restart the problem!

I simply saved the project, exited, opened it up again and it seems to work without a hitch now. :biggrin:

Good luck on your tests my good man!

Atoa

@Cryaotic
Remember.
The battler graphic name must be the same as the character graphic name.
You will need TWO graphics with the same name in the different folders.

Using graphics from RTP automatically works because all battlers have the same name as all charsets.

Heh, this will be my third question I believe?

Sorry for that.

But at the moment I am currently trying to get JUST the main actor's to have animated battlers (you know the sort who actually attack instead of walk, which I have the sprites for by the way), but I am at a loss with how to actually come about this.

I have found the line:
# true: Use actor's walking graphic.
# false: Don't use actor's walking graphic.
# If false, battler file with "_1" is required since walking file is not used.
# "_1" and subsequent files ("_2", "_3", etc.) should be uniform in size.
WALK_ANIME = false

# Number of frames in a battler animation file. (horizontal frames)
ANIME_PATTERN = 4

# Number of types of battler animation file. (vertical frames)
ANIME_KIND = 4

To where I put WALK_ANIME = true, and I would set the ANIME_PATTERN = 4. My problem is I only have animated battlers for my main characters and not the monsters.

Is there any way to set it in the fashion of the monsters use the walk animation but the actors use custom battler animations?

Thank you for your time.

Atoa

The script do it automatically.
If you set the custom battlers ON, and the script can't find an custom battler, it will use the default walking graphic.

One question...
I'm using all the SBST XP scripts in a game i'm making, and i made a wepon, but when testing it. The character didn't moved for a close attack, it just stayed in its place, with the attack animatin and all. The weapon i made is a sword type weapon, so it'd look wierd if the character did only just stay in its place, and the damage appeared from nowhere. So, how can i make the character move to attack?

Here's a screenshoot so you can understand what i'm saying.
2craikw.png

Atoa

@ Mysterybreaker
No, it would need some changes to make it.

@TehFrank2
You probably set an animation for ranged weapon in the weapon.
Take a look the weapon element set and see if one of the ranged weapon element are checked.
By defautl, the actor moves to the enemy in all normal attacks, and the only way to change it is applying a new animation (like the bows and guns animations)

I just discovered this Battle System and it blew me away, it's great! I also like the loads of addons it has. A summon addon would be great to. There's already a transform addon so that could be used as a base to make a summon addon, isn't it? :p

anyway, i'm using this. I want to make my battles very original and intrsting, these scripts can certainly help with that.

cairn

I sent leon's summoning system to atoa last week I believe, and he said he would work on it I think. Now we gotta wait and see.

Atoa

the summon addon is already done (i've done my own summon since i didn't like some features of the sleeping lionheart one).
It's just needs some minor fixes.

Do you know how i can change the way that the battle damge is calculated?
i would like to change the calcualtion to the FF12 formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.